Looking for Alex Lifeson Signature Guitar

Posted by Levi Knebusch on Sun, 07/29/01 - 00:58:30.
In Reply to Cool Guitars

I have been searching for a Signature Guitar like the one that Alex Lifeson played during his Hold Your Fire Tour. I know that they were a Canadian Company, and they are not in business anymore, but there has to be some floating around somewhere. I am willing to pay a good price for a good guitar.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Signature Pegasus for sale

I have a Signature Pegasus I will be selling in the next few weeks or so. I will probably be posting it on Ebay. It is a 2nd gen curved top, pearl white with Evans pickups. It sounds just like Alex's Aurora. No scratches, dings, it is in excellent shape.

Re: Signature Pegasus for sale

I forgot, if anyone is interested in pictures - email me: fords44 at yahoo dot com

first ever signature guitar for sale

Hi my name is John Foley. Seventeen years ago I bought a guitar from Russ Heinl the owner of Signature Guitar Company in Vancouver. The Guitars are very high quality. If you Goggle Signature guitar someone has built a web tribute to the guitar company. The guitar I own was the first built serial 0001 it was the prototype. When production started the serial numbers started with 925 Russ’s birthday. My guitar is the Red guitar featured in the brochure and on the web site (not the one wrapped in cloth). I never thought I would sell this guitar. I have a passion for trap shooting and want to but a new prize possession. I was cursing guys that have beautiful trap guns that don’t shoot any more. It then hit me I’m sitting on an amazing guitar that I don’t play and someone else would love to have.
Anyone interested?

Re: first ever signature guitar for sale

: Hi my name is John Foley. Seventeen years ago I bought a guitar from Russ Heinl the owner of Signature Guitar Company in Vancouver. The Guitars are very high quality. If you Goggle Signature guitar someone has built a web tribute to the guitar company. The guitar I own was the first built serial 0001 it was the prototype. When production started the serial numbers started with 925 Russ’s birthday. My guitar is the Red guitar featured in the brochure and on the web site (not the one wrapped in cloth). I never thought I would sell this guitar. I have a passion for trap shooting and want to but a new prize possession. I was cursing guys that have beautiful trap guns that don’t shoot any more. It then hit me I’m sitting on an amazing guitar that I don’t play and someone else would love to have.
: Anyone interested?
Still Have It?

Do you still have the guitar? Im interested contact me at michaelpowers1@live.com

Hello John,

Siganture Visionary...Yes I might be interested depending upon cost because I am a college student. I realize that you posted this in May and I may be too late. Please let me know. My father shoots trap by the way so I know how that goes...

Best Regards,
Michael Shea

Sorry that should say, "I'm debating another model like this or a Signature Visionary..."

I'm interested.. how much are you asking for it? Also, do you have any pictures of it?

I to have a Signature for sale. It is the white Oracle model..serial number 0943
any interested parties...mail me at eigler_shaneATmsn.com

Re: Looking for Alex Lifeson Signature Guitar

I have this EXACT guitar. I am selling it to the highest bidder. It is a 1987 1st Gen Aurora - Great White....JUST LIKE Alex Lifeson's . It is ULTRA RARE. ONLY 500 TOTAL Signatures were ever made. ALL styles. I have model #54/500 (serial #0979) - started at 0925

I have about 6 people interested in this and it will go to the highest bidder. It is a GREAT investment piece. Contact me ASAP, or call me at 925.634.2765 Thanks!! Chris :)

I have two Signatures, I'd be willing to part with one of them, a blue flame top 2nd generation neck thru Oracle.

Johnny

Johnny:

Are you still in possession of the blue flame top Oracle? If so, do you have a photo? And what would you ask for it?

Thanks very much -- feel free to email me directly, if you like...

Matt

: I have two Signatures, I'd be willing to part with one of them, a blue flame top 2nd generation neck thru Oracle.

: Johnny

:

: Johnny:

: Are you still in possession of the blue flame top Oracle? If so, do you have a photo? And what would you ask for it?

: Thanks very much -- feel free to email me directly, if you like...

: Matt

: : I have two Signatures, I'd be willing to part with one of them, a blue flame top 2nd generation neck thru Oracle.

: : Johnny

Matt,

I do still have the blue flame Oracle. I paid $1500 ($1500 used of course). I'd be looking at getting something very close to that price. I don't need the money, I just have way too many guitars. I don't need to tell you how rare any Signature guitar is--- only about 500 made total for all models. Thanks, Johnny

Signature Bass

Is anyone in possession of a Signature Bass? I recently purchased an un-used Sig Bass, apparently made during the Signature era '87 - '90. This thing is spotless. Just want more info.

Did you part with this guitar or is it still for sale?

Robert

Robert,

The blue flame top Signature is still for sale. I haven't been trying to sell it, but I stil have it. Mail me at rarefish (at sign) flash.net if interested.

Johnny

: Did you part with this guitar or is it still for sale?

: Robert

While the Fan site posted is fairly accurate (I provided the individual who runs it with much of the information on it and i have been cited by him as a "resource" at the bottom of the sites home page) I just want to let you guys know that Signatures are VERY rare. The company manufactured approximatley 500 total instruments -guitars and basses combined overe the 4 or so years they were in production. There are no accurate records to be exact.

Many years ago, I was fortunate enough to befriended many of the "major players" involved with Signature guitars, many of whom are were/are close friends to Alex.

I own a 1989-90 Flip Flop Pearl 2nd generation carved maple-top white Aurora with Gold hardware similar to Alex' in the "A Show Of hands Video" only his has black hardware and is a "flat top" 1st generation. In fact, that one, nicknamed "Great White" is the very first Signature guitar. My Aurora has an upgraded version of the same custom Evans electronics preamped pickup system that Alex had in all of his Signatures. This was custom built, wired and installed for me by Rod Evans himself, a very humble and nice man, by the way. I have also just completed building a mismatched Midnight Blue Metallic Body with a Translucent Red Flame maple neck Oracle (hum/s/hum). These parts are some of the last, if not THE last parts that were left on the assembly line when the factory closed its doors in 1990-91. This guitar does not have the Evans preamp system but I wired the 2 Evans E2 humbuckers and the single-coil E1 just as the factory would have. It also has Gold harware.
The Evans single coils are absolutley silent and hum-free.
Neither guitar is for sale. I have much more info on Signatures email me at mopar300@quixnet.net if you want to "chat" about them.

Rock on!

Bill

Signature aurora

I have one of these guitars and am curious what is the going rate for them? Thank you

They're Japanese and Ed Roman sells them. Top notch imports, I'd love to have one. Look here:
http://www.edromanguitars.com/guitar/home_sig.htm

Hi Brian, I think Levi is talikng about the "other" Signatures. The guitar you are interested in is the Signature Aroura. Not much info exists on the Canadian "Signature Guitar Company" anymore but there is a Signature fan site at the following URL:
http://www.geocities.com/black_aroura/index.html

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2016 , All Rights Reserved.