Guild Burnside Crossbow Bass

Posted by Aaron on Thu, 12/16/04 - 19:31:50.

I bought this guild crossbow burnside bass about 10 or 12 years ago. I came across this site today and am looking for some history. I read one saying they only made a about 30 of these. I would say its got one of the best sounds I've heard. Very distinct. I havn't played it for years and am probly negelcting it so it will probly go up for sale at some point. Any information as to its history and pricing would be great. Its color is white with black tips.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

burnside crossbow bass

I have a burnside crossbow bass that I got at a pawn shop is in grest shape its missing one tuneing knob anyone know where I can get one and what is this bass worth xistence
to a collector being that only 30 where made and ive only herd of two so far in e

Re: Guild Burnside Crossbow Bass

Sorry, new to the forum, not familiar with the format. I have a Crossbow six-string which I bought around 1989-90. The pivot posts under the bridge need to be replaced. Does anyone know where to get them? A Bill Lawrence pickup sounds real nice in the neck position of a two humbucker pick-up configuration.

: Sorry, new to the forum, not familiar with the format. I have a Crossbow six-string which I bought around 1989-90. The pivot posts under the bridge need to be replaced. Does anyone know where to get them? A Bill Lawrence pickup sounds real nice in the neck position of a two humbucker pick-up configuration.

Hi, I'm assuming the posts are bent toward the bridge. It’s common with the R-trem bridge. You’ve got three options. Get a new bridge bottom plate, from where I don’t know. Get a new bridge for about $90 at musicyo.com, they’ve got Steinberger bridge parts.
Or you can do what I did. I had my guitar tech replace the original posts by driving in posts from a Floyd Rose bridge into the guitar body. This made a better connect between strings and body and improved the tone. I think thet’re great looking and sounding guitars I’ve picked up two over last year. Good luck.

: I bought this guild crossbow burnside bass about 10 or 12 years ago. I came across this site today and am looking for some history. I read one saying they only made a about 30 of these. I would say its got one of the best sounds I've heard. Very distinct. I havn't played it for years and am probly negelcting it so it will probly go up for sale at some point. Any information as to its history and pricing would be great. Its color is white with black tips.

The bass is Korean made guild. the rumor is that there were all protoypes and few were sold. It's the companion to the crossbow guitar of which I have two, and a bass. they're a unique steinberger knockoff from 87? but decent for the price. A guitar crossbow just went for $300 on ebay. The stienberger snobs look down on them but for the price it's great sounding and sharp looking bass.

Let me know what you're asking when you decide

: : I bought this guild crossbow burnside bass about 10 or 12 years ago. I came across this site today and am looking for some history. I read one saying they only made a about 30 of these. I would say its got one of the best sounds I've heard. Very distinct. I havn't played it for years and am probly negelcting it so it will probly go up for sale at some point. Any information as to its history and pricing would be great. Its color is white with black tips.

: The bass is Korean made guild. the rumor is that there were all protoypes and few were sold. It's the companion to the crossbow guitar of which I have two, and a bass. they're a unique steinberger knockoff from 87? but decent for the price. A guitar crossbow just went for $300 on ebay. The stienberger snobs look down on them but for the price it's great sounding and sharp looking bass.

: Let me know what you're asking when you decide

I bought a red bass in 1985 and played it throughout the 1990s in various rock bands. Does Guild have any official info on these anywhere?

Well as much as I hate to do it, the bass will be going up for auction on ebay in the next couple of days. I'm just not playing it. Also going up will be a fantasticly loud Vintage Peavey Super Festival Series F-800B amp head. These two together woudl knock walls down. for those of you interested in the Guild Burnside Crossbow Bass look for it on ebay in the next couple of days and if you don't ebay then send me an email freenova@hotmail.com.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.