Madeira M'Dear (From At the Drop of a Hat) Recorded by The Limel

Advertisement
Posted by Mike Smith on Thu, 03/13/03 - 10:24:01.
In Reply to Renegade OLGA

To Whom It May Concern:
I have been searching the internet for several months trying to find the GUITAR CHORDS for a song composed by the
British writing team of "Michael Flanders & Donald Swann." The titled of the song is "Have Some Madeira M'Dear."
The song is from Flanders & Swann's musical review "At The Drop Of A Hat" which I believe dates from the mid-fifities.
The only performance of the song I have ever heard was on a recording by the folk trio "The Limeliters." The Album
the song was featured on was entitled "Tonight - In Person, The Limeliters (Live)" On that album, the title of the song
was listed as "Maderia M'Dear (From At the Drop of a Hat)." That album dated from the early 60s. It is the guitar chords
and their placement relative to the lyrics that the Limeliters used on that recording that I am in search of. FYI - I have
found the lyrics on several sights but none have included the guitar chords. Many thanks to anyone out there in cyber
land who can help me with my quest for both the lyrics and the guitar chords to this song.
Regards, Mike Smith

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Madeira M'Dear (From At the Drop of a Hat) Recorded by The Limeliters

Hi,

I have a casette tape copy of the Limelighters Maderia M'dear and relish every opportunity I have to listen to it. However, the Limelighters version IS Not the first one I ever heard. That honor goes to the late Tony Randall (Felix on the Odd Couple TV show) whom I saw on TV many years ago, dressed up like a dirty old man, and singing the song. It was a HOOT and I highly recommend it to anyone who may be able to track down the performance. For what it's worth, this would have been on ABC, CBS, or NBC and probably in the 1970's. Good luck...

Paul

Re: Madeira M'Dear (From At the Drop of a Hat) Recorded by The Limeliters

: To Whom It May Concern:
: I have been searching the internet for several months trying to find the GUITAR CHORDS for a song composed by the
: British writing team of "Michael Flanders & Donald Swann." The titled of the song is "Have Some Madeira M'Dear."
: The song is from Flanders & Swann's musical review "At The Drop Of A Hat" which I believe dates from the mid-fifities.
: The only performance of the song I have ever heard was on a recording by the folk trio "The Limeliters." The Album
: the song was featured on was entitled "Tonight - In Person, The Limeliters (Live)" On that album, the title of the song
: was listed as "Maderia M'Dear (From At the Drop of a Hat)." That album dated from the early 60s. It is the guitar chords
: and their placement relative to the lyrics that the Limeliters used on that recording that I am in search of. FYI - I have
: found the lyrics on several sights but none have included the guitar chords. Many thanks to anyone out there in cyber
: land who can help me with my quest for both the lyrics and the guitar chords to this song.
: Regards, Mike Smith

Re: Madeira M'Dear (From At the Drop of a Hat) Recorded by The L

Madeira M'Dear (From At the Drop of a Hat) Recorded by The L

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Madeira M'Dear (From At the Drop of a Hat) Recorded by The L

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.