Appraising a Guild F512

Posted by Tony on Sat, 05/26/01 - 10:00:18.

I have a Guild F512 that I need to find a value for. I bought the guitar in 1970, and had it totally rebuilt at Guild in 1971. The Serial # is OC211 and the man that built it originally rebuilt it for me. It was built in 1968. The guitar is in 100% like new condition. I have only played it infrequently over the years, but it is beautiful Rosewood with intricate neck inlay's. I am thinking of selling it and replacing it with something that I can play more frequently. I also play a 30 year old Martin D-41, and a 57 Fender Strat. I could use some help figuring out just what this guitar is worth. If you E-Mail me with any information, I would appreciate it. aarduino@home.com
Tony

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Appraising a Guild F512

: I have a Guild F512 that I need to find a value for. I bought the guitar in 1970, and had it totally rebuilt at Guild in 1971. The Serial # is OC211 and the man that built it originally rebuilt it for me. It was built in 1968. The guitar is in 100% like new condition. I have only played it infrequently over the years, but it is beautiful Rosewood with intricate neck inlay's. I am thinking of selling it and replacing it with something that I can play more frequently. I also play a 30 year old Martin D-41, and a 57 Fender Strat. I could use some help figuring out just what this guitar is worth. If you E-Mail me with any information, I would appreciate it. aarduino@home.com
: Tony

I'm interested in buying...let me know how much youre going to sell for.
thanks
John
hail2x@hotmail.com

Re: Appraising a Guild F512

Tony,
My 1977 F512 in good shape (some old, stable top cracks, some wear on fretboard) was trade-in valued at $1250 last month.
You should check the Guitar Blue Book, your library probably has one.
Dave

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.