Need info on Bradford guitar.

Posted by Grant on Mon, 08/12/02 - 15:39:43.

Hi. I have a Bradford guitar and I know nothing about it. It is a hollow-body, says Made in Japan on the back, and actually is a decent little guitar, especially for the price I paid for it! ($10 at a yard sale.) Anyone have any info on Bradfords, such as when they were made, etc? Thanks!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Bradford Guitar Collector

If you run across one or have one currently I may have interest. This goes for the amps as well. They do have my name on them! :)

I've currently got the 4 pickup white electric and the 3 pickup hollow body. Also have an amp. Would love a 12 string hollow and green, blue and yellow in the 4 pickup model. Would look at anything though.

Thanks,

Bradford

The Bradford Guitar

"Bradford" was the house brand for all house products in the old W.T. Grant stores, a national retail chain that went out of business a long time ago. (similar to Sears) The guitar was made in Japan by Guyatone. I know because my dad was a regional manager for Grant's, and brought home one of these guitars for me and my brother around 1974-75. Wish I still had it!

Re: Need info on Bradford guitar.

I also have a Bradford......mine is electric with many switches on chrome pick guard.........was told it was of 1958 vintage.........but not sure.......refinished it to the base wood.......maple and it is GORGEOUS.........sounds great too......curious about the different switches tho.........jazz guitar?

i have recently had a bradford guitar handed down to me by my father. it needs a cleaning and some parts to put it back in new condition. in my opinion, it looks extremely well worth the time and effort. excellent vintage guitar

hi have a Bradford electric guitar not sure of the year.the color is like a turquoise green anyone who might have any info please email me.

thanks colleen

http://store.bluebookinc.com/downloads/BrowseCategory.asp?Product=electricguitar&Heading=143

BRADFORD
See chapter on House Brands.

This trademark has been identified as a House Brand of the W.T. Grant company, one of the old style Five and Dime retail stores. W. T. Grant offered the Bradford trademarked guitars during the mid 1960s. Many of the instruments have been identified as produced by Guyatone in Japan. Bradford models ranged from flattop acoustics to thinline hollowbody and solidbody electric guitars and basses, (Source: Michael Wright, Vintage Guitar Magazine ).

Hi!
I still have my Bradford. Was purchased for me in 1970 by my parents from Zellers discount dept. store. The neck is incredibly stable, about 30 ply going laterally across(count them at the back)
I sold it 30 years ago to someone for fifty dollars, and bought it back out of a music store about 15 years ago for 115 dollars for sentimental reasons.
These things play quite well but aren't great sounding.
Strange looking beasts, though. I saw the same guitar with a different headstock name in Kingston Ont. a few years ago for 450.00 CAD. In 1970 these were 69.00 CAD.

: http://store.bluebookinc.com/downloads/BrowseCategory.asp?Product=electricguitar&Heading=143

: BRADFORD
: See chapter on House Brands.
:
: This trademark has been identified as a House Brand of the W.T. Grant company, one of the old style Five and Dime retail stores. W. T. Grant offered the Bradford trademarked guitars during the mid 1960s. Many of the instruments have been identified as produced by Guyatone in Japan. Bradford models ranged from flattop acoustics to thinline hollowbody and solidbody electric guitars and basses, (Source: Michael Wright, Vintage Guitar Magazine ).
:
:

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.