Masada guitar

Posted by charles sealey on Tue, 07/12/05 - 17:32:40.

I have a Masada guitar that someone told me is like the Gibson hummingbird. Can anyone tell me where I can find out information about the Masada guitar? I would like to know what year it was made and some information about it.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Masada Hummingbird

I had a Masada Hummingbird acoustic that I bought in Key West, FL around 1973 and traded in when I bought my Martin D18 in Hanford, CA around 1978. I remember it being a sweet playing guitar and loved the color and workmanship. In fact, I would buy it back today if it's still around.

G

Masada Les Paul guitar

I have been looking for what I have for awhile. So far from what I can see from the headstock and body it matches up with what I am seeing in some of the Masada pictures. In any event this guitar is extremely well made, of the five or so guitars I own this is by far the best in the bunch. Workmanship is top notch, and plays like a dream. Black Les Paul style, would be nice to know for sure so will keep researching.

Masada Les Paul Copy for sale

Hi

I'm listing one on E-bay today for sale. I had it for about 25 years. I bought it used from a Music store. It shows lovely BUT the top layer of wood is split. There are some smudges and surface scratches although the guitar has seen very little use since I've owned it. I'm just trying to find out what this guitar is worth in this condidtion before I list it on E-bay.

JB

i have a masada

i have a wooden masada i am looking to let go of ... contact me if your interested and ill send you a picture

Masada Hummingbird Guitar

I inherited my Masada Himmingbird when my grandfather died. May parents, aunts and uncles bought it for him in 1973 for Christmas. They purchased it for $175.00. I play mine very day and it is by far, the sweetest guitar I own and it has the BEST action of anything I own. It is not only a great instrument, it holds precious sentimental value.

Re: Masada guitar

: I have a Masada guitar that someone told me is like the Gibson hummingbird. Can anyone tell me where I can find out information about the Masada guitar? I would like to know what year it was made and some information about it.

it looks like a fender strat maybe early 70s masada studio

masada

Mine is a 73. They are pretty rare, and very well made.. Mine looks like Willie Nelson's, in that it is about wore out, and still plays perfect..

: : I have a Masada guitar that someone told me is like the Gibson hummingbird. Can anyone tell me where I can find out information about the Masada guitar? I would like to know what year it was made and some information about it.

I just bought one masada hummingbird copy for $225.

I had a black Masada Les Paul model in the early 80's. I bought it from a friend for $100. My mom was mad I bought it and made me return it. I think it was the best player I ever had, but I've never seen one since to play and see. I'm still looking though!: I have a Masada guitar that someone told me is like the Gibson hummingbird. Can anyone tell me where I can find out information about the Masada guitar? I would like to know what year it was made and some information about it.

Sorry, I can't help, but I have a Masada Telecaster copy that I bought in Harrisonburg, Virginia pawnshop for $40 in 1984. It's a fairly solid backup guitar and I've never seen nor heard anything else about Masada. Did you find out anything at all about Masada? Thanks- Slim

>>>ORIGINAL POST>>>>>
I have a Masada guitar that someone told me is like the Gibson hummingbird. Can anyone tell me where I can find out information about the Masada guitar? I would like to know what year it was made and some information about it.

masada wooden electric guitar????

i was given one but cant find any info on it can anyone help...year, value, origin anything thank you

Masada acoustic guitar

I purchased this guitar in north carolina 1964-66 . would like any info about these guitars . thanks

I am also searching for information. I bought my Masada Telecaster copy back in the 80's for about $20 from a graduating college student. Experts told my brother, who had it for several years, that in some ways it is actually better than the Fender it was copying. But I can't find a word about a Masada brand on the Internet.

: Sorry, I can't help, but I have a Masada Telecaster copy that I bought in Harrisonburg, Virginia pawnshop for $40 in 1984. It's a fairly solid backup guitar and I've never seen nor heard anything else about Masada. Did you find out anything at all about Masada? Thanks- Slim

: >>>ORIGINAL POST>>>>>
: I have a Masada guitar that someone told me is like the Gibson hummingbird. Can anyone tell me where I can find out information about the Masada guitar? I would like to know what year it was made and some information about it.

Same here . . . I'm in search of info, too. I recently got a Masada "Les Paul Custom" model violin-burst guitar for under two-bills, but no luck in finding any information on this line. Must be so rare (or esoteric) that not many folks own one. Heck, I'd like to know how many models and guitars were ever manufactured by Masada, let alone learning WHO "Masada" is/was! Consider ourselves "lucky" for owning such gems. Would like to learn more history on them if anyone out there knows?! I'm proud to have one of my own now . . . the craftsmanship was worth the expense.

Hope to find some good news on these someday!

: I am also searching for information. I bought my Masada Telecaster copy back in the 80's for about $20 from a graduating college student. Experts told my brother, who had it for several years, that in some ways it is actually better than the Fender it was copying. But I can't find a word about a Masada brand on the Internet.

: : Sorry, I can't help, but I have a Masada Telecaster copy that I bought in Harrisonburg, Virginia pawnshop for $40 in 1984. It's a fairly solid backup guitar and I've never seen nor heard anything else about Masada. Did you find out anything at all about Masada? Thanks- Slim

: : >>>ORIGINAL POST>>>>>
: : I have a Masada guitar that someone told me is like the Gibson hummingbird. Can anyone tell me where I can find out information about the Masada guitar? I would like to know what year it was made and some information about it.

I have a Masada guitar that I bought in 1974 at a guitar shop in Tuscaloosa Alabama. It is the Hummingbird look alike. It was made sometime around 72-74. The owner of the shop said that Masada made a line bluegrass guitars and violins and only made one line of acoustic like this. No other models were made. Mine is numbered 673. I too have searched for years to find out, but no one has any info on he internet.

: Same here . . . I'm in search of info, too. I recently got a Masada "Les Paul Custom" model violin-burst guitar for under two-bills, but no luck in finding any information on this line. Must be so rare (or esoteric) that not many folks own one. Heck, I'd like to know how many models and guitars were ever manufactured by Masada, let alone learning WHO "Masada" is/was! Consider ourselves "lucky" for owning such gems. Would like to learn more history on them if anyone out there knows?! I'm proud to have one of my own now . . . the craftsmanship was worth the expense.

: Hope to find some good news on these someday!

: : I am also searching for information. I bought my Masada Telecaster copy back in the 80's for about $20 from a graduating college student. Experts told my brother, who had it for several years, that in some ways it is actually better than the Fender it was copying. But I can't find a word about a Masada brand on the Internet.

: : : Sorry, I can't help, but I have a Masada Telecaster copy that I bought in Harrisonburg, Virginia pawnshop for $40 in 1984. It's a fairly solid backup guitar and I've never seen nor heard anything else about Masada. Did you find out anything at all about Masada? Thanks- Slim

: : : >>>ORIGINAL POST>>>>>
: : : I have a Masada guitar that someone told me is like the Gibson hummingbird. Can anyone tell me where I can find out information about the Masada guitar? I would like to know what year it was made and some information about it.

Masada copy of a Gibson Dove

Just bought a Masada copy of a Gibson Dove in Minnesota - perfect shape and it plays super.

I have owned the almost identical guitar for 45 years but it did not have Masada on the head piece - almost identical to the one I just bought just no name.

Would like to correspond with someone that really need one of these guitars. I run into so many people that swoon over these guitars.

They must be really hard to find.

I too am a proud owner of a mazada guitar..Mine is a 1978 master jazz bass.maple neck and maple body..I love it! its by far the best bass i have ever layed my fingers to..ive tried to upgrade several times in my life and i have never played a finer guitar. I play in two bands,usually 3 times a week for the past 20 yrs. I would never sell it, Its pricless as far as im concerned. my theory is that masada is a guys name that built it. Handcrafted in his garage. He might have built a couple hundred guitars over the yrs and is not alive anymore. It is a rare jewel for sure.

I have a Masada model 698 which I think is a SJ200 look alike. Man it would be nice to find out more about this guitar company. How much could this guitar be worth?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2016 , All Rights Reserved.