Alvarez Guitar Appraisal

Posted by Erik on Thu, 12/04/03 - 08:32:15.

I have an opp. to buy an Alvarez DY 89 (I believe 1987).
Decent condition.
I'd like to know what it's worth by itself...
then...
w/ an installed Fishman Acoustic Matrix Natural mic
and an SKB hard case.

Is there a place on the net to lookup values of guitars, and perhaps original selling prices as well in their initial year?

Thanks

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

value of Alvarez guitar

Acoustic guitar model 5075 serial # 3691 manufactured 13-8-73 - value?D

Re: Alvarez Guitar Appraisal (DY39)

Well, folks-
All over the internet message boards, all I've seen is questions about the DY39, and no answers, and no responses from Alvarez itself.
I have good news. I emailed a request to Alvarez yesterday, and got this response this morning:

"The DY39 had a list price of $559 in 1989. I cannot give a current value as we do not do business in the used guitar market. It has a solid spruce top with rosewood laminate back & sides. The neck is mahogany, the fingerboard &
bridge are rosewood. My educated guess is that it may retain it's original retail value, though I really do not have any facts to base that on other than my experience in general with Alvarez Yairi guitars."

At least I/we know that it's authentic, and the original guitar's worth, about which I could not find a clue until the Alvarez response.

Enjoy...I'm going to buy the Alvarez today.

alvarez

would like to know date made and value of alvarez model 5074 acoustic electric cutaway in good condition don't think it is yari does have numbers on neck heel with a k under them but don't see yari on it no where any info would be nice cant seem to find anything on it thanks

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.