Re: Yamaha G-280A Classical guitar

Advertisement
Posted by Vern Zubrycki on Sat, 12/23/06 - 18:51:21.

Got mine in the early or mid-70's new and paid over $300 for it then. It must be a low-production model and fairly rare, as I have yet to see one come up on e-Bay. The Yamaha site says it was made in 1972 and states the type of wood, hardware, etc., but no present value. A Yamaha dealer might have a BLUE BOOK stating values.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

:I purchase my G 280 A in 1974 and also paid aprox. $ 345 CDN. Its main body is rosewood. I had it appraised 2 years ago by an appraiser at Tom Lee music stores in Richmond, BC and was told the value was easily 1500 to 1800 dollars.

Apparently these classical guitars were still 'hand made' at the Yamaha plant in those early days.

I got my around 1976-77 at the Navy Exchange in Subic Bay Philippines. I have been unable to find any other info.

Nothing listed on EBay.

I have just picked mine up for £100 in UK. GET IN. it sounds beautiful. It has one scratch that devalues it but im guessing its worth a lot more.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.