Fender Strat Wiring

Posted by Eric Langley on Tue, 09/05/00 - 21:25:06.

Hi, I have a strat style guitar (it's actually a Fender Squire 2) that came with one bridge humbucker and two single coil pickups. I recently purchased two Fender Lace sensors and one Seymour Duncan Humbucker, along with all new pots, a new jack, and a new 5-way switch. I'm wondering if you would have any wiring diagrams on how I could wire this myself, or any instructions. Please let me know if you can help.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Fender Strat Wiring

: Hi, I have a strat style guitar (it's actually a Fender Squire 2) that came with one bridge humbucker and two single coil pickups. I recently purchased two Fender Lace sensors and one Seymour Duncan Humbucker, along with all new pots, a new jack, and a new 5-way switch. I'm wondering if you would have any wiring diagrams on how I could wire this myself, or any instructions. Please let me know if you can help.

Hello, I need a Wiring diagram for one humbucker, two single coil, one volume and one tone...

Thanks you.

I have a mexican Strat. My problem is that i can not find any wiring schemes for humbucker on "the neck position".
if someone knows how to to this or can give me a clue or advice pleace give me a note, or send me a scheme or whatever.
thanks

: Hi, I have a strat style guitar (it's actually a Fender Squire 2) that came with one bridge humbucker and two single coil pickups. I recently purchased two Fender Lace sensors and one Seymour Duncan Humbucker, along with all new pots, a new jack, and a new 5-way switch. I'm wondering if you would have any wiring diagrams on how I could wire this myself, or any instructions. Please let me know if you can help.

Hello, I have also recently aquired a Squire 2. Your squire 2 sounds just like mine. I have yet to see another like mine. Mine is white (ivory-pearl) has 2-single coil pickups and a bridge humbucker. It has a a whammy bar and the the tone and volume controls are the chrome knurled telecaster type but they are in a straight line towards the butt of the guitar and the patch cord input is in the butt of the guitar. On all other strats the controls are more horizontal
and the cord input is on the face of the guitar. Is yours like this? About the wiring on replacing the gear. It should
be just a matter of stare and compare if you are replacing the same type of single coil and humbucker pick ups. I saw a
site on the web last week that delt with strat wiring. Let me know if your guitar is like mine.
Thanks, Wayne

: : Hi, I have a strat style guitar (it's actually a Fender Squire 2) that came with one bridge humbucker and two single coil pickups. I recently purchased two Fender Lace sensors and one Seymour Duncan Humbucker, along with all new pots, a new jack, and a new 5-way switch. I'm wondering if you would have any wiring diagrams on how I could wire this myself, or any instructions. Please let me know if you can help.

: Hello, I have also recently aquired a Squire 2. Your squire 2 sounds just like mine. I have yet to see another like mine. Mine is white (ivory-pearl) has 2-single coil pickups and a bridge humbucker. It has a a whammy bar and the the tone and volume controls are the chrome knurled telecaster type but they are in a straight line towards the butt of the guitar and the patch cord input is in the butt of the guitar. On all other strats the controls are more horizontal
: and the cord input is on the face of the guitar. Is yours like this? About the wiring on replacing the gear. It should
: be just a matter of stare and compare if you are replacing the same type of single coil and humbucker pick ups. I saw a
: site on the web last week that delt with strat wiring. Let me know if your guitar is like mine.
: Thanks, Wayne

3/27/02 I just found out my friend had a guitar and he sold it to me for 30 dollars. It turned out to be a Squire 2. Mine seems to be a little different than Wayne's but it has the same single-single-double pick up arrangement. They are the original pick ups and probably need to be changed. Mine is in very "vintage" condition, and just about everything could use new parts. After buying the guitar I found out a saddle was broke. I have a few questions such as where can I cheaply get new saddles for this older type of guitar. I was also wondering about sanding it down. What kind of wood is it made out of. Could you also tell me how your upgrades turned out. Last, If you know a little history about this
guitar I would very much appreciate if you could share it with me because I'm kind of curious 'cause I have never heard of anything like a Squier 2. How much do you think this guitar is worth?

Please respond, and thanks for the time,
Jeff

: : : Hi, I have a strat style guitar (it's actually a Fender Squire 2) that came with one bridge humbucker and two single coil pickups. I recently purchased two Fender Lace sensors and one Seymour Duncan Humbucker, along with all new pots, a new jack, and a new 5-way switch. I'm wondering if you would have any wiring diagrams on how I could wire this myself, or any instructions. Please let me know if you can help.

: : Hello, I have also recently aquired a Squire 2. Your squire 2 sounds just like mine. I have yet to see another like mine. Mine is white (ivory-pearl) has 2-single coil pickups and a bridge humbucker. It has a a whammy bar and the the tone and volume controls are the chrome knurled telecaster type but they are in a straight line towards the butt of the guitar and the patch cord input is in the butt of the guitar. On all other strats the controls are more horizontal
: : and the cord input is on the face of the guitar. Is yours like this? About the wiring on replacing the gear. It should
: : be just a matter of stare and compare if you are replacing the same type of single coil and humbucker pick ups. I saw a
: : site on the web last week that delt with strat wiring. Let me know if your guitar is like mine.
: : Thanks, Wayne

: 3/27/02 I just found out my friend had a guitar and he sold it to me for 30 dollars. It turned out to be a Squire 2. Mine seems to be a little different than Wayne's but it has the same single-single-double pick up arrangement. They are the original pick ups and probably need to be changed. Mine is in very "vintage" condition, and just about everything could use new parts. After buying the guitar I found out a saddle was broke. I have a few questions such as where can I cheaply get new saddles for this older type of guitar. I was also wondering about sanding it down. What kind of wood is it made out of. Could you also tell me how your upgrades turned out. Last, If you know a little history about this
: guitar I would very much appreciate if you could share it with me because I'm kind of curious 'cause I have never heard of anything like a Squier 2. How much do you think this guitar is worth?

: Please respond, and thanks for the time,
: Jeff

Hey you guys, i have a 99 Squier Strat, (Affinity Series) and have done alot of work on it, For the guy who wants to know about what type of wood is used, its usually Poplar Wood. Squiers dont usually come with Ash or Alder bodies. I have Taken out the pickups and replaced them with Lace Sensors (Gold neck, Blue Mid , and Red Bridge) but have recently removed them to put in some of my own houndwound pickups (which sound better than any pickups ive used or have heard). My strat came with 500k pots (dont know why, came with single coils not humbuckers) but have noticed that i like the brighter, fuller sound of them as opposed to 250k pots. You can find wiring schems just about anywhere on the web if you search for them. I do have one question if anyone can help, on my pickup selector, there are 8 terminals side by side, rather than the Fender style with 4 poles on each side, how do i know or where can i get a diagram to follow to rewire and know which wire goes where? thanks, later.

: : Hi, I have a strat style guitar (it's actually a Fender Squire 2) that came with one bridge humbucker and two single coil pickups. I recently purchased two Fender Lace sensors and one Seymour Duncan Humbucker, along with all new pots, a new jack, and a new 5-way switch. I'm wondering if you would have any wiring diagrams on how I could wire this myself, or any instructions. Please let me know if you can help.

: Hello, I have also recently aquired a Squire 2. Your squire 2 sounds just like mine. I have yet to see another like mine. Mine is white (ivory-pearl) has 2-single coil pickups and a bridge humbucker. It has a a whammy bar and the the tone and volume controls are the chrome knurled telecaster type but they are in a straight line towards the butt of the guitar and the patch cord input is in the butt of the guitar. On all other strats the controls are more horizontal
: and the cord input is on the face of the guitar. Is yours like this? About the wiring on replacing the gear. It should
: be just a matter of stare and compare if you are replacing the same type of single coil and humbucker pick ups. I saw a
: site on the web last week that delt with strat wiring. Let me know if your guitar is like mine.
: Thanks, Wayne

3/27/02 I just foiund oiut my friend had a guitar and he sold it to me for 30 dollars. It turned out to be a Squire 2. Mine seems to be a little different than Wayne's but it has the same single-single-double pick up arrangement. They are the original pick ups and probably need to be changed. Mine is in very "vintage" condition, and just about everything coiuld use new parts. After buying the guitar I found out a saddle was broke. I have a few questions such as where can I cheaply get new saddles for this older type of guitar. I was also wondering about sanding it down. What kind of wood is it made out of. Could you also tell me how yoiur upgrades turned out. Last, If you know a little history about this
guitar I would very much appreciate if you coiuld share it woth me because I'm kind of curious 'cause I have never heard of anything like a Squier 2.

Please respond, and thanks for the time,
Jeff

looks like we're all alike, i have a fender squire 2 with 2singles and 1 double hum. i haven't added any new parts tho, honest;y, i'm happy wit what i have, but i was wondering how much better the guitar sounds wit new pickups, cause rite now i get this wierd buzzzzzzing noise when i dont touch the strings on my guitar with high distortion on for some reason. thanx. o yeah and if u guys need calling cards <a href="http://callingcardfrenzy.tripod.com">Calling Card Frenzy</a> is the place to go
: : Hello, I have also recently aquired a Squire 2. Your squire 2 sounds just like mine. I have yet to see another like mine. Mine is white (ivory-pearl) has 2-single coil pickups and a bridge humbucker. It has a a whammy bar and the the tone and volume controls are the chrome knurled telecaster type but they are in a straight line towards the butt of the guitar and the patch cord input is in the butt of the guitar. On all other strats the controls are more horizontal
: : and the cord input is on the face of the guitar. Is yours like this? About the wiring on replacing the gear. It should
: : be just a matter of stare and compare if you are replacing the same type of single coil and humbucker pick ups. I saw a
: : site on the web last week that delt with strat wiring. Let me know if your guitar is like mine.
: : Thanks, Wayne

: 3/27/02 I just foiund oiut my friend had a guitar and he sold it to me for 30 dollars. It turned out to be a Squire 2. Mine seems to be a little different than Wayne's but it has the same single-single-double pick up arrangement. They are the original pick ups and probably need to be changed. Mine is in very "vintage" condition, and just about everything coiuld use new parts. After buying the guitar I found out a saddle was broke. I have a few questions such as where can I cheaply get new saddles for this older type of guitar. I was also wondering about sanding it down. What kind of wood is it made out of. Could you also tell me how yoiur upgrades turned out. Last, If you know a little history about this
: guitar I would very much appreciate if you coiuld share it woth me because I'm kind of curious 'cause I have never heard of anything like a Squier 2.

: Please respond, and thanks for the time,
: Jeff

The Information can be found at user.aol.com/kandyblu/private/wire.html and
www.christianmusicweb.com/Guitar_wiring.html

I hope that helps

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.