Heit Deluxe

Posted by Chris on Sun, 01/27/02 - 13:37:47.
In Reply to S&L MUSIC GEAR

I was just given an old looking guitar that says Heit Deluxe on it, but not much more information. I could not find anything out looking at search engines. Does anyone know what kind of guitar this is, and whether it is worth getting repaired?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

hiet deluxe

I have A hiet deluxe solid body one pickup looks like strat body that's has a curve
Cut out above the strap lock it's a dark sunburst with a sticker
That says professionAOL model on the tourtuis pick garde i think it's a mid 60a

Re: Heit Deluxe

I'm trying to find information about a heit deluxe acoustic guitar. If anyone knows value or collectability, would you please email me, thanks

hi i have a guitar i know nothing about i can't find anything like it but a heit deluxe guitar 1968 look at this link http://www.vintaxe.com/cgi-bin/vintaxe_viewer.pl?guitar_heit_deluxe&japanese_guitar_heit_deluxe mine has 2 pickups and a marbal pick garde and a tremblow im looking to sell it if u know anything about this let me know antdog801@hotmail.com is my email i will be happy to send out photos!

The heit deluxe sunburst fender telecaster guitar was sold at sears roebuck centers in 1972-1976, then after came honher and harmony soon after toward the mid 80's and then kima in early 90's. The heit deluxe sunburst guitar is not worth fixing at all although it is vintage it is as worthless as an old black and white tube rca TELEVISION, you know the ones you see getting thrown away. Toward the end of the tiesco hayday they were given out at carnivals for prices such as konai island and other east coast amusements. There is one model (the one with the bigsby tremelo) that has an original metal plated stamp up on the top of the neck, this particular model is worth about $200-250, another interesting fact was the sears roebuck corp. carried these guitars on the east coast as for as west coast and midwest carried hohner and harmony and at one time even FENDERS! The necks warp very easy on these heits and most likely 9 outta 10 ive seen have major buzzing from incaved frets and cheap woops. The guitar was produced in taiwan at that time and costed $3 to make at that time and year. Thats why they were goven out for pennies for prizes.

: The heit deluxe sunburst fender telecaster guitar was sold at sears roebuck centers in 1972-1976, then after came honher and harmony soon after toward the mid 80's and then kima in early 90's. The heit deluxe sunburst guitar is not worth fixing at all although it is vintage it is as worthless as an old black and white tube rca TELEVISION, you know the ones you see getting thrown away. Toward the end of the tiesco hayday they were given out at carnivals for prices such as konai island and other east coast amusements. There is one model (the one with the bigsby tremelo) that has an original metal plated stamp up on the top of the neck, this particular model is worth about $200-250, another interesting fact was the sears roebuck corp. carried these guitars on the east coast as for as west coast and midwest carried hohner and harmony and at one time even FENDERS! The necks warp very easy on these heits and most likely 9 outta 10 ive seen have major buzzing from incaved frets and cheap woops. The guitar was produced in taiwan at that time and costed $3 to make at that time and year. Thats why they were goven out for pennies for prizes.

you are crazy.....these are wild guitars and great sounding.
They are perfect for today's punk and grunge bands. They are not shredders but the tremelo arm is wicked!!!!!
Bottom line, these are collectables!!!!
They are easily going in the Hundreds of $$$$$$$

: : The heit deluxe sunburst fender telecaster guitar was sold at sears roebuck centers in 1972-1976, then after came honher and harmony soon after toward the mid 80's and then kima in early 90's. The heit deluxe sunburst guitar is not worth fixing at all although it is vintage it is as worthless as an old black and white tube rca TELEVISION, you know the ones you see getting thrown away. Toward the end of the tiesco hayday they were given out at carnivals for prices such as konai island and other east coast amusements. There is one model (the one with the bigsby tremelo) that has an original metal plated stamp up on the top of the neck, this particular model is worth about $200-250, another interesting fact was the sears roebuck corp. carried these guitars on the east coast as for as west coast and midwest carried hohner and harmony and at one time even FENDERS! The necks warp very easy on these heits and most likely 9 outta 10 ive seen have major buzzing from incaved frets and cheap woops. The guitar was produced in taiwan at that time and costed $3 to make at that time and year. Thats why they were goven out for pennies for prizes.

: you are crazy.....these are wild guitars and great sounding.
: They are perfect for today's punk and grunge bands. They are not shredders but the tremelo arm is wicked!!!!!
: Bottom line, these are collectables!!!!
: They are easily going in the Hundreds of $$$$$$$

I just bought a Heit Deluxe telecaster in TV yellow. This guitar sounds amazing. It has a real vintage 70's sound. People are really crazy about it and are offering me hundreds for it. I haven't seen another one like it anywhere. I don't think there were many made or maybe not many left, but they're hard to find.

: I was just given an old looking guitar that says Heit Deluxe on it, but not much more information. I could not find anything out looking at search engines. Does anyone know what kind of guitar this is, and whether it is worth getting repaired?

I have a Heit Deluxe bass guitar. It is an electric hollow body with one pick-up, a fold over rear bridge/string bar, two S shaped cut outs, two finger rests for left or right hand players, fretboard inlays, string guide on the head between the tuners and nut, and two strap buttons. It is a sunburst, with a volume and a tone knob with a 1/4 amp input.

hey man dude i have that same bass and i cant figure out what it is i would like to know what it is and how much its worth

: I was just given an old looking guitar that says Heit Deluxe on it, but not much more information. I could not find anything out looking at search engines. Does anyone know what kind of guitar this is, and whether it is worth getting repaired?
PLEASE CONTACT ME.

i was also given a heit deluxe electric bass guitar and it is also very old and i would like ot kno how much it is worth but its exstremly har to find any info on the bass guitar. lol so yah i hope u find wut your looking for.

: I was just given an old looking guitar that says Heit Deluxe on it, but not much more information.

The very first electric I ever owned was a Heit Deluxe. This was 1976 or '77, and it had a few years on it by then. It was a Strat looking thing with three or four pickups. I paid five bucks for it, stripped the finish, shot it with clear, and sold it for forty five (probably the first and last time I ever made any money on a piece of gear).

The overall quality of the guitar was low, and was typical of the guitars you could buy at from record and department stores at the time for under a hundred bucks. According to this article ( http://www.well.com/user/wellvis/gitinfo.html ), Heit Deluxe guitars were built by the Teisco del Rey company.

Is yours worth fixing up? Depends on what you've got. A quick scan of Google shows some people getting a few bucks for them. If you feel it's worth putting some time and effort into, go for it.

-Bob

I bought a Heit Deluxe from a consignment shop back in October. The action is tolerable, the intonation awful. The bridge (saddle) has no adjustment; it's fixed, like an acoustic guitar. By putting a capo on the first fret and tuning down a half-step, the intonation improves somewhat.
The pickup, however, is one of the best I've ever heard. That's why I put up with its other idiosyncrasies.
I took it to a local shop to see if its problems could be relieved. The resident expert was in awe. He had never seen an old worthless Heit that had survived for thirty years without some genius butchering it with modifications. He advised that the guitar is worth more as an historical artifact (and more so with the passage of time) than as a playable instrument. So all modifications are out of the question, as far as I'm concerned.
And one other thing in its favor: It looks great. It looks like what it is: a 60's surf guitar. No guile, just style.

I have a Heit Deluxe. I fixed it up, and it plays pretty good...relative to the quality of a upscale beginner guitar in the $200-250 price range. Mine has 4 single coil pickups, each with an on-off switch. It has a zero fret and it originally had a cheap trem with a fixed bridge, kinda like a really, really cheap Bigsby vibrato. It is a 3-color sunburst with a black pickguard.
Here's what I did to repair it: I took everything apart to start with. That was a learning experience :-) I determined that I would need to replace the tuners and the bridge. I ordered the parts from Carvin. I cleaned everything up. I also glued tin foil to the inside of the body cavity and the back side of the pickguard. It is not silent, but I'm sure the shielding helped. I noticed the neck pocket looked like it had a chip in it, so I used a mixture of wood and superglue to reshape it a little. It fit tighter, but it was still quite loose. More on that below. The volume and tone pots were very good in my opinion. Maybe not as good as most standard Strat pots, but still very tolerable. I put everything together and strung it up.
Some comments about playing...tuning is a little funny. It has a very loose neck joint, and it can be knocked out of tune very easily, even by putting the guitar on a stand. I was able to get a very good action the way I set it up. I had to adjust the truss rod a little, and the bridge is almost as low as it will go, but the action is pretty good. I actually prefer the way the neck feels on my Heit better than my brother's Mexican Standard Strat.
All in all, I would say it is well worth the $55 in parts that I spent. It beats having no electric guitar. I would think twice before recording with it, though. The tuning can be frustrating. By the way, the pickups are the fattest, warmest single coils I have ever heard. It is great for some stuff, but ALL of the pickups are characteristically very fat, and it has about 2 sounds: FAT at the bridge and FATTER at the neck. The middle two pickups sound just about like the neck pickup.

I have a 60's/70's sunburst guitar with 4 single coils, each with it's own bypass switch, a teisco stle trem and a bridge where the saddles can be adjusted side-to-side but not farward or backward, it's got a kind of german-carve around the edge of the front of the body. The neck is made from about 40 lengths of wood side by side, it has a string tree for all the strings and a zero fret. It also has a tone bypass switch, lots of tone combinations, but I find the bridge and neck positions most interesting. It sounds pretty good to me, although I've never owned an expensive guitar - this one cost me £5 at a car boot sale.

Is this a Heit Deluxe? there's no logo on the headstock which looks like a very vaguely drawn strat headstock.

Anyone else got this guitar? denzilleverson@hotmail.com

Chris,

I was in a pawn shop last night and saw the exact same guitar, we are talking the Heit Deluxe Semihollow body? I played it and it had some GREAT tones. I say fix it up

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2016 , All Rights Reserved.