Ramirez A1

Advertisement
Posted by duen on Sat, 11/21/09 - 16:59:13.

1971 Ramirez 1A "CLL" Classical Guitar Serial# 4935

- Cedar top, Brazilian back and sides

- 663 scale

- action on base E = 1.0mm at fret 1 and 4.0 mm at fret 12

- action on treb E = .7mm at fret 1 3.5mm at fret 12

This guitar was built by Carmello Llerena (CLL). CLL guitars along with MT and AM are the most rare and special Ramirez guitars ever built. Carmello Llerena is STILL the shop supervisor at Ramirez! A friend of mine has taken lessons from Christopher Parkening for years and he tells me Parkening plays a CLL.
The guitar looks very good for it's age but more importantly it feels and SOUNDS fantastic. It has the haunting base, clear trebbles and great sustain that only a Cedar top 663 with a transverse brace can create. It's my opinion (and thousands agree) the full scale Ramirez is the most beautiful of all guitars but it is also the hardest to tame. If you're not a serious and physical player, I would definetly opt for something easier to handle.

As for the condition of this guitar, it's as solid as a rock. The neck is straight. The action is where most pros like it and it does not buzz even when played hard. Some like the action a little lower and the saddle is 2.5 mm higher than the bridge. (This means if you lower the saddle 1mm it will lower the action at the 12th fret 1/2 mm.) The guitar has two perfectly repaired cracks in the top. They can't be felt and look like a slightly darker grain line. I've owned the guitar for several years and no other cracks have developed. If you keep the humidity at about 45%, this guitar will last for many more generations.

3000$

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Ramirez A1

Where is the guitar located? Is it possible to audition it?

Has the top been refinished?

Is it possible to email some photos? I'd like to see the cracks as well the whole instrument.

email: tuttdb@peakpeak.com

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.