Re: i have a pilgrim guitar do you?

Posted by Gareth Boyes on Wed, 08/08/01 - 16:04:00.

I too have a Pilgrim guitar and would be interested to seer a description of yours. Ive owned mine for at leasty 14 years and bought it 2nd hand from local music store, with following spec

Electro Acoustic(not active pick up)
Round back(similar to ovation) and cutaway
3 piece neck - blond maple sandwiched between mahogany sides
Rosewood fingerboard
Teak bridge
Brass string pegs
Gotoh machine heads
Not sure of top wood type
Serial no663 model I
distributed by FGM wholesale, 11 Kings St, Leicester 543486

Plays well, and sounds better through an amp(Fender Ultimate Chorus). I`ve not seen one of these guitars before and started to think it was custom made.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

I have a browm semi acoustic,model IAE with the pickup built inside, gotoh machine heads, 3 piece neck, with the bone sandwiched between, bone pegs, bone strip around the outside edge and pearl inlays on the rosewood fret board and I think the top is cedar. I bought it secondhand 8 years ago from what is now known as academy of sound for £350.00. I was told the guy who made them was taken to court by ovation and stopped from making them. He then went to work for pattrick eggle. The cost of them new was approx £850.00.
All the pilgrims were hand made

: I too have a Pilgrim guitar and would be interested to seer a description of yours. Ive owned mine for at leasty 14 years and bought it 2nd hand from local music store, with following spec

: Electro Acoustic(not active pick up)
: Round back(similar to ovation) and cutaway
: 3 piece neck - blond maple sandwiched between mahogany sides
: Rosewood fingerboard
: Teak bridge
: Brass string pegs
: Gotoh machine heads
: Not sure of top wood type
: Serial no663 model I
: distributed by FGM wholesale, 11 Kings St, Leicester 543486

: Plays well, and sounds better through an amp(Fender Ultimate Chorus). I`ve not seen one of these guitars before and started to think it was custom made.

I have one a model 1 number 1925. of all the many guitars i have owned it is still the best in every respect. done too many gigs with it to remember. lovely even tempered instrument which surprises everyone who plays it. beautiful neck profile. apparently a 12 string was made but i've never seen one. had mine from new 17 yrs

I have what sounds like exactly the same model a yours, now well worn and well loved. The only difference seems to be the bridge pins, which were wooden on mine from when I bought it, and have not been changed.

Bought mine from a music shop in York, now long gone. I fitted a contact mic under the bridge, with an external pre-amp to avoid cutting up the guitar. It sounds great, but still sounds better mic'd up. The neck profile is my favourite of any guitar I've ever owned.
Please mail with more info

I have what sounds like exactly the same model a yours, now well worn and well loved. The only difference seems to be the bridge pins, which were wooden on mine from when I bought it, and have not been changed.

Bought mine from a music shop in York, now long gone. I fitted a contact mic under the bridge, with an external pre-amp to avoid cutting up the guitar. It sounds great, but still sounds better mic'd up. The neck profile is my favourite of any guitar I've ever owned.
Please mail with more info

I too have a Model 1. It has been through the wars over the years, but is still much prized. Unfortunately the neck has bowed slightly and the bottom button has been pushed into the body, breaking the Fibre glass. I had no idea that they were so special.

: Bought mine from a music shop in York, now long gone. I fitted a contact mic under the bridge, with an external pre-amp to avoid cutting up the guitar. It sounds great, but still sounds better mic'd up. The neck profile is my favourite of any guitar I've ever owned.
: Please mail with more info

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.