1980s model guild burnside - the lance

Posted by David on Mon, 02/19/07 - 00:30:52.

I’m looking for any information that I can find regarding the replacement of the tremolo springs for my “Burnside – The Lance by Guild” electric guitar. I can send pictures if needed.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

The Lance.

I just inherited a HUGE collection of guitars and unfortunately I don't play. They belonged to my late brother. I have the whole "Arsonal" edition of Guild Burnsides. Some I have are still new in the case. I have a, The Lance, ( RR copy) a Cutlass,(strat copy) A Crossroads, (tele copy) & a bunch of other's. Some I even have 2 of. (Different colors). If anyone is interested, email me at, 64oldsf85man@gmail.com
Or call Bo at 541-944-2853
Thank you.Bo. T.

Re: 1980s model guild burnside - the lance

Sorry if this is late or you have your answer already, but the stock Tremolo on a "The Lance" is called an Accutune. They came on several 80's Japanese guitars such as Aria Pro, Cort, and the Dean Hollywood Z

well i dont know if anyones gonna read this, put me down for any info, i have the guild burnside BASS "the lance" and its a pretty sick bass first time id seen a flying V bass

David, I had one of these guitars back in 1987 and could kick myself for selling it...If memory serves me right the Kohler parts should fit. My buddy had a Ibanez "Rocket Roll" Flying V that had the Kohler and we compared them...Couldn't find a difference. Hope it helps. Let me know if you want to sell it!!

Stephen, I've ordered the high tension springs from Kahler. Thank you for the suggestion. I just finished replacing the factory electronics - Seymore Duncan pickups and new pots and bridge switch. Was my first try at such a project but I'm very pleased with the results. The guitar sounds very good now. I'm the original owner and don't play too terribly much, and I've considered buying another electric as this is the only one I own, but I cant seem to find a reasonably priced guitar that has the great feel that this one does. After I fix the bridge, I may buy a set of the Kahler string locks and it will be a nearly new guitar again. :)
Again, thank you for the info!

I received the springs that I ordered from Kahler and unfortunately they're too short. I guess I'll check into replacing the bridge, Kahler has a hybrid that may fit for around $200, that'll put me at $400 to completely redo the guitar....

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.