Kasuga 1972 KF-440 Acoustic Steel

Advertisement
Posted by Alexis on Thu, 09/23/04 - 22:14:15.

I have just adopted a Kasuga 1972 KF-440 Acoustic Steel Guitar. Gorgeous! However, I'm missing a single key. Does anyone know where I can find replacement parts for her? It would be much appreciated for any help anyone could lend

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Kasuga 1972 KF-440 Flatop standard guitar

If anybody could tell me real soon its at a rummage sale &Igave them 10.00 to hold it for me could any body tell me how much it is worth It I s just like I pickup a brand new guitar condition. & I would love to get hold of it .
It has the original strings on it & could swear It is a martin even with 28 year old strings on it Robert Streuer strurfam@charter.net

Re: Kasuga 1972 KF-440 Flatop standard guitar

If anybody could tell me real soon its at a rummage sale &Igave them 10.00 to hold it for me could any body tell me how much it is worth It I s just like I pickup a brand new guitar condition. & I would love to get hold of it .
It has the original strings on it & could swear It is a martin even with with238 year old strings on it Robert Streuer strurfam@charter.net

!977KF440

IWASjust wondering about how much a 1977kf440would cost me it is in Brand new condition.
Iwas just wondering if you could tell me about how much it is worth Be fore I Buy it

kasuga gakki kf 440

i just got a 1972 kf 440 and i cant find anything either but it plays great and sounds fantastic so im keepin it and playin it till i get too old to play

Re: Kasuga 1972 KF-440 Acoustic Steel

I have the same exact guitar and I wish I could help you but im having A problem of my own and i was wondering if you could help me becouse I was woundering how much your guitar is worth.

Re: Kasuga 1972 KF-440 Acoustic Steel

: I have the same exact guitar and I wish I could help you but im having A problem of my own and i was wondering if you could help me becouse I was woundering how much your guitar is worth.
and i want to know how much a schecter is worth too.

Kasuga & Schecter

I an familiar with the Kasuga dreadnought, owned and sold it, and it is basically a precise Japanese copy of the Martin dreadnought it represents. These early 70's guitars from Japan were made extremely well and the spruce and construction make these play as sweet as what they attempted to copy for the most part. Comparably, the most analogous guitars of this era; early 70's Japan, were the so-called lawsuit guitars manufactured by Matsumoku, Japan. The lawsuit guitars were basically design rip-offs of their Gibson counterparts, and these among the acoustics were Lyle, Alvarez, Aria, Dove etc.... Many of those co.'s branched off and later made products made in Korea and later China. Kasuga was made in Japan to emmulate the quality of the Martin dreadnoughts in their acoustic line. They do most times. As far as price with normal wear and age, it seems that a very good one can get up to $300, but many pass for sale as low as $125 to $200. The Matsumoku, Kasuga, Aria, Japanese guitars are appreciating in value considerably and will get more since many are discovering these rare gems again through the wire, and there is a demand among collectors and musicians seeking quality and affordability. I have many of these original parts and I have obtained most hardware which is essentially "original"... I can also give you a good value on any Schecter as it is my electric of choice and what I play professionally. Model and condition will give you a close ballpark figure of what any Schecter model is worth, but some of the high-end custom models are hard to determine as they are more or less a niche of pro-players affinity to play a certain form, style, genre. For instance, I have 2 seven string Schecters. My first, a SGR 7-string, was purchased in almost new condition for 125 bucks. The other is a damien omen elite 7 which I purchased for almost 500 bucks. They appear quite similar and distinctively Shecter, but the small lapse in quality control, type of pick-ups, and country of origin/mfg. are quite important, as those small details matter. The Kasuga is a score and a great player comparable to the best. I'd keep that and original for a good time as it will be worth more as sweet spruce-tops go the way of high-end overpricing, and more and more factory-line assembly guitars are produced in China to retail for under $100 brand new... Go figure...

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.