Re: Value of Takamine EF-349 guitar

Advertisement
Posted by tom burton on Sat, 07/16/05 - 17:38:33.

: Hi Darrell

: I bought my Takamine EF-349 in Brisbane in 1986. I got it for about $600 brand new but the store was closing down and had all their Takamines reduced by about 20-25%. The recommended retail price for it was about $790 at the time. I've never ever ever seen another one in any guitar shops anywhere and never seen another one being played by any other musos either. I understand Paul Kelly has one, though. I have seen the twelve string version a couple of years ago in Sydney retailing at about $1800. Mine has been an absolute gem. I used it to record my debut CD last year and come September this year it will be heard across the nation on an ABC music compilation. I've used about a dozen recording studios since I've had it and every single engineer has said my Takamine EF-349 has the absolute sweetest direct line sound they've ever recorded. So that says something. It has a wonderful light tone both amplified and acoustically. 12 guage strings work best for me. I would never sell mine and I've had a lot of offers as well. I reckon second hand they would have to be worth about $600 to the uninitiated. But if you have one, that will never be a question for you. Sell your grandmother first.

: Regards

: Paul Fogarty

:
: : I have an older Takameni guitar in excellent shape that I would like to know the value of.
: : Thank You, Darrell Begley

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Value of Takamine EF-349 guitar

Value of Takamine EF-349 guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Value of Takamine EF-349 guitar

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.