Re: G-Holiday Guitar

Advertisement
Posted by David on Wed, 10/02/02 - 22:42:12.

I believe the G-Holiday was made by Kawai. Yes, the piano company. What does yours look like? I just bought one.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

SHOCK

I GOT ONE OF THESE AND IT WAS GIVE TO ME BY MY DAD THE OTHER DAY DONT KNOW TOO MUCH ABOUT IT,I DO KNOW IT IN GREAT SHAPE AND SOUNDS GOOD!

G HOLIDAY GUITAR

I HAVE ONE THAT MY DAD GAVE ME HE SAID MY MOM BOUGHT IT FOR HIM ABOUT 1966 IN GREAT SHAPE.

hello, i to have a g holiday guitar. i want to find information out about it, but can not find anything. i wish i could find out information about it!

I just bought one too off Craigs list. If you go to Youtube and priint in search G Holiday there is a video off one but it iis too dark to relly see much. I think the tremolo is a Bixby type that rotates the tail piece rod the strings go through, against a spring (compression type). Mine is missing the handle you press. I did notice that when I press it down the tone does drop but it doesn't return to the exact pitch agan. Probably needs cleaning and lubing. Still searching for manufacturing info and country where it was made.
Paul

I just bought one at a flea market in pretty good condition. There is a lot of speculation about the manufacturer (Harmony, Kawai, Kay) but to answer your question about country of origin, I can definitely confirm Japan, as mine still has teh sticker on the back of the neck.

I have one also. My sister got it for Christmas in the 60's. I don't know much about just held on to it because I loved my big sister.

: I have one also. My sister got it for Christmas in the 60's. I don't know much about just held on to it because I loved my big sister.

I have a G-Holiday which my father purchased in 1970 from the Sears & Roebuck Catalogue. I am trying to find it's value.

Hey there,

I have this guitar to and I was wondering if there was anyone could send me a picture of how the tremolo is put together because mine's all screwed up.

ron_lechler_pdw@hotmail.com

Thanks a lot.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.