Ry Cooder tunings

Posted by bostjan on Thu, 05/24/01 - 04:13:44.

I would like to know the eksact tunings for two Cooder pieces : for Maria Elena and for The Main Theme from Southern Comfort movie. I think that the first piece ( M. Elena ) is in open C and the second in double dropped D but I am not sure. I would be very pleased if you provide me these informations. Have a good time listening good music ! Boštjan from Slovenia ( Europe )

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

tuning for the things that make her rich?

I am a huge fan, since 1960 or so. Got blown away early by an instrumental in the movie,
performance. Then every album I got was better than the next. This guy is one of the top
three players in the world, imho. (ford and johnson are the others). Tattler and the one above are just huge.
I need to know the tuning so I can figure this tune out.

Re: Ry Cooder tunings

I'm not sure about Maria Elena but I do know that the Theme for Southern Comfort is using a typical Ry Cooder tuning of DADF#AD. After months of study I worked it out. You can see my attempt here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbgdPgS1SqI good luck!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.