Re: I have a granada Les Paul

Advertisement
Posted by Blaine on Wed, 11/19/03 - 11:12:39.

I recently purchaced a Granada Les Paul, the same one I played about twenty years ago. I believe it was made late seventies, early eighties. Still no wear on the frets, natural finish, flame maple top. The action is terrific. The sound is not quite as nice as a real Les Paul, I'm sure, but this guitar is better than any current copies I've seen for sale. It has a bolt on neck, other than that, it seems no expense was spared in its production. It has full binding on neck and body. The neck plate says made in Japan. As for value, who knows? I personally feel it's worth more than the replicas hanging in the stores today. After more than twenty years, the neck is still absolutely straight. Please email me if you find any more history on these great instruments. Thanks.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

I purchased a Granada Les Paul Beige top some years ago and it was a beautiful guitar to start off with. Heavy body, Straight-as-a-preacher neck, and good metal for hardware. The pickups were garbage, the knobs were kinda cracked, and the backside corners have some playing dents. This is a very SOLID guitar. I've picked up a fair amount of guitars, and this has been THE heaviest. The lady I bought it from said her daughter got it from her uncle and didn't want to sell it, but needed the money. For $375 CDN I got this guitar and a small 15-watt marshall amp. To tell you the truth, I wasn't too pleased with the guitar from the uptake, I was more stoked about the amp with it's crunch and gain. So I put 2 sets of '59 Gold pickups, and changed the knobs from the old crackedness to some stubby translucent black knobs. I had my playing buddy over and we turned on the fender reverb tank, super distortion and it started making the best and weirdest noises that i've ever heard. I love my Granada and wouldn't sell it until I had a charity who'd get tens of thousands for it.

I too have a red wine Granada Les Paul Custom, I purchased used over 15 years ago. Mine has some fret wear, but i was recently able to clean out the dusty knobs with some contact cleaner. I've also throughout the years replaced some of the hardware, namely the tuning machines and pickup switch. I've been attached to it since it was my first guitar - but i do wonder all the time what the value of this thing is.

: I recently purchaced a Granada Les Paul, the same one I played about twenty years ago. I believe it was made late seventies, early eighties. Still no wear on the frets, natural finish, flame maple top. The action is terrific. The sound is not quite as nice as a real Les Paul, I'm sure, but this guitar is better than any current copies I've seen for sale. It has a bolt on neck, other than that, it seems no expense was spared in its production. It has full binding on neck and body. The neck plate says made in Japan. As for value, who knows? I personally feel it's worth more than the replicas hanging in the stores today. After more than twenty years, the neck is still absolutely straight. Please email me if you find any more history on these great instruments. Thanks.

I purchased A Granada (Les Paul Custom copy) in 1974 and have had it ever since. I still have the original factory inspection tag. I'd never get rid of it. The only thing I want to do is put new (better) pickups in it. Friends would always have originals and scoff at the copy but it plays every bit as nice. Something I found on the net indicated that these were manufactured in the same plant in Japan (Aria Pro 2.AT)that made Les Pauls.

: I recently purchaced a Granada Les Paul, the same one I played about twenty years ago. I believe it was made late seventies, early eighties. Still no wear on the frets, natural finish, flame maple top. The action is terrific. The sound is not quite as nice as a real Les Paul, I'm sure, but this guitar is better than any current copies I've seen for sale. It has a bolt on neck, other than that, it seems no expense was spared in its production. It has full binding on neck and body. The neck plate says made in Japan. As for value, who knows? I personally feel it's worth more than the replicas hanging in the stores today. After more than twenty years, the neck is still absolutely straight. Please email me if you find any more history on these great instruments. Thanks.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.