Yamaha G 130 A l969?

Advertisement
Posted by Linda on Thu, 12/12/02 - 14:03:11.

Came across a Yamaha acoustic guitar serial number either 9707 or 9207 (hard to read it on the foil label). Model is 69 G 130 A.
Has a neck that's about 2-1/2" wide and 3-1/2" across. 14" wide body and 39-1/2" tall. Can anyone tell me about it? value? Supposed to be a first edition. Want to start taking guitar lessons and traded a ring for this guitar. The gal I got it from bought it new. We can't find any information on it anywhere?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Yamaha G130A

Solid spruce top, back and sides are a rare African Zebra wood the neck is koa. This is according to Worthopedia .

Re: Yamaha G 130 A l969?

I have this guitar, I believe. The back and sides
are some striped kind of wood, African looking. The fretboard is sandalwood I believe. The top may be cedar but I don't know. Don't quote me on any of those. The woods do appear to be unique for YAMAHA. The model number on my guitar is just G-130A. There is no 69 prefix. There is some stupid unreadable serial like 3202 on the top right of the label. This page might give you some insight on the age and history of your fine sounding instrument. http://www.guitarist.co.uk/print.asp?ID=6848&type=feat
Good Luck
Please respond with any new discoveries you encounter.

Yamaha  G 130 A  l969?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Yamaha G 130 A l969?

: I have this guitar, I believe. The back and sides
: are some striped kind of wood, African looking. The fretboard is sandalwood I believe. The top may be cedar but I don't know. Don't quote me on any of those. The woods do appear to be unique for YAMAHA. The model number on my guitar is just G-130A. There is no 69 prefix. There is some stupid unreadable serial like 3202 on the top right of the label. This page might give you some insight on the age and history of your fine sounding instrument. http://www.guitarist.co.uk/print.asp?ID=6848&type=feat
: Good Luck
: Please respond with any new discoveries you encounter.
I have that guitar too. The serial number is 8202 and is on the wood strip under the rosace.(i am french from québec)
The wood of back and sides is Zebrawood.Rare for a guitar. I buy that guitar in 1971 in québec.Very good instrument with superior sound.Concert guitar in think.

price of a G 130A GUITAR

Any idea what this guitar is worth????

Yamaha  G 130 A  l969?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Yamaha G 130 A l969?

I have this guitar, I believe. The back and sides

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.