Re: Burnside Crossbow guitar by Guild

Posted by Jason on Wed, 03/24/04 - 15:07:45.

Hey all, I Have a Black Burnside Crossbow Bass ..........here is some information I received from a Shop near my home town that deals exclusively in Guild Instruments. The Burnside Crossbow Bass were all Prototypes. There was only 36 ever made, in 6 different colors, Black, Red, Blue, White, and 2 other colors they are not completely sure of, possibly a silver color and a Green metallic color. The phone was originally made in 1984 and put out for sale in 1985. and the story was that Guild was trying a new technique to shape the wood used on the bass to change the sound quality, the technique worked but was very very expensive, from what is known there was 12-15 Crossbows sold and the rest vanished, possibly destroyed or kept by Guild Employees. hope this help...

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

i had to change my e mail here is my new e mail if any one is in

willing to cut price down if offer sounds good my e mail is the way to contact me thank you all

sell bass

i have one of the 15 burnside crossbow bass guitars they are rare which makes them priceless im asking 3500 dollars firm if intrested e mail me

You mention: here is some information I received from a Shop near my home town that deals exclusively in Guild Instruments.

Do you have the name address and phone # of the shop?

I need the fulcrum posts under the bridge.

Thanks for any help

: Hey all, I Have a Black Burnside Crossbow Bass ..........here is some information I received from a Shop near my home town that deals exclusively in Guild Instruments. The Burnside Crossbow Bass were all Prototypes. There was only 36 ever made, in 6 different colors, Black, Red, Blue, White, and 2 other colors they are not completely sure of, possibly a silver color and a Green metallic color. The phone was originally made in 1984 and put out for sale in 1985. and the story was that Guild was trying a new technique to shape the wood used on the bass to change the sound quality, the technique worked but was very very expensive, from what is known there was 12-15 Crossbows sold and the rest vanished, possibly destroyed or kept by Guild Employees. hope this help...

The only time i have seen one (guitar)was in local music store (daddys junky music) monthly flyer. I fell big time for the shape. they were asking $189 usd for it, it went quick. I'd be willing to spend a bit more.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.