egmond gitars

Posted by Ben van Egmond on Tue, 03/20/01 - 10:25:14.
In Reply to Haworth Guitars

im looking for gitars with the name EGMOND their where build in the Netherlands from 1935 untill 1970 .
Paul Mc Cartney & George harrisson where playing with them.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: egmond guitars

I'm sorry to tell you but an egmond solidbody guitar is almost never worth more than 200 euro. If it is than it will be a guitar owned by a very famous person (Think George harrison's that is worth 500.000 pounds)or you are selling it to a very crazy collector.

Re: egmond gitars

I own an old egmond accoustic guitar with a serial number on the back near to the tuning heads of 36416645. My uncle used to play in a band in the 50's using it. should i be looking after it like a baby (is it valuable??)

: I own an old egmond violin shaped, semi-accoustic bass guitar with a serial number on the back near to the tuning heads of 19120018.

Hi Paul:
I also have one(my first 6 string)I just keep it because was the guitar I learn how to play. I was 13 and was back in 1968 a gift from my mother.
Anyway, I keep it just for that reason. I dont think that they were good guitars then and certanely not what you can call a good guitar now.I dont think that there is any value there other than the value we want them to worth. My seria# is 24010145. I am trying to restore mine and was looking on the net for parts and came across a nice web site from a man who lives in Holland and collects this brand of guitars.
www.markenhof.myweb.nl/indexe.html
You can contact him via Email.
And if your uncle has some extra parts for that guitar, I will be willing to buy it to replace on my own.
Regards
F. Moura

Egmond

I have a 6 string Egmond - arch top acoustic f-hole burst. Serial #24010142
I bought it for $5.00 with the case. It has no strings but still a very pretty guitar.

: I own an old egmond accoustic guitar with a serial number on the back near to the tuning heads of 36416645. My uncle used to play in a band in the 50's using it. should i be looking after it like a baby (is it valuable??)

is it good to own a egmond guitar is it a collectable or worth value of any kind

: I own an old egmond accoustic guitar with a serial number on the back near to the tuning heads of 36416645. My uncle used to play in a band in the 50's using it. should i be looking after it like a baby (is it valuable??)

: : I own an old egmond accoustic guitar with a serial number on the back near to the tuning heads of 36416645. My uncle used to play in a band in the 50's using it. should i be looking after it like a baby (is it valuable??)

i own an egmond guitar with the serial number 2172159 that i bought in 1968 at a pawn shop and i was wandering if anyone could tell me if it is valuable or maybe who the original owner was. Im not exactly sure what model it is either, if someone could please e-mail me with any information...thank you.

: im looking for history on the maker and model

I have a Egmond archtop acoustic that was my very first 6 string. Bought in 68.And yes, the serial # is in the back of the stock, in between the machine heads, mine is :- 24010145I keep it for obvious sentimental reasons. I came across a web site with the History of the Egmond factory and family. Very good here it it for anybody interested.
www.markenhof.myweb.nl/indexe.html
And by the way, I need to get the machine heads for mine, since I am trying to restor it. If anybody has them or even knows how can I get them...PLEASE let me know. I also will buy an old and wrecked one so I can use it for parts.
Best regards for all...and hope to ear from all of you.
F. Moura.

I have a '60s Egmond electric, kind of a fake-leather-covered Jazzmaster copy. Bought it relatively cheap about 6 years ago, and love it.

Everything I've read about these has commented on their supposed lack of quality, but I have to say mine's not bad at all. Nothing like a real Fender Jazzmaster, other than the shape, but not bad. The wiring could've been better, I guess. The vibrato tailpiece is actually probably the best of any guitar I've ever owned, actually. Despite looking like a Jazzmaster, it's actually semihollow, and sounds more Gretschy to me than anything else...

Odd tidbit: my Egmond has, pencilled in the hollow inside of the body, under the pickguard, the words "Blausmier Einen!" I don't know what "Blausmier" means, but apparently it's number one?

egmond 12

I have an Egmond 12string in good condition . It plays sweetly and stays in tune very well.

Hey,
I have an red egmond ecoustic, serial number 11094376, about 20-25 years old. Still in resonably good condition. Just wondering if anybody kew if it was worth anything?
Thanks,
eoin

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.