Value of Harptone Guitar

Posted by Paul on Sat, 11/20/04 - 04:24:25.

Is anyone familiar with Harptone Guitars made in the USA. I have one that was purchased new in London in 1972. I would like an idea of it's current value. Model No RS 6NC
Thankyou.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Sharpton L6NC

I bought my Harptone New in 1973 from Jack Cessini's shop in Chicago. I used it both on stage and in the studio. It sounds great. Just curious of the value as I want to include it on my insurance, as I am sure it is not easily replaced.
Thanks

Re: Value of Harptone Guitar

The RS is the rare ringo star model.
you can email me if you want to know more,Steve.

artstudent13@yahoo.com

Check out pages 115 and 168 of "The History and Development of the American Guitar" (ISBN 0-933224-18-4) for historical info on Harptone guitars.

: Is anyone familiar with Harptone Guitars made in the USA. I have one that was purchased new in London in 1972. I would like an idea of it's current value. Model No RS 6NC
: Thankyou.

Harptone is uncommon enough that the market is thin. Condition is very important. Is your RS model a jumbo black finished guitar? Do you want to sell your guitar?

: : Is anyone familiar with Harptone Guitars made in the USA. I have one that was purchased new in London in 1972. I would like an idea of it's current value. Model No RS 6NC
: : Thankyou.
I am not sure Exactly what they are worth these days, I have had a TRUE harptone ACCOUSTIC Bass (B-4) for over 22 years in PRIME condition! I do not think they are in business any more and I am just curious on how many of the BASS guitars they ever made????
Good luck with your search, and take care
Lewis
:
: Harptone is uncommon enough that the market is thin. Condition is very important. Is your RS model a jumbo black finished guitar? Do you want to sell your guitar?

: : : Is anyone familiar with Harptone Guitars made in the USA. I have one I have a Dreadnaught Harptone Model E6BC flattop but arch carved back single piece no back bracing nice abalone binding rosewood neck Mother of Pearl block postion markers Nice Jazz width neck Made in NJ by Kootz I thought mine was circa 1964 It is black finish having trouble dating it , Beautiful tones rings loud due to lack of back braces wood inside is nicely figured blonde but the out side is finished black it had 2 tortise colored pickguards I have removed the top one But I still have it the pick gurads were afixed with a contact cement like adhesive.I like playing fingerpicked Ragtime or just flatpicking chords I wish I knew more about them. The case is also hardshell Harptone. I have a Harptone case that came with my 1961 Martin D28 green velvet the other is blue velvet that goes with the Harptone Guitar hope to hear from others we are a select group

: : : : Is anyone familiar with Harptone Guitars made in the USA. I have one I have a Dreadnaught Harptone Model E6BC flattop but arch carved back single piece no back bracing nice abalone binding rosewood neck Mother of Pearl block postion markers Nice Jazz width neck Made in NJ by Kootz I thought mine was circa 1964 It is black finish having trouble dating it , Beautiful tones rings loud due to lack of back braces wood inside is nicely figured blonde but the out side is finished black it had 2 tortise colored pickguards I have removed the top one But I still have it the pick gurads were afixed with a contact cement like adhesive.I like playing fingerpicked Ragtime or just flatpicking chords I wish I knew more about them. The case is also hardshell Harptone. I have a Harptone case that came with my 1961 Martin D28 green velvet the other is blue velvet that goes with the Harptone Guitar hope to hear from others we are a select group

you have a rare egale harptone rare mostley becuse of the black color. if you want to know more email me.,Steve.

artstudent13@yahoo.com

: : : : : Is anyone familiar with Harptone Guitars made in the USA. I have one I have a Dreadnaught Harptone Model E6BC flattop but arch carved back single piece no back bracing nice abalone binding rosewood neck Mother of Pearl block postion markers Nice Jazz width neck Made in NJ by Kootz I thought mine was circa 1964 It is black finish having trouble dating it , Beautiful tones rings loud due to lack of back braces wood inside is nicely figured blonde but the out side is finished black it had 2 tortise colored pickguards I have removed the top one But I still have it the pick gurads were afixed with a contact cement like adhesive.I like playing fingerpicked Ragtime or just flatpicking chords I wish I knew more about them. The case is also hardshell Harptone. I have a Harptone case that came with my 1961 Martin D28 green velvet the other is blue velvet that goes with the Harptone Guitar hope to hear from others we are a select group

I collect Harptone guitars and may be able to answer all your qestions if you would like to email me,Steve.
artstudent13@yahoo.com

: I collect Harptone guitars and may be able to answer all your qestions if you would like to email me,Steve.
: artstudent13@yahoo.com
hi steve..i,ve a harptone e-6nc...serial=2247-7..plays beautifully ..average condition...what do they fetch these days ?..thanks .george [uk ]

Got an old Harptone Bass, would like to talk to you about it.

: I collect Harptone guitars and may be able to answer all your qestions if you would like to email me,Steve.
: artstudent13@yahoo.com

: : Is anyone familiar with Harptone Guitars made in the USA. I have one that was purchased new in London in 1972. I would like an idea of it's current value. Model No RS 6NC
I am not sure Exactly what they are worth these days, I have had a TRUE harptone ACCOUSTIC Bass (B-4) for over 22 years in PRIME condition! I do not think they are in business any more and I am just curious on howmany of the BASS guitars they ever made????
Good luck with your search, and take care
Lewis
:
: Harptone is uncommon enough that the market is thin. Condition is very important. Is your RS model a jumbo black finished guitar? Do you want to sell your guitar?

: Well in reply to the original poster I am not a BLack finished that I can tell, and I do not have the numbers in it in front of me now. however some one was here this year and brought a print out from someone whom he had contacted about the Harptone and if it is a reak harptone it is worth much more that I can even quote here. But a ciouple of people that I have talked to have talked and recieved email from someone that it is worth MUCH MORE than I can even say here! Take care sir and good luck with your search!
: Lewis

: : : : Is anyone familiar with Harptone Guitars made in the USA. I have one that was purchased new in London in 1972. I would like an idea of it's current value. Model No RS 6NC
: : : : Thankyou.
: : I am not sure Exactly what they are worth these days, I have had a TRUE harptone ACCOUSTIC Bass (B-4) for over 22 years in PRIME condition! I do not think they are in business any more and I am just curious on howmany of the BASS guitars they ever made????
: : Good luck with your search, and take care
: : Lewis
: : :
: : : Harptone is uncommon enough that the market is thin. Condition is very important. Is your RS model a jumbo black finished guitar? Do you want to sell your guitar?
my grandfather owned and built harptone guitars in newark nj on south 15th street

I have a Harptone B125 12-string guitar that I am also trying to find the value of. Has some nicks and cracks in the finish, but not all the way through. It has the arched laminated back, also. Any ideas on value? Thanks.

: I have a Harptone B125 12-string guitar that I am also is this guitar black or naturel in color?Steve..

: Well in reply to the original poster I am not a BLack finished that I can tell, and I do not have the numbers in it in front of me now. however some one was here this year and brought a print out from someone whom he had contacted about the Harptone and if it is a reak harptone it is worth much more that I can even quote here. But a ciouple of people that I have talked to have talked and recieved email from someone that it is worth MUCH MORE than I can even say here! Take care sir and good luck with your search!

: : : : Is anyone familiar with Harptone Guitars made in the USA. I have one that was purchased new in London in 1972. I would like an idea of it's current value. Model No RS 6NC
: : : : Thankyou.
: : I am not sure Exactly what they are worth these days, I have had a TRUE harptone ACCOUSTIC Bass (B-4) for over 22 years in PRIME condition! I do not think they are in business any more and I am just curious on howmany of the BASS guitars they ever made????
: : Good luck with your search, and take care
: : Lewis
: : :
: : : Harptone is uncommon enough that the market is thin. Condition is very important. Is your RS model a jumbo black finished guitar? Do you want to sell your guitar?
My family was the makers of harptones in newark nj.the company name was sold and the original co is no longer in business.we never knew my grandfatherss work would be so popular

Well in reply to the original poster I am not a BLack finished that I can tell, and I do not have the numbers in it in front of me now. however some one was here this year and brought a print out from someone whom he had contacted about the Harptone and if it is a reak harptone it is worth much more that I can even quote here. But a ciouple of people that I have talked to have talked and recieved email from someone that it is worth MUCH MORE than I can even say here! Take care sir and good luck with your search!
Lewis

: : : Is anyone familiar with Harptone Guitars made in the USA. I have one that was purchased new in London in 1972. I would like an idea of it's current value. Model No RS 6NC
: : : Thankyou.
: I am not sure Exactly what they are worth these days, I have had a TRUE harptone ACCOUSTIC Bass (B-4) for over 22 years in PRIME condition! I do not think they are in business any more and I am just curious on howmany of the BASS guitars they ever made????
: Good luck with your search, and take care
: :
: : Harptone is uncommon enough that the market is thin. Condition is very important. Is your RS model a jumbo black finished guitar? Do you want to sell your guitar?

I have an L6NC - Jumbo, with solid spruce top, maple sides, and arched maple back - made in NJ. Great sounding guitar - bright wooden sound with huge hollow low end. These are very rare - I've never heard such a bright jumbo with such a clear, round bottom.

:

hi have recently bought one for £300 out of my local
paper it was a jumbo i don't know it that helps

: Is anyone familiar with Harptone Guitars made in the USA. I have one that was purchased new in London in 1972. I would like an idea of it's current value. Model No RS 6NC
: Thankyou.
No idea actually. I sold mine for $450 which was probably less than it was worth. Roughly the same vintage. I'll buy yours if its for sale.. email me if you like. I enjoyed playing it and I'm sorry I sold it..

Harptone Guitar for sale

I have a Harptone Guitar E-6N, S/N 76-0100 for sale. It is part of an estate and I must sell it in the next 7 to 10 days. It is in good condition. I can email photos. Can anyone advise me as to its worth, and is anyone interested in purchasing?
Much thanks

If this or any other harptone guitar is for sale I would possibly be interested.
Thanks

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2016 , All Rights Reserved.