Re: fannin acoustic guitar

Advertisement
Posted by Kenny on Wed, 11/15/06 - 03:54:44.

I found the following information on HarmonyCentral.com. I have no way of knowing if this is the real history of the Fannin guitar but it seems believable. I love mine.

Fannin guitars were made in Japan in the 70s and 80s. They were discovered (originally with a different name) by guitar enthusiast and businessman Larry Fannin while on a business trip to Japan. He was very impressed with them. He owned a fashion company I think named Nu Look Fashions. After suggesting a few minor changes to the original design, he bought a butt-load of them with his name on them to be sold in the US. He was unable to gain widespread distribution of them to music stores and ended the gig after about 5 years.
I found mine in a small used guitar shop in Darmstadt, Germany when I first learned to play. It's my first guitar actually. A friend of mine helped me in the selection process and he was very impressed with the sound. He had been playing for 14 years at the time and has a masters degree in classical guitar. A very talented and knowledgable guy to say the least. Well, that was 8 years ago and I still play the crap out of it and still get compliments on how great it sounds. I have installed a Martin Thinline Gold+ pick-up under the bridge and it even sounds great plugged in.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.