Re: S. Yairi guitar

Advertisement
Posted by JH on Fri, 09/07/01 - 05:33:46.

: I recently purchased a classical S. Yairi guitar, produced in 1969 in the Nagoya Japan shop. Inside the body is a label which reads, "Handcrafted in Japan by Yairi, model no. 600, ad 1969, serial no. 127 (or 121) and on the bracing is branded "Yairi Gakki, Nagoya." any information on this luthier, the guitar, value range, etc would be most appreciated. I purchased it at a used instrument store in Michigan, and the owner believed it to be a K. Yairi/Alvarez guitar, and I am sure based his price accordingly. I paid $400 (less trade in). I have confirmed through e-mails to Japan that it is not K. Yairi, but rather an S. Yairi.

Sadao Yairi. Maker of classical and steel string accoustics - the classical models seem to have been excellent student models. Operated (as far as I can tell) a factory from the 60's through to the early 80's. There appear to be more recent steel string (Martin copies?) produced and sold in Japan, though. My partner's model 700 is better than any of the current student guitars I've tried in a search of my own. The 600 is a hand made instrument and should be of the same order. The luthier (probably not Yairi himself) may have signed the underside of the soundboard in the traditional manner.
The S.Yairi concern also built the first Lowden accoustics until the factory in N.Ireland was set up.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Alvarez - K. Yairi DY74

I have An Alvarez guitar by Kazuo Tairi. Model # DY74 S/n 51559, Made in Japan in 1983. Signed by K. Yairi.
This guitar has been owned by me since her birthday. MINT CONDITION. I have pictures but I don't know where or to whom i would send. I was wondering how much it is worth?

Please reply to e-mail address or on this website, however you do it. Never did this before. Just curious. It sold brand new in 1983 for $650.00.

Sincerely, Lilly

Jairi Gakki Ltd 1969 guitar #19

I have this guitar and would like to know more about it, as I would like to see it if possible?

Jairi Gakki Ltd 1969 guitar #19

Sorry I meant SELL it..!

I have a yairi bought new in 1965, model 700.
I played only briefly and it has been stored.
I need money more than things now.
What's it worth?
claudia

: I have a yairi bought new in 1965, model 700.
: I played only briefly and it has been stored.
: I need money more than things now.
: What's it worth?
: claudia
Claudia: I wd like to buy this. I wd pay 500.00.
f_quann@yahoo.com thank you

S. Yairi guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: S. Yairi guitar

I purchased a Yairi guitar when I was in the U.S. Navy in 1969 when we stopped in Japan on R&R. The label inside the guitar reads: YAIRI GUITAR Hand Made Made in Japan YAIRI GAKKI LTD. NO. B-3 Nagoya AD. 69 F I have played this guitar throughout the years and just love it. I has been a faithful instrument and has brought me lots of pleasure.

I purchased for my 16th birthday a S Yari Clase 9000 acoustic guitar. I believe it was around $200 from a plcae on Cape Cod known as Gott's music. The guitar is signed by S Yari from Nagoya in Novenber of 1971 - Anyone know anything about this type of guitar and its value?

S. Yairi guitar

: I purchased for my 16th birthday a S Yari Clase 9000 acoustic guitar. I believe it was around $200 from a plcae on Cape Cod known as Gott's music. The guitar is signed by S Yari from Nagoya in Novenber of 1971 - Anyone know anything about this type of guitar and its value?

I misspelled the name it is S. Yairi and the company name is Yairi Gakki LTD

: I bought a Sadao Yairi guitar, model 730, new in 1977. This was in Edinburgh, Scotland. I still have the guitar, and also the catalogue from that time which shows the entire range then in existence. The range was very similar to that of Martin (my 730 is a dead ringer for a Martin D28). The price I paid then was 185 British Pounds. It's been a very good guitar and sounds better the older it gets.

S. Yairi guitar

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.