Guild DV-72 NT

Posted by Mike England on Sat, 07/14/01 - 16:49:41.

I am looking for anyone who owns or has additional info/history on a DV-72 NT. I have owned one now for about a year and would not trade the guitar for any amount of money...well....maybe a million or two! But would like to share facts or find about more about this "hard to come by" guitar.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Guild Acoustic Guitar (DV72-NT HG)

I have one of these for sale. this Guild DV72 features an AAAA feathered spruce top, G Shield logo, turquoise inlays, Grover Imperial tuners, and Herringbone binding, Onboard electronic pick-up. This one is spotless with no nicks and scratches and a low serial number (CK000023).

Guild DV72

Still available? Thanks

Guild DV-72 NT

I had been looking for one since about 2000 when i saw one owned by a friend in Harrisburg, PA. and soon after, coincidentally, another friend who acquired one for a rediculously low price in the Philadelphia area. I was attracted by the beauty but even more by the sound, which is unusually voluminous and resonant for such a heavy guitar (typically Guild). I finally found one at a guitar show in Bucks County, Pa which was in the possession of a Nashville dealer. We agreed on $2000, which I considered to be a very good price. A Martin or Gibson of this quality, beauty and rarity would have been twice the price. This is probably the best guitar Guild has ever produced!

I bought mine in the early

I bought mine in the early 80's. Was told the only built one turquoise and one rose correl for each state that year. Never see another one since.

dv 72

I purchased my Guild DV 72 NT Pueblo new in '94, the year 200 of them were made, according to the Guild rep I spoke to at the time. It's still a mainstay tool in my studio to this day, and has always been a focal point of many other guitar players who have recorded here over the years. As for the question Paul Ducker posted, I believe what he has is a Guild DV 73, made the following year. It is basically the same guitar as the DV 72 ( I played one ), but has more cosmetic inlay work of red coral and black onyx. Again, a very rare & collectible piece; I believe only 200 were ever made.

Guild DV72

This is NOT a DV73. The label clearly says DV72 and there is no black onyx anywhere on this guitar.

Guild DV72

My DV72 (as it reads on the label) has no black onyx, only red coral inlay. The complete model number reads "DV72 NTCL". The serial number is AD720137, which from what I have learned it was #137 of the 200 made. I would like to know if anyone knows of another with red coral inlay. I've consulted George Gruhn and others who have never heard of another. I've was told there may be one in Canada as of several months ago, but I can't confirm that. I picked mine up in a pawn shop in Branson MO.

Guild DV 72

I have a DV 72 with red coral inlays and gold tuners. I've not seen another one like it. All I've seen is the turquoise inlay. Is the red coral even more rare? It is 137 of 200. I wouldn't part with it,
but I would like to have some idea of it's worth (compared to the turquoise models).

Re: Guild DV-72 NT

I just bought one at a vintage guitar show for $1,000.00, near mint but has one small light indentation not through the finish on the back. What is it worth? Without having very many to sell I would say it is worth what someone is willing to pay. I've seen all the rteplies to this question and it seems nobody has an answer. Got this for $1,000.00 feel like I got a super bargain. Make me offers and then we'll know. It will be for sale. I have a store,

guild dv 72 nt

Did you sell your DV 72nt, if so do you have a name of the person you sold it to,that ai may ask them if they are interested in selling,thanks

HEllo, Are you still interested in selling it?

Thanks

: I am looking for anyone who owns or has additional info/history on a <B style="color:black;background-color:#A0FFFF">DV</b>-<B style="color:black;background-color:#99ff99">72</b> NT. I have owned one now for about a year and would not trade the guitar for any amount of money...well....maybe a million or two! But would like to share facts or find about more about this "hard to come by" guitar.

There is one for sale on ebay right now.

I have researched the DV-72 until I am blue in the face. Very hard to find credible info on it. From what I have learned the DV stands for Dreadnought Vintage, the HG for high gloss, the NT for natural top, and the serial # in your guitar should indicate which # of the limited 200 you own. I bought the one on Ebay.

: I am looking for anyone who owns or has additional info/history on a DV-72 NT. I have owned one now for about a year and would not trade the guitar for any amount of money...well....maybe a million or two! But would like to share facts or find about more about this "hard to come by" guitar.

You probably have a Guild DV-52 NT. Does it have Rosewood sides and back with a vintage color (darker than the normal whiteish color) spruce top? You may be misreading the 5 as a 7 or the person who wrote on the label made a mistake.

: : I am looking for anyone who owns or has additional info/history on a DV-72 NT. I have owned one now for about a year and would not trade the guitar for any amount of money...well....maybe a million or two! But would like to share facts or find about more about this "hard to come by" guitar.

: You probably have a Guild DV-52 NT. Does it have Rosewood sides and back with a vintage color (darker than the normal whiteish color) spruce top? You may be misreading the 5 as a 7 or the person who wrote on the label made a mistake.

Owner of another JV72-NT-HG

I own number 21 of the 23 love the Guitar she's Loud and Beautiful.

Guild JV72-NT-HG

I own number 0021 of the Guild JV72-NT HG guitars she's a lovely Guitar and a cannon loud and proud. Does anyone know it's value?

Guild JV-72

I own a 1994 Guild JV-
72. It is the 14th of 28 that Guild built. I'm looking to talk to other JV-72 owners.

Guild JV-72

I think you will find that your Guild JV-72 is one of only 23 made! Guild produced 19 of those in 94 and another 4 in 95.

I own the less fancy looking JV-52, of which Guild did make only 28 (mine is number 20) all of which were produced in 94.

I have been trying to contact JV owners since I purchased mine late last year. It would be nice to get a list of owners together.

Steve.

DV72 Owners ...if you have one...Join my Page please

https://www.facebook.com/pages/1994-Guild-DV72-Owners-Page/223625914512638?ref=stream

Guild DV-72 Owner

I am the proud owner of #158. I too have been looking for one of these rare beasts for quite some time. Just by chance, one popped up on Reveb (music gear site) and grabbed it up. Though I may have overpaid for it, just had to have it. It needs to be setup and a good cleaning/ polishing, but it's sound is amazing. The guy I purchased from said appeared to have been played very little and included the original case key and receipt, he was spot on. The original Guild case is worn and looks to have been stored away for a long time. All in all, I'm quite happy to finally own one and is the star of my collection.

JV72 Guild For Sale

Justed posted:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281230078164?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Guild JV-72

I have a JV-72 as well. I have owned several guitars over the years, including a Matin D-35, A Gibson SJ-45 and a Guild D-55. They were all great sounding guitars, but the JV-72 is in a class all by itself.

No mistake.........The DV-72 NT w/Turquoise inlays was limited edition of 200 in the 90s. It was a cross between a D-55 and D-100 with Turquoise and the antique finish top.

Actually there is a DV-72 NT. I have one, too. Beautiful sounding instrument.

No kidding!!! I have a JV-72 NT - the jumbo version - same turquoise inlays...sounds like a steinway.....once upon a time, I saw a DV (D for dreadnaught and J for jumbo) 72 on ebay with malachite inlays....ooohh-la-la - I'd pounce on it if I ever saw it again - limited production, for sure - I heard they came in pairs, the D and the J - but what was the thinking??? damn fine guitars!

Guild JV72

Would you be interested in selling your JV-72? let me know if you would be interested.

JV 72 for sale

Just posted this on ebay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281230078164?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I have a beautiful Guild DV-52-NT acoustic guitar for sale. About a mid to late 1980's model. (glossy finish). I had a pick up professionally instaled. Hard shell case included. Unit looks new! Make me an offer if interested.

Huey

Hello! I have a Guild DV 72-NT HG (don't know what the HG part is). Anyway, it is a limited edition (1 of 200) with tuquoise and mother-of-pearl inlay and a great turquoise logo on the head. I agree that it sounds wonderful.

I've just bought a DV-72 from the states online and have shipped it here to my home in Queensland, on the east coast of Australia. What a beautiful guitar! I had it set up here and put an LR Baggs LB6 pickup in it going straight to a strap jack. From there I use an LR Baggs Para acoustic DI preamp. A magical and fairly warm sound. Will keep you informed on how the guild takes the Australian climate, as well as my gigging 3 times a week.

:The dv 72 is also known as the Pueblo limited edition. very nice guitar. very few were made of this this model . The all curly Koa wood Peacock is another highly prized Limited edition guild but that will cost you quite a bit more than the pueblo - Willcuttguitars.com has one now for $5,000 which is more than I paid for mine in 96 but its sooooo sweeet.

: I am looking for anyone who owns or has additional info/history on a DV-72 NT. I have owned one now for about a year and would not trade the guitar for any amount of money...well....maybe a million or two! But would like to share facts or find about more about this "hard to come by" guitar.

I recently purchased a DV-72 and I'm also looking for any additional information on the model, have you had any luck?

I do own a 1994 model Guild DV-72 Nt Hg. The model was a limited run of 200 guitars back in 1994-95. They are a cross between a D-100 and D-55. With the D-55 fret markers and the D-100 headstock. The difference is in the turquoise inlay which is unique among Guild acoustics. The NT stands for natural top and the HG stands for high gloss. The last 3 numbers of your serial should indicate which one of the limited 200 you own.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.