Re: EPIPHONE PRICE?

Posted by archie ireland on Mon, 02/18/08 - 22:49:20.

: IVE GOT AN EPIPHONE FT-155 ACOUSTIC FLAT TOP GUITAR
: I THINK ITS A 1972-1974
: COULD YOU TELL ME WHAT IT COST NEW?
: AND WHAT ITS WORTH NOW?
: THANKS, JIM
about 160.00

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Epiphone FT-155

I have one that i bought "new" in 1972 . I paid $175 for guitar and case . Still have them and they are in great condition. The sound of this guitar , after 43 years of aging , in beautiful . I have owned some Martins , Alvarez , etc. , and they all sound good . My Epiphone will compete with all of them , and for a lot less money . The choice of woods in this FT-155 is also amazing . I can't put a price on mine , but i saw one go for about $400.

Re: EPIPHONE PRICE?

The price will be disappointing;however, if you are a guitarist the sound will be comparable or better than most $800 to $1600 acoustic guitars. It is all solid wood and solid spruce top. Most people think it is laminate or plywood because of the price or some internet research; however, I own one. Mine was made in 1974 and the wood has aged and it makes a resonant vibration that, like I have mentioned, only is made by higher end acoustic guitars. The only guitar that has sounded better to my ear (more resonant) is a $1600 Martin DC16RGTE. So sorry it is only a treasure if you are a guitarist, monetarily it is only worth $50 to $200 depending on the condition.

value Epiphone FT-155

Most people dont realize that value is relative . It is quality based and supply and demand orientated. The blue book companies receive kickbacks for making their products higher in the books than guitars like the Epiphone FT-155. Don't believe the blue books they are tainted in their opinions. Ive been collecting guitars for years and I own this model. I also could sell it for 450.00 in a heartbeat. I have never heard any Martin compare to the sound of an Epiphone FT-155 or an Ibanez Concord 699. the Martins are greatly overvalued. I can prove this with any oscilloscope that the resonance in these classic Japanese guitars far exceeds any Martin ever produced.

FT-155

So what do they got for in 2016?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.