Re: Checkmate Guitar

Advertisement
Posted by melody on Sat, 10/10/09 - 08:07:17.

: : :
: : : : I have an accoustic Checkmate Guitar. It has a crown logo and word Checkmate on it. Model G145. Does anyone know about when and where this guitar was made. I am in the process of doing a little touchup on it and restringing. I would be interested in acquiring any of these type old Japanese made guitars. :
: : : i have one too and mine is made in korea and the model number is G500 if thats of any help

: I have an accoustic Checkmate G500 or G300 with the metal emblem Blue and silver crown with red lettering (Check mate) accross it. Inside there is a label that gives the name model number as either G300 or G500 (can"t really tell as the top half of the first digit has faded and says made in Japan. I would really like to find out more about this guitar. ???????

I have a Checkmate G135 with a hummingbird pick guard. The sound is phenominal. It was purchased in the early 70s, but I can't find anything out about it except that it might be a teisco. Any info?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

checkmate guitar

I would like to know the value of a G300 acoustic guitar made in Japan.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.