Bond Electraglide

Advertisement
Posted by Daniel Mannion on Thu, 04/04/02 - 10:38:15.

i was given a Bond Electraglide 2 years ago and have been trying to find out information about it but none of the music shops near me have and knowledge of the make or model. i was hoping you would be able to help me out!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Bond Electraglide for sale

i have had this bond since new.

Re: Bond Electraglide

I had a music shop in Holland and bought 2 Electraglides when they were released. One I sold en one I still have.
Complete and 'Brandnew" I also have the electronic scheme.
All the part where from Schaller.

: I had a music shop in Holland and bought 2 Electraglides when they were released. One I sold en one I still have.
: Complete and 'Brandnew" I also have the electronic scheme.
: All the part where from Schaller.

Sorry, The scheme was at my ex-wife's home and Icould not find it anymore

I own a bond electraglide,have done for 6-7 years. Thing is that the electrics do not appear to work. My local guitar shop cannot hep with either a replacement lead or power pack
does anyone know where I might be able to source such items.

Mick - I shall be round to sort it out soon - sorry for delay !!

Bond Electraglide

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Bond Electraglide

Mick, your problem may be a very simple one to correct. The Bond runs on a power pack that puts out roughly 48 volts. If this is working and you still have no electronics, check to make sure that you are using a ring tip sleeve ( stereo) cord from the pack to the guitar. One hot lead runs the LEDs and the other runs the active pickups. If you already knew this, just call me an overblown idiot and take it to an electronics shop, not a music store. They should be able to figure it out for you.

Ms. Bond, my condolances. I love your father's design.

Bending notes: Another way to explain it, 'We're trained to get close to the fret. For the Bond get away from the fret so you can get some meat on the string'.

My situation: I got my Bond after the factory had closed. All I got was the body, tuners, and tailpiece. If anyone has any information at all, or better yet a source of parts (I can dream), please let me know.

Re: Bond Electraglide sale

Bond Electraglide  sale

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Bond Electraglide sale

Ms. Bond, my condolances. I love your father's design.

Bending notes: Another way to explain it, 'We're trained to get close to the fret. For the Bond get away from the fret so you can get some meat on the string'.

My situation: I got my Bond after the factory had closed. All I got was the body, tuners, and tailpiece. If anyone has any information at all, or better yet a source of parts (I can dream), please let me know.

Andrew Bond who invented and built the electraglide was my father, he passed away 1999 will be sadly missed. I am his son and would gladly try and answer any questions.

Hi

Hi Ashley,
I've just bought an electraglide with tremolo and I'm looking forward to know how many of them were produced. Do you know anything on it? (Great guitar!)
Cheers
Olivier

I have owned a Bond since new 85 and have never had any problems, although it has not been used a great deal. The serial number is 000961 however I wonder if there were that many made. Does anyone know how many were produced?

iv just come got one. most peeps agree that there was only about 1000 made by andrew bond of muir of ode here in scotland, there wasnt many made because they proved too expensive for him to make.

: I have owned a Bond since new 85 and have never had any problems, although it has not been used a great deal. The serial number is 000961 however I wonder if there were that many made. Does anyone know how many were produced?

: iv just come got one. most peeps agree that there was only about 1000 made by andrew bond of muir of ode here in scotland, there wasnt many made because they proved too expensive for him to make.

:
: : I have owned a Bond since new 85 and have never had any problems, although it has not been used a great deal. The serial number is 000961 however I wonder if there were that many made. Does anyone know how many were produced?

I have 1 and live just 7 miles from where they were made.Andrew Bond made approx 1500 before he had to stop trading due to the production costs etc..

: I have owned a Bond since new 85 and have never had any problems, although it has not been used a great deal. The serial number is 000961 however I wonder if there were that many made. Does anyone know how many were produced?

: : I have owned a Bond since new 85 and have never had any problems, although it has not been used a great deal. The serial number is 000961 however I wonder if there were that many made. Does anyone know how many were produced?

There was about 1500 produced in total although not that many are still in circulation obviously

around 200 i am led to believe

around 200 i am led to believe

please help me fing spares

: please help me fing spares

try gradykoch@aol.com

Very elegant design to these guitars--it's sad Andrew passed away. I've got a WWW site dedicated to Electraglides at www.bondelectraglide.hothomepages.com. Please e-mail me with comments.

The guitar was made around 1985 in a small village called Muir of Ord in the highlands of Scotlnd. To my knowledge there was only a few hundred ever produced I have one myself and live only a couple of miles away from where they were made. Unfortunately i no longer works through an amp and the LED's no longer work. Dont know how collectible they are or valuable but they are uniqe. They were not cheap at the time they retailed for about £800 but were just to ahead of there time and the neck scared people from purchasing, although they are probably the easiest of guitars to play. Hope this helps.

Andrew Bond, the maker, was my wifes step father. He lived in Poole, but set up the factory to make the guitars in Scotland.
could you tell me whether the guitar plays well? I've heard tell that the fret board makes it hard to bend notes!
: i was given a Bond Electraglide 2 years ago and have been trying to find out information about it but none of the music shops near me have and knowledge of the make or model. i was hoping you would be able to help me out!

Bond Electraglide

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Bond Electraglide

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.