egmond acoustic guitar

Posted by Sean on Tue, 04/30/02 - 12:00:55.
In Reply to European Musician

Hi...I own a beautiful Egmond acoustic guitar, it is a very deep red to black sunburst with a brown tortoise-shell type pickguard and is in fairly good condition for its age. I picked it up a few years ago in a junk shop for ir£6 (about 10 euro) . The neck was severly twisted due to neglect and the fact it was lying underneath a speaker cab for a long time. Over the last few years i have managed to carefully straighten it out again using steam and judicious tightening of the truss rod and now have an absolutely beautiful guitar to play . It is much heavier and more solid than a modern acoustic and this really does show through in the quality of tone-perfect for blues and slide playing . I would be very interested in more info about this guitar, i.e. when was it made ? Is it worth anything (not that i'd ever sell ) etc etc. Any info would be gratefully appreciated.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

egmond acoustic guitar

Hi i also found a edmond guitar in my basement the model number on the neck is 23930250 it is in pretty bad shape and i would like to fix it up and learn more about it so if anyone knows anything about it i would love to hear about it.

Re: egmond acoustic guitar

: Hi...I own a beautiful Egmond 12 STRING acoustic guitar, it is a very deep red to black sunburst with a brown tortoise-shell type pickguard and is in fairly good condition for its age. It is much heavier and more solid than a modern acoustic . I would be very interested in more info about this guitar, i.e. when was it made ? Is it worth anything (DOES ANY ONE WANT TO BUY IT OF ME FOR £500 ). Any info would be gratefully appreciated.

Re: egmond 12 STRING acoustic guitar

: : Hi...I own a beautiful Egmond 12 STRING acoustic guitar, it is a very deep red to black sunburst with a brown tortoise-shell type pickguard and is in fairly good condition for its age. It is much heavier and more solid than a modern acoustic . I would be very interested in more info about this guitar, i.e. when was it made ? Is it worth anything (DOES ANY ONE WANT TO BUY IT OF ME FOR £500 ). Any info would be gratefully appreciated.

i think i got the same guitar and i am trying to figure out a value and more about the company as well.

: : Hi...I own a beautiful Egmond 12 STRING acoustic guitar, it is a very deep red to black sunburst with a brown tortoise-shell type pickguard and is in fairly good condition for its age. It is much heavier and more solid than a modern acoustic . I would be very interested in more info about this guitar, i.e. when was it made ? Is it worth anything (DOES ANY ONE WANT TO BUY IT OF ME FOR £500 ). Any info would be gratefully appreciated.

: : : Hi...I own a beautiful Egmond 12 STRING acoustic guitar, it is a very deep red to black sunburst with a brown tortoise-shell type pickguard and is in fairly good condition for its age. It is much heavier and more solid than a modern acoustic . I would be very interested in more info about this guitar, i.e. when was it made ? Is it worth anything (DOES ANY ONE WANT TO BUY IT OF ME FOR £500 ). Any info would be gratefully appreciated.

: : : : Hi...I own a beautiful Egmond 12 STRING acoustic guitar, it is a very deep red to black sunburst with a brown tortoise-shell type pickguard and is in fairly good condition for its age. It is much heavier and more solid than a modern acoustic . I would be very interested in more info about this guitar, i.e. when was it made ? Is it worth anything (DOES ANY ONE WANT TO BUY IT OF ME FOR £500 ). Any info would be gratefully appreciated.

Egmond 12 string

Hello Heather . I know is ten years after but i would like to know if you still have the Egmond 12 string . Im in the western Cape

Hello, I'm probably going to

Hello,

I'm probably going to buy one from a local shop here in Holland, and according to the website of Egmond,
you can find out what period the guitar is from looking at the head and the sticker inside. If it has an iron or plastic logo on the headstock, held in place with 2 tiny screws, it's late 50s, early 60s.
And I guess you guys convinced me in buying one by telling about a lovely tone and great playability!

Thanks,

Lars

Egmond 12 string acoustic

Hi there, i have an Egmond 12 string acoustic with a seriel number on the back. Ive had it for ten years. from my knowledge it was made in 1964, as ive done research on the model etc. Can anyone tell me how much it would be worth? its in good condition, but just needs new strings?

egmond 12 string restoration

Hi, i have a very unusual egmond freres 12 string accoustic which im about to restore, this model has a tailpeice and adjustable bridge! which are unfortunately missing when i bought it, the other thing i noticed is the neck is easy to remove and relace, theres even an adjustment for neck angle. if anyone out there can help with the missing tail peice or any info what so ever id be very gratefull, as for the age of it im clueless but judgeing by the frosted cracks in the laquer possibly an early one, i have my work cut out here and cant wait to hear this thing play one day. i have never seen a 12 string with tailpeice before , have you?

I also have this 12 string guitar. its a little taty and has been sitting under my bed for a while. iv recently become skint and had taken it to my local where the barman offered me £100.00 strait off the bat. should i except? it plays loverly aswell!!

i too own a egmond 12 string.it was made in 1964 and plays fantastic. the neck is a jazz type size joining the body of guitar at the 12th fret.its in a natural finish with black headstock.ive never seen another as the last egmond guitars were made 1972.some electric egmonds were cheap and nasty guitars but this acoustic 12 is the best ive ever played.....

Re: egmond guitarsi nfo

egmond guitars were made in holland in a town called best until 72. unlike most guitars there seems to be no record of serial manufacture dates etc...they became very popular in the mid 60s and were mccartney/harrisons first guitars in the beatles.cheap and affordable 1000s flooded the guitar market in uk but very few survive.v hard to value but rarity alone is important factor... if you got one hang on too it.

Re: egmond guitarsi nfo

: egmond guitars were made in holland in a town called best until 72. unlike most guitars there seems to be no record of serial manufacture dates etc...they became very popular in the mid 60s and were mccartney/harrisons first guitars in the beatles.cheap and affordable 1000s flooded the guitar market in uk but very few survive.v hard to value but rarity alone is important factor... if you got one hang on too it.

I bought an Egmond Acoustic guitar from a car boot in Tiverton Devon for £1, last sunday. Candy sunburst to black, f holes and fingerpick plate. In good condition but unloved. A litle TLC and she is reponding well, a really ggod tone. I still need to adjust the truss brace to refine the action.

Re: egmond guitars

Hi There,
I have an origal Egmond 12 string that has a serial number. And would like more info on it. Can you assist me with that.
Thanks
Heather Mansfield (South Africa)

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.