Re: Fender Balboa

Advertisement
Posted by Mike on Fri, 04/13/07 - 08:55:33.

If you search out the description of this guitar, it would tell you it has Mahogany sides and back. If yours is Rosewood, then it is probably the first year they made these. Check the serial number on the label, the last 3 digits should be less that 250. Rumour has it the Factory had cut out a number of blanks for this guitar with rosewood then there was a fire the destroyed these blanks so they made the rest out of Mahogany. I don't have any confirmation about this but I have a Balboa made the first year and my last three digits are 050 and mine is rosewood back and sides. btw they are pretty good pickups. Value around $400.00 US or more , depending on condition.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Fender Balboa

Have a friend that peg head got broken in a fan.Is the neck a bolt on?If so how do we otain a new replacement neck.Don't have the serial number at the present.

Thanks,
Terry

: If you search out the description of this guitar, it would tell you it has Mahogany sides and back. If yours is Rosewood, then it is probably the first year they made these. Check the serial number on the label, the last 3 digits should be less that 250. Rumour has it the Factory had cut out a number of blanks for this guitar with rosewood then there was a fire the destroyed these blanks so they made the rest out of Mahogany. I don't have any confirmation about this but I have a Balboa made the first year and my last three digits are 050 and mine is rosewood back and sides. btw they are pretty good pickups. Value around $400.00 US or more , depending on condition.

I have a Fender Balboa rosewood back and sides but no electrics.If anyone out their has any info I would like to hear it

My Balboa serial number ends 275 and it also has a Rosewood back any comments please.

Regards Harry.

I have a Balboa and the last 3 digits on mine are 048. It has rosewood sides and back and a mahagony neck. It is a beautiful guitar. What kind of pickup does it actually have? Mine has never worked properly. I think one like this in VGC should be worth much more than $400. Maybe $1000 to a Fender collector? It is a rare piece!
David McGouirk

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.