Alvarez-Yairi DY58

Posted by Danny Toal on Thu, 10/17/02 - 09:31:16.

I have owned this 9 string guitar for some twenty years and was wondering what it would appraise for. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Alvarez-Yairi DY 58 with Direct Coupled Bridge circa 1988-89

I'm looking for an Alvarez-Yairi DY 58 with Direct Coupled Bridge circa 1988-89 . Please email me if you have one to sell. thank you.

Dy58 dcb for sale

I have a 1988 dy58 debt for sale.Very good condition in a newer SKB padded hard shell case.Any interest contact me at e-mail address.Thanks.

aLVAREZ yIARI GUITARS.

I OWN THREE ALVAREZ YIARI ACOUSTICS, FOR MANY YEARS, A 1980 DY-58 NINE STRING, A 1991 DY-62 ACOUSTIC/ELECTRIC AND A 1983 DY-47. THEY ALL PLAY AND SOUND GREAT. I RECENTLY SAW JOE BONOMASSA PLAYING AN ALVAREZ YIARI ACOUSTIC ON STAGE...YOU GOTTA LOVE THAT.

DY58

I have had mine since 1980 and love it!!! I don't think I would ever sell it. You can't find them, they play great, and sound awesome. I have had many guitars over the years. I still have this one! Love it!!!!

Re: Alvarez-Yairi DY58

: I have owned this 9 string guitar for some twenty years and was wondering what it would appraise for. Any help would be appreciated.

I had one for a while and I lost it, I'd be willing to buy yours if it is in good condition and you still have it. If so, contact me with the info- Thank You, Lena

DY58

Lena...They made 600. I'd buy it too.

I have had mine since 1998.. took me ten years to find it... Found it in a pawn shop in Olathe, KS for 450 bucks..It will be the only guitar I own...I just wonder how many were made?

I watched one sell on ebay last year for $1600.
I have one, and would not ever want to sell it. It is a great unit.

I have a dy-58 left handed and don't have a clue what its worth. Paid five hundred in 1982, Had to order it.

: I have owened my DY58 since 81, and have a friend that bought one shortly after he saw mine. I paid $750 w/case, "full retail", my friend found his for just under $500. I still feel I made a good investment, I've been playing it all these years. Other guitars have come and gone, but I'd never sell my DY58.

An Alvarez Yairi DY58 DCB with a few cosmetic cracks sold on EBay 5/12/04 for 202USD. The dbl. high E, the dbl.B and both G strings share a common hole at the bridge...
FYI.

I saw one 2 years ago at the big midwestern guitar show in Elgin, IL called "guitar maddness". A shop from Ohio had one asking $300 or $350.

I didn't have the money at the time or I would have bought it. I play fingerstyle acoustic, and often wonder how stuff I write could sound on that guitar, and how it might influence my compositions.

I have seen an autographed version by the late Michael Hedges from california go for $1000. But I think that was largely due to the signature and the fact that he's dead.

: I have owned this 9 string guitar for some twenty years and was wondering what it would appraise for. Any help would be appreciated.

: I saw one 2 years ago at the big midwestern guitar show in Elgin, IL called "guitar maddness". A shop from Ohio had one asking $300 or $350.

: I didn't have the money at the time or I would have bought it. I play fingerstyle acoustic, and often wonder how stuff I write could sound on that guitar, and how it might influence my compositions.

: I have seen an autographed version by the late Michael Hedges from california go for $1000. But I think that was largely due to the signature and the fact that he's dead.

: : I have owned this 9 string guitar for some twenty years and was wondering what it would appraise for. Any help would be appreciated.

.....WELL I HAVE ONE TOO,MMMM.... GREAT GUITAR,LAST TIME I SAW A GUITAR BLUE BOOK PRICE ON A DY-58 IT WAS APPRAISED AT AROUND $1,700,I DO BELIEVE. SMILES,L.A.

i have owned mine for 6 years, i inherited it from an old guitar playing buddy who died of cancer.
These guitars were made at k yairi's shop in japan. yairi is a luthier who makes guitars by hand the old fashioned way. our guitars were known in some circles as "Nashville Tuning" guitars. i go to nashville every few months and have only seen one or two there. make of that what you will. The dy 58 is valued at $1,100.00 but in all reality it would be damn hard to get that price for several reasons:
1. yairi guitars are frequently overlooked as not being hot or in fashion
2. many guitar players are not up to snuff to handle a nine string guitar.
3. guitar players assume that made in japan equals cheapness but in the case of yairi, and a select few others, they are wrong.
4. guitar values are a market driven value...you can only get what someone will pay.
so the best way to think of this is that you are lucky to have a good guitar like this, and because no one knows about them the chances of it getting stolen are very low.
have it insured in the thousand dollar range.
(i used to own a used/vintage guitar store)
i keep my yairi mounted on a wall in my office so it is always handy.
good luck
mooseman

: i have owned mine for 6 years, i inherited it from an old guitar playing buddy who died of cancer.
: These guitars were made at k yairi's shop in japan. yairi is a luthier who makes guitars by hand the old fashioned way. our guitars were known in some circles as "Nashville Tuning" guitars. i go to nashville every few months and have only seen one or two there. make of that what you will. The dy 58 is valued at $1,100.00 but in all reality it would be damn hard to get that price for several reasons:
: 1. yairi guitars are frequently overlooked as not being hot or in fashion
: 2. many guitar players are not up to snuff to handle a nine string guitar.
: 3. guitar players assume that made in japan equals cheapness but in the case of yairi, and a select few others, they are wrong.
: 4. guitar values are a market driven value...you can only get what someone will pay.
: so the best way to think of this is that you are lucky to have a good guitar like this, and because no one knows about them the chances of it getting stolen are very low.
: have it insured in the thousand dollar range.
: (i used to own a used/vintage guitar store)
: i keep my yairi mounted on a wall in my office so it is always handy.
: good luck
: mooseman

I bought my DY 58 new in 1983. Although I have no intention of ever selling it, I have often wondered what it is worth. I paid $600. for it, but would not let it go even if I could get twice that amount for it. In the 21 years that I have owned this guitar, I have yet to see another one. It's uniqueness & great sound are why I would never think about letting it go.
I was at a grand opening for a new (relocated) guitar shop near my home yesterday, and was checking out some 12 strings. I only found one that came close to my DY 58. It was also an Alvarez Yairi. Model # RD 20, I think. Had a great sound, & I almost bought it. Still might before it's over. Maybe I'm partial to the Alvarez Yairi line, but it was a nice guitar.
Till then, I guess I'll just keep bangin' away on my ol' 9 string. Lucky me ! :)

: : i have owned mine for 6 years, i inherited it from an old guitar playing buddy who died of cancer.
: : These guitars were made at k yairi's shop in japan. yairi is a luthier who makes guitars by hand the old fashioned way. our guitars were known in some circles as "Nashville Tuning" guitars. i go to nashville every few months and have only seen one or two there. make of that what you will. The dy 58 is valued at $1,100.00 but in all reality it would be damn hard to get that price for several reasons:
: : 1. yairi guitars are frequently overlooked as not being hot or in fashion
: : 2. many guitar players are not up to snuff to handle a nine string guitar.
: : 3. guitar players assume that made in japan equals cheapness but in the case of yairi, and a select few others, they are wrong.
: : 4. guitar values are a market driven value...you can only get what someone will pay.
: : so the best way to think of this is that you are lucky to have a good guitar like this, and because no one knows about them the chances of it getting stolen are very low.
: : have it insured in the thousand dollar range.
: : (i used to own a used/vintage guitar store)
: : i keep my yairi mounted on a wall in my office so it is always handy.
: : good luck
: : mooseman

: I bought my DY 58 new in 1983. Although I have no intention of ever selling it, I have often wondered what it is worth. I paid $600. for it, but would not let it go even if I could get twice that amount for it. In the 21 years that I have owned this guitar, I have yet to see another one. It's uniqueness & great sound are why I would never think about letting it go.
: I was at a grand opening for a new (relocated) guitar shop near my home yesterday, and was checking out some 12 strings. I only found one that came close to my DY 58. It was also an Alvarez Yairi. Model # RD 20, I think. Had a great sound, & I almost bought it. Still might before it's over. Maybe I'm partial to the Alvarez Yairi line, but it was a nice guitar.
: Till then, I guess I'll just keep bangin' away on my ol' 9 string. Lucky me ! :)

Hi,
Im so sorry to bother you,but, I have no way to find out the price of this guitar. So Im hoping you can help us with your knowledge. We have a guitar model Y 850 ,and crafted by k. yairi and signed by k.yairi, it also says on the guitar Japan Gifu KANI. Please can you help us find more information on this guitar. Please for give me if I have bothered you or done anything wrong in sending you this email. We just came across this site and are hoping someone or you can help us. Thank you so very much Fred

: : : i have owned mine for 6 years, i inherited it from an old guitar playing buddy who died of cancer.
: : : These guitars were made at k yairi's shop in japan. yairi is a luthier who makes guitars by hand the old fashioned way. our guitars were known in some circles as "Nashville Tuning" guitars. i go to nashville every few months and have only seen one or two there. make of that what you will. The dy 58 is valued at $1,100.00 but in all reality it would be damn hard to get that price for several reasons:
: : : 1. yairi guitars are frequently overlooked as not being hot or in fashion
: : : 2. many guitar players are not up to snuff to handle a nine string guitar.
: : : 3. guitar players assume that made in japan equals cheapness but in the case of yairi, and a select few others, they are wrong.
: : : 4. guitar values are a market driven value...you can only get what someone will pay.
: : : so the best way to think of this is that you are lucky to have a good guitar like this, and because no one knows about them the chances of it getting stolen are very low.
: : : have it insured in the thousand dollar range.
: : : (i used to own a used/vintage guitar store)
: : : i keep my yairi mounted on a wall in my office so it is always handy.
: : : good luck
: : : mooseman

: : I bought my DY 58 new in 1983. Although I have no intention of ever selling it, I have often wondered what it is worth. I paid $600. for it, but would not let it go even if I could get twice that amount for it. In the 21 years that I have owned this guitar, I have yet to see another one. It's uniqueness & great sound are why I would never think about letting it go.
: : I was at a grand opening for a new (relocated) guitar shop near my home yesterday, and was checking out some 12 strings. I only found one that came close to my DY 58. It was also an Alvarez Yairi. Model # RD 20, I think. Had a great sound, & I almost bought it. Still might before it's over. Maybe I'm partial to the Alvarez Yairi line, but it was a nice guitar.
: : Till then, I guess I'll just keep bangin' away on my ol' 9 string. Lucky me ! :)

:
: Hi,
: Im so sorry to bother you,but, I have no way to find out the price of this guitar. So Im hoping you can help us with your knowledge. We have a guitar model Y 850 ,and crafted by k. yairi and signed by k.yairi, it also says on the guitar Japan Gifu KANI. Please can you help us find more information on this guitar. Please for give me if I have bothered you or done anything wrong in sending you this email. We just came across this site and are hoping someone or you can help us. Thank you so very much Fred

Thank you all so much for your answers. We sure hope we can sell our yairi guitar y 850. Again thank you so very much for all your help each and all of you. FRED

Looking for an Alvarez- Yairi DY58

I am looking for an Alvarez-Yairi DY 58 with Direct Coupled Bridge circa 1988-89. Does anyone know someone who is looking to sell theirs. Please email me at mkoskoff@hotmail.com if you do.

alvarez 9string dy58 1980

theres one on ebay for 500 is that good price?

: : : : i have owned mine for 6 years, i inherited it from an old guitar playing buddy who died of cancer.
: : : : These guitars were made at k yairi's shop in japan. yairi is a luthier who makes guitars by hand the old fashioned way. our guitars were known in some circles as "Nashville Tuning" guitars. i go to nashville every few months and have only seen one or two there. make of that what you will. The dy 58 is valued at $1,100.00 but in all reality it would be damn hard to get that price for several reasons:
: : : : 1. yairi guitars are frequently overlooked as not being hot or in fashion
: : : : 2. many guitar players are not up to snuff to handle a nine string guitar.
: : : : 3. guitar players assume that made in japan equals cheapness but in the case of yairi, and a select few others, they are wrong.
: : : : 4. guitar values are a market driven value...you can only get what someone will pay.
: : : : so the best way to think of this is that you are lucky to have a good guitar like this, and because no one knows about them the chances of it getting stolen are very low.
: : : : have it insured in the thousand dollar range.
: : : : (i used to own a used/vintage guitar store)
: : : : i keep my yairi mounted on a wall in my office so it is always handy.
: : : : good luck
: : : : mooseman

: : : I bought my DY 58 new in 1983. Although I have no intention of ever selling it, I have often wondered what it is worth. I paid $600. for it, but would not let it go even if I could get twice that amount for it. In the 21 years that I have owned this guitar, I have yet to see another one. It's uniqueness & great sound are why I would never think about letting it go.
: : : I was at a grand opening for a new (relocated) guitar shop near my home yesterday, and was checking out some 12 strings. I only found one that came close to my DY 58. It was also an Alvarez Yairi. Model # RD 20, I think. Had a great sound, & I almost bought it. Still might before it's over. Maybe I'm partial to the Alvarez Yairi line, but it was a nice guitar.
: : : Till then, I guess I'll just keep bangin' away on my ol' 9 string. Lucky me ! :)

: :
: : Hi,
: : Im so sorry to bother you,but, I have no way to find out the price of this guitar. So Im hoping you can help us with your knowledge. We have a guitar model Y 850 ,and crafted by k. yairi and signed by k.yairi, it also says on the guitar Japan Gifu KANI. Please can you help us find more information on this guitar. Please for give me if I have bothered you or done anything wrong in sending you this email. We just came across this site and are hoping someone or you can help us. Thank you so very much Fred

i have an alvarez dy-58 9 string in very nice condition, and hope to sell it soon
:
: Thank you all so much for your answers. We sure hope we can sell our yairi guitar y 850. Again thank you so very much for all your help each and all of you. FRED

I have a DY 58 that I bought 16 years ago for $600. I think it is a great guitar. I like that it sounds like a 12 and plays like a 6 with a rich bass sound.

Have a DY58 that I bought new in 1980. Thinking about posting on ebay. Have been watching for quite a while, and haven't seen another. Any thoughts on value ?

If anyone is interested in selling their Avarez DY58 I would be interested. I saw one a long time ago and have wondered about hem ever since. I can be reached at jaimie@contusion.com

I have a 1988 one in brand new condition (since i never played it).

I will buy your alvarez yairi dy 58 9 string. Please contact me

Will pay good money.

Is your Alvarez Yairi DY-58 for sale?

I am trying to reach Bob Coons

I own three Yairi guitars. They are each special and unique. I have the DY58 9 string, a DY85 six string and a DY87 Double neck. I am looking for another 9 string if anyone knows of one for sale.

9 String

I own one of the Alvarez Yari 9 Strings and would consider selling it. Contact me if interested

I will buy your alvarez yairi dy 58 9 string. Please contact me

Will pay good money for it.

: I own three Yairi guitars. They are each special and unique. I have the DY58 9 string, a DY85 six string and a DY87 Double neck. I am looking for another 9 string if anyone knows of one for sale.

we have a y 850 K. yairi Guitar.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.