Karl Hauser model 830 Classical Guitar

Advertisement
Posted by James Trotta on Fri, 02/08/02 - 18:55:05.

I am looking for a Karl Hauser model 830 or other
Karl Hauser model guitar. Not Herman Hauser, I
could never afford a Herman but I will pay best
price for a Karl.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Karl Hauser Classical Guitars Bubenreuth, W. Germany

I still, after 11 years since my posting, have not found a Model 830 Karl Hauser guitar. But I am impressed with all the responses and comments over the years so after many years of research, here is what I know about Karl Hauser.

I have owned many Karl Hauser guitars since 1970. A model 610 and two 730's. The Karl Hauser label was distributed by Ideal Music Merchandising, N.Y.C. about 1965 to about 1983. The label included violins, cellos. violas and a limited number of other stringed instruments including electric guitars. All of these instruments were made by Hofner of West Germany. I
am sorry to report there was never a Karl Hauser and the name was selected to start a U.S.A. market for affordable instruments with a very famous name (Hauser of the famous Hermann Hauser family. Ambitious USA salesmen started a rumor that Karl was a distant and excentric cousin of Hermann Hauser and actually used tooling from the Hermann Hauser shop. I contacted Hermann Hauser III by e-mail and he denies any relation or has any information about Karl Hauser. Here is an approximation of what Karl Hauser guitars are worth today model series and price +/- 25% ......

Series 500 - $300.00 Series 600 - $400.00 Series 700 - $500.00 Series 800.00 - $600.00

Even though the Karl Hauser myth is disgraceful, the Karl Hauser (Hofner) guitars are exceptional, rare instuments. In 1979, I recorded "Classics for Classical Guitar" with a Karl Hauser model 730 which I purchased in 1970 and still own. The tone is
sweet and the bases are piano like. The guitar is 650 mm X 52 mm. Solid rosewwood back and sides, Engleman spruce top and African black ebony finger board. The rosette is real wood matrix and is outstanding. From Bach to Albeniz the Karl Hauser 730 was equally at home. I have some very expensive, concert grade guitars including a real Hermann Hauser II. Blind folded I would have great difficulty telling the two apart. The Karl Hauser is an exceptional guitar from a luthier who never existed. Myths are designed not to be outdone.

For Sale: Karl Hauser Model: 500

I've got a Karl Hauser Model: 500 for sale. Pretty good shape.

If interested, email oldbeaser (AT) shaw (DOT) ca

Karl Hauser guitar for sale

Karl Hauser guitar for sale

This popular thread has been given its own page : Karl Hauser guitar for sale

Re: Karl Hauser model 830 Classical Guitar

As you know, Hermann Hauser family and descendant are very famous for all of their guitar models. You can not compare Karl Hauser with H. Hauser .
Eventhought Karl Classical guitar models were sound as best as H. Hauser, but Karl Hauser could not make his name compares with prestige Hermann Hauser. They shared the same sound board design, bracing technique, Fret board design, same woods, same materials, but Karl guitar are worth only 1/10 of Hermann. People tends to pay 20,000 for H. Hauser, but may be 2000 for Karl Karl, however, were well known for exporting electric guitar, Bass guitar, violin, viola and other strings.

Wanted: Karl Hauser Classical Guitar

I am looking for any Karl Hauser models 500 to 800 series
I will pay best price for a Karl.

Karl Hauser guitar

Hello,

I have a Karl Hauser Classical over 40 years old. There is a white sticker tag (about 1"x1/2") that I can see through the sound hole, with a hand written number 620. Is that a quantity number or a series number? This guitar is in excellent condition. If you have some information
you wish to share, please email me.

Howard

Herman Hauser Guitars range from 2000~ 12000 USD, depending on Hauser 1,2 or 3 and type of wood was used for the Back/Side.
Karh Hauser, depending on model, type of woods for top/back/side, if it mint condition it is worth from 700~3500$

Karl Hauser was cousin of the last Herman Hauser. His famous designs were Violin/Viola. There was time he exported a vast electric guitars with Hofner around the World. For Classical guitar, all his models were based on Hauser's design

:

I DON'T KNOW IF YOU REMEMBER ME,BUT WE PLAYED IN A WORKSHOP IN 1988,HOW ARE YOU,NO I DON'T HAVE ANY KARL HAUSER,AND I HOPE YOU FOUND IT BY NOW.
SEND AN E.MAIL.
GIOVANNI FOCACCIA

: I am looking for a Karl Hauser model 830 or other
: Karl Hauser model guitar. Not Herman Hauser, I
: could never afford a Herman but I will pay best
: price for a Karl.

I am curious about the value of such a guitar. I actually have owned a Karl Hauser guitar since it wss given to me in 1970. It is in excellent condition - I am not much of a musician and it has been used relatively regularly but not heavily. I am planning on giving it to my daughter (who is a musician) and wonder what I am giving her.
Candace

I also found a Karl Hauser at a tag sale. It is a 730. I actually play it and it sounds great - but I have no idea if it has a value. I actually wouldnt part with it, but would like to find out if it is worth anything. I paid virtually nothing for it.

The 730 Model, does the back and side are Indian Rose wood ? If it is good condition, I am willing paying 700 euro

Thanks

I owned a Karl Hauser in the 1970s. It was a nice playing, nice sounding guitar. I am not sure, but I believe I heard someone claim that he was related to the Hermann hauser family. In spite of this, his guitars are not worth a whole lot. They are fairly wellmade, but are not considered investment quality instruments

I bought a Karl Hauser at a yard sale and the tag in side has a number 610 in side the round hole with a tag that says Karl hauser guitars made in germany
I have know idea what it is as I dont play at all but it came in a nice hard case and a friend ask me to keep a eye open for hard cases and he never heard of the type it is so i'm in the dark if I have something or not
but would love to hear from you as what i might have?? I'm not looking to make a killing on it but to see it play music witch i injoy but not blessed to make if you know what i mean !! any word would be helpfull thanks Marv

How is the condition of the guitar ? Could you tell more about the sound, fret, woods for side and back ? I believe the top would be Spruce top.
How much will you ask ? Thanks

: I bought a Karl Hauser at a yard sale and the tag in side has a number 610 in side the round hole with a tag that says Karl hauser guitars made in germany
: I have know idea what it is as I dont play at all but it came in a nice hard case and a friend ask me to keep a eye open for hard cases and he never heard of the type it is so i'm in the dark if I have something or not
: but would love to hear from you as what i might have?? I'm not looking to make a killing on it but to see it play music witch i injoy but not blessed to make if you know what i mean !! any word would be helpfull thanks Marv

Did you find a Karl Hauser Guitar? I have a Karl Hauser Classical Guitar that I bought many years ago. I am not sure of the model number? Can you give me some details?

TMB

: How is the condition of the guitar ? Could you tell more about the sound, fret, woods for side and back ? I believe the top would be Spruce top.
: How much will you ask ? Thanks

: : I bought a Karl Hauser at a yard sale and the tag in side has a number 610 in side the round hole with a tag that says Karl hauser guitars made in germany
: : I have know idea what it is as I dont play at all but it came in a nice hard case and a friend ask me to keep a eye open for hard cases and he never heard of the type it is so i'm in the dark if I have something or not
: : but would love to hear from you as what i might have?? I'm not looking to make a killing on it but to see it play music witch i injoy but not blessed to make if you know what i mean !! any word would be helpfull thanks Marv

I have the same guitar but have yet to find any information on Karl Hauser guitars. Just viollas and violins and may be a cousin of Herman Hauser, the famous guitar maker. I would love to get any information on my guitar. Especially the value. Dillon

I have a mint conddition Kark Hauser model 610. Beautiful Tiger Rib back/side. Top is Euglemen Spruce
Asking: 2800

: I have a mint conddition Kark Hauser model 610. Beautiful Tiger Rib back/side. Top is Euglemen Spruce
: Asking: 2800

How it is sound ? Any death fret ? Is it good sustain ? Is it 640mm/52mm or the one with 650mm/54mm ?
Thanks

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.