Re: Information on Lero Guitars

Advertisement
Posted by Jean-Marc Sawyer on Sat, 08/06/05 - 13:03:30.

: Greetings!I'm currently fixing a Lero electric guitar for a friend. It is approximately 35 years old and is in decent condition. It needs new tuning keys, a new pod for the tone knob, a new jack, etc. it looks very retro and is a dark sunburst color. It has a very thick neck, a bridge you can twist manualy to change the action and the oldest whammy system I have ever seen. Serves like a primitive spring version of a floyd rose. The tone isn't bad and there is two pickup switches to turn each of the single coils off or on (resembles that of a hoffner bass). When fixed i presume it will be a great little guitar and if not, I can smash it on stage!

Hi There!
Your description of your friends guitar you're fixing sounds strangely familiar to me. Today I just purchased a Lero guitar for 10 bucks out of the Buy and Sell in Winnipeg. Dark sunburst, a manually twistable bridge, two pick-up switches and yup the weird whammy system too. My model is a hollowbody, in fact thats the only reason I purchased it. The things is I dont know where this guitar was stored for the last 25 years or so...but it actually smells! Do you have any pics of the guitar you're working on? I'd love to see them....what are the chances of twoo of these smelly guitars surviving all these years?
Thanks.
JMS Winnipeg Manitoba

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

: : Greetings!I'm currently fixing a Lero electric guitar for a friend. It is approximately 35 years old and is in decent condition. It needs new tuning keys, a new pod for the tone knob, a new jack, etc. it looks very retro and is a dark sunburst color. It has a very thick neck, a bridge you can twist manualy to change the action and the oldest whammy system I have ever seen. Serves like a primitive spring version of a floyd rose. The tone isn't bad and there is two pickup switches to turn each of the single coils off or on (resembles that of a hoffner bass). When fixed i presume it will be a great little guitar and if not, I can smash it on stage!

: Hi There!
: Your description of your friends guitar you're fixing sounds strangely familiar to me. Today I just purchased a Lero guitar for 10 bucks out of the Buy and Sell in Winnipeg. Dark sunburst, a manually twistable bridge, two pick-up switches and yup the weird whammy system too. My model is a hollowbody, in fact thats the only reason I purchased it. The things is I dont know where this guitar was stored for the last 25 years or so...but it actually smells! Do you have any pics of the guitar you're working on? I'd love to see them....what are the chances of twoo of these smelly guitars surviving all these years?
: Thanks.
: JMS Winnipeg Manitoba

I have a Lero guitare who has the same specifications as yours, the {primitive}whammy system is actually a bigsby bridge. mine is in perfect condition, I am currently putting a nut cause mine was missing. it's a hollow body electric guitar and it sounds great.

Information on Lero Guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Information on Lero Guitars

: : Greetings!I'm currently fixing a Lero electric guitar for a friend. It is approximately 35 years old and is in decent condition. It needs new tuning keys, a new pod for the tone knob, a new jack, etc. it looks very retro and is a dark sunburst color. It has a very thick neck, a bridge you can twist manualy to change the action and the oldest whammy system I have ever seen. Serves like a primitive spring version of a floyd rose. The tone isn't bad and there is two pickup switches to turn each of the single coils off or on (resembles that of a hoffner bass). When fixed i presume it will be a great little guitar and if not, I can smash it on stage!

: Your description of your friends guitar you're fixing sounds strangely familiar to me. Today I just purchased a Lero guitar for 10 bucks out of the Buy and Sell in Winnipeg. Dark sunburst, a manually twistable bridge, two pick-up switches and yup the weird whammy system too. My model is a hollowbody, in fact thats the only reason I purchased it. The things is I dont know where this guitar was stored for the last 25 years or so...but it actually smells! Do you have any pics of the guitar you're working on? I'd love to see them....what are the chances of twoo of these smelly guitars surviving all these years?

hay i have a tele copy lero just about 2 test drive it
if either of u want to sell conract me NO gutar deserves to be smashed no matter how desperate u may be let your playing b what they take home not the unnecessary death of some kids future

I have just fixed a semi-hollow double cutaway red Léro. It looks pretty good and it doesn't sound so bad since I've plugged it in my digitech multistation. I'm trying to find out more about the guitar and the company that makes them other that they made in Japan(or at least that's where they were made some 40 years ago). Any information will be welcomed.

: Hello I'm just trying to fix up my very first guitar.. It's a Lero.. I'm just wondering if there is a way to find a new bridge.. Mine was lost years ago if someone could help me it would be great.

: : yo I too have a lero guitar that fits exactlly to how you described yours. It was my moms from when my grandfather bought it for her in the 70's if you have any pics of this guitar plz email them too me i belive theres three of these guitars left!!

Hey there. I am trying to find out the worth of a lero electric guitar. My boyfriend just found one in my parents house. It is a basic model with amp. It does have the sunburst design also. But no bells and whistles. He replaced the strings and it sounds awesome, but it doesn't want to stay in tune. Sounds like he might have to replace the tuning knobs also. Would anyone know the worth of a Lero Guitar. We figure it dates back to the mid 70's. And is in excellent condition.

i also found a lero guitar. i bauth it from a friend of mine for 10 bucks. it was in really bad shape and i'm trying to fix it up. it sounds like the one up there that he is talking about, same bridge, wammy bar, etc etc.. but mine has no original paint left on it, it was painted yellow from top to bottom. what i'd like to know is what the original paint looked like, a picture of it would be VERY aprechiated. i have pictures of mine so if anyone wants to take a look i took a bunch in detail (screws, pichups, full guitar, bridge, etc...) the neck is the part thats in the worst shape and need alto of repair but it's holding togother real good, it's just that the guy who tried to fix it last time put glue from a gluegun in it. anyways, if anyone has a pciture for me PLZ EMAIL ME WITH INFO. matliolec@hotmail.com

Hi,
I have a Lero Stratocaster copy that I got about 26 years ago and it was already about 10 yrs old. It's light woodgrain with a black pickguard and needs a new jack and switches as all you hear is buzzing and static. But the touch is great and it's a fun guitar to play and still looks GREAT! It was my first electric guitar, and it's worth getting fixed.

: i also found a lero guitar. i bauth it from a friend of mine for 10 bucks. it was in really bad shape and i'm trying to fix it up. it sounds like the one up there that he is talking about, same bridge, wammy bar, etc etc.. but mine has no original paint left on it, it was painted yellow from top to bottom. what i'd like to know is what the original paint looked like, a picture of it would be VERY aprechiated. i have pictures of mine so if anyone wants to take a look i took a bunch in detail (screws, pichups, full guitar, bridge, etc...) the neck is the part thats in the worst shape and need alto of repair but it's holding togother real good, it's just that the guy who tried to fix it last time put glue from a gluegun in it. anyways, if anyone has a pciture for me PLZ EMAIL ME WITH INFO. matliolec@hotmail.com

Hey, my friend got a Lero guitar and I bought it off him.. its in pretty rough shape but I think I'm gonna repaint it. its like an SG knockoff and if you guys email me I got pics of it

I have a Lero that matches your description but mine is a solidbody. Is there a market for these? Mine is actually very nice.

Lero Guitars

Lero Guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : Lero Guitars

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.