Re: Takamine TG-001

Advertisement
Posted by Chris Matthews on Sat, 05/02/09 - 13:07:08.

You are VERY LUCKY (assuming the kind elderly lady did not charge much for the guitar!)

That is indeed a rare vintage model that Takamine produced in very limited numbers. As a local guitar shop owner in Merced, Ca, I would easily value that guitar at upwards of $2,500 USD (and I am saying that estimate with the guitar being in okay condition) more pristine models can easily fetch $3,000 on Ebay.com and I recently saw on listed on Craigslist.org for about $1,700 (which was A STEAL)

Definitely keep the guitar as the tone it produces is phenomenal!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Takmine TG-001

Has anyone found additional information on this model? I just picked one up in very good condition for $500.00 but would like to find out more about it.

Re: Takamine TG-001

yup there good guitars. lots of tone & sound behind it.

I live in Texas and picked up my TG 001 at a pawn shop for 2,000. Worth every damn penny. easily i can compare it to my Spanish made guitars...beat'em easily.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.