Re: Eugene Howard guitars

Posted by finis on Sat, 10/04/08 - 21:26:18.

I own an electric Howard solid body guitar with wamie bar it looks early 60's - looks and sounds great. How do I find out more about it or figure a fair price for it?

: : I own a eugene howard as well... a 1918 parlor acoustic with a slotted headstock. in rough condition they bring approximatley $1000 U.S.A. They sound better than most vintage martin guitars of the same era and are in some cases more sought after. You wont touch a E.H. guitar (with Brazilian rosewood and in good condition) for under $2000 USA dollars. That is a good price for them. nobody knows the brand but when they talk to a vintage guitar guru about E.H. guitars all the guru will do is drool and compliment. tonally you wont find a martin that does the parlor thing better!!! believe me i own both from the same era. the E.h. cannot be beat! email me with questions... pics of your Eugene Howard, maker guitars. I am an E.H. freak and former Pre World War II Martin Snob.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

eugene howard guitar

greetings guitar lovers. I am considering selling my Eugene howard parlor guitar. She has the cool german silver tuners and is in good playing condition. There are some areas where it is worn but this one sounds great and is loud and stays in tune. The tuners were ahead of their time. If anyone is interested, drop me an email before I use ebay or reverb. I have the original case which is in great condition. Its one of those back type feeders with a leather handle. I just put a set of martin silk and steel strings on her and she sounds beautiful. Many parlors don't sound very good but this one does. I will send pics to any interested parties.

eugene howard guitar?

Hi this is jack hope your doing well,I have this guitar maybe you can help..Its stamped wuriltzer on the inside no serial number on the heel block brazilian back and sides spruce top ebony fingerboard and nut,mahogany neck rosewood veneer headstock looks alot like a martin 2-17.it has an a round tag tha say's rwb.rudolph wurlitzer brothers?? I dont know just guessing.I saw an old wurlitzer catolog with what was martin/wurlitzer guitars and mandolins.howards listed seperatly and a few dollars more.I'm still trying to make heads or tails of this guitar I originally thought after checking around that eugene howard might sctually be howard egene wurlitzer and this might be another guitar martin made for wurlitzer.I cant find anything about an actual builder eugene howard but your saying the guy actally exsisted please help me if you can.thankyou in advance..jack

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.