Re: Karl Hauser Guitar question

Advertisement
Posted by Bob Pacheco on Fri, 04/17/09 - 19:39:18.

: : : I have a guitar that I bought in the 1960's. The label says "Karl Hauser guitars, Made in Germany" How do I determine which model it is? Thank you.

: : I cannot answer your question, but to further the mystery, I have two Karl Hauser guitars.

: : My two karl hausers guitars had a second (american I guess) label glued over the original label inside the sound hole.

: : I removed the second label and the original label had no indication of the model.

: : I have used the better of the two guitars for years and love it. It has a very balanced sound and the intonation is excellent.

: : The tuning machines are not standard on either guitar and it is difficult to find new pairs so I treat them with TLC

: : I believe that during the 60's many of these guitars were imported into America, but I only know this second hand.

: : Good hunting

: : Lou Picciuolo
: : Winthrop MA
: :

:
: I just traded for a Karl Hauser model 730 yestereday. The model is marked on the label in the left center area but this may be the english label that was mentioned above. It is a rather large label about 4" X 4" with a picture of a troubador looking character playing a guitar. I am looking everywhere for info on this guitar and can find almost nothing. The sound is excellent and the finish has checked uniformly on almost every square inch of the body. If you ever found a place that had good info, maybe you could post back where it was?

: FYI, mine is spruce top with solid rosewood sides and back with a mahogany neck.

: p.s. does yours say just Germany or West Germany? Mine says West Germany.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Karl Hauser Guitar question

:::::: I was just looking for some information on my Karl Hauser guitar which has a Serial No. 720 ( model number ?) Made in West Germany when I came across this site. It seems to be like the others mentioned here, spruce top, rosewood back and sides and I'm assuming mahogany neck. Excellent detailed inlay around sound hole. Outstanding tone. I'm wondering if these were made by the famous Hauser's of which none are named Karl, that I know of. The one I have was also bought in the 1960's for about $350 which was a good price in those days. It was well worth it. I'd like to know what they are worth today?

: : : : I have a guitar that I bought in the 1960's. The label says "Karl Hauser guitars, Made in Germany" How do I determine which model it is? Thank you.

: : : I cannot answer your question, but to further the mystery, I have two Karl Hauser guitars.

: : : My two karl hausers guitars had a second (american I guess) label glued over the original label inside the sound hole.

: : : I removed the second label and the original label had no indication of the model.

: : : I have used the better of the two guitars for years and love it. It has a very balanced sound and the intonation is excellent.

: : : The tuning machines are not standard on either guitar and it is difficult to find new pairs so I treat them with TLC

: : : I believe that during the 60's many of these guitars were imported into America, but I only know this second hand.

: : : Good hunting

: : : Lou Picciuolo
: : : Winthrop MA
: : :

: :
: : I just traded for a Karl Hauser model 730 yestereday. The model is marked on the label in the left center area but this may be the english label that was mentioned above. It is a rather large label about 4" X 4" with a picture of a troubador looking character playing a guitar. I am looking everywhere for info on this guitar and can find almost nothing. The sound is excellent and the finish has checked uniformly on almost every square inch of the body. If you ever found a place that had good info, maybe you could post back where it was?

: : FYI, mine is spruce top with solid rosewood sides and back with a mahogany neck.

: : p.s. does yours say just Germany or West Germany? Mine says West Germany.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.