Re: Burnside Blade by Guild

Advertisement
Posted by Dave P on Fri, 08/29/03 - 21:10:52.

I have a Blade, mine has a black finish with red swirl thingy design. I also have the soft case that came with it.
I bought it brand new in either 86 or 87.
I haven't found anyone else that I've ever spoken with who has heard of this guitar.

Mine does have a serial number btw.
I hope to find some info someday.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

I have a Blade as well. I got in the mid eighties and also know little about it. I have an inquiry into to Fender about it and will pass along any info that I receive. I am looking for wiring diagrams and a parts list.

: I have a Blade, mine has a black finish with red swirl thingy design. I also have the soft case that came with it.
: I bought it brand new in either 86 or 87.
: I haven't found anyone else that I've ever spoken with who has heard of this guitar.

: Mine does have a serial number btw.
: I hope to find some info someday.

: I have a Blade as well. I got in the mid eighties and also know little about it. I have an inquiry into to Fender about it and will pass along any info that I receive. I am looking for wiring diagrams and a parts list.

: : I have a Blade, mine has a black finish with red swirl thingy design. I also have the soft case that came with it.
: : I bought it brand new in either 86 or 87.
: : I haven't found anyone else that I've ever spoken with who has heard of this guitar.

: : Mine does have a serial number btw.
: : I hope to find some info someday.

I have a Burnside Blade, bought new circa '86, black. Burnside had a few wilder-looking solidbody guitars too, they're basically cheap Guilds. The finish isn't pretty up close, but the playing and action are very good. My pots are frozen and I'm going to rewire it this weekend; I disabled the tremolo by replacing the springs with metal bars (I'm not much on whammy, it's just not my thing; maybe I'd feel differently if I used a more expensive trem that stays in tune). I painted the planet Earth on the front of the guit, it looks damn good; it also has a GK2A Roland synth pickup. I bet I've written fifty songs on that thing. Good guitar. Probably be playing it twenty years from now.

: : I have a Blade as well. i just bought yesterday at my local guitar center, i also would like info about it, im thinkiing of customizing it with a new tremblo system since this one is pretty cheap and some new pick ups and humbucker,oh and mines doesnt have a serial number, that or it was just repainted but yeah id really appriciate a lil info bout the guitar, thanks

I just replaced the pots. It appears to have worked perfectly, which is cool because I don't solder much. The Blade takes two identical 500k ohm pots because it has humbucker pickups (the store dude told me this). Humbuckers almost always take 500k pots. There's a capacitor on the tone pot. I don't know the type, I just used the old one (d'oh! I should have written down what it says on the capacitor!) Not much else to know, if you're putting the wires exactly where the old ones were; if doing it from scratch, I suppose I could post a drawing of what I did.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.