James' Kenneth Lawrence Explorer

Posted by Duff on Mon, 12/27/04 - 01:20:28.

Hey all. James Hetfield uses a tree-brownish Ken Lawrence Explorer. I read on a website, that it was made specially for him, but I've also seen a guy on www.pointyguitars.com (great guitars by the way) having the exact same guitar. Can anyone help me finding out how I can get my fingers to that(or a simile) guitar?! PLEASE help me.

Duff

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: James' Kenneth Lawrence Explorer

: Hey all. James Hetfield uses a tree-brownish Ken Lawrence Explorer. I read on a website, that it was made specially for him, but I've also seen a guy on www.pointyguitars.com (great guitars by the way) having the exact same guitar. Can anyone help me finding out how I can get my fingers to that(or a simile) guitar?! PLEASE help me.

: Duff

hi may name i jon i can build/ make you a guitar email jhcustomsguitars@aol.com

: Hey all. James Hetfield uses a tree-brownish Ken Lawrence Explorer. I read on a website, that it was made specially for him, but I've also seen a guy on www.pointyguitars.com (great guitars by the way) having the exact same guitar. Can anyone help me finding out how I can get my fingers to that(or a simile) guitar?! PLEASE help me.

alex

Ken Lawrence lives in CA and will make you the exact same explorer for $6500

You kan either buy ESP LTD FX260 or FX400 - they're not exactly the shape of the original explorer, they're a little sharper, but they also have a wonderful natural finish.
Or you could build onw yourself.
Or you could contact Mr. Ken Lawrence himself to build you one.

Costs:
a) 400 respectively 700 dollars. (passive/active pickups)
b) about 300-400 dollars, depending on your skills and the hardware you use
c) up to 6500 dollars

Hey,

I just wanted to let you know that I have a Ken Lawrence Custom Replica ... I read that you want to get your hands on one, so we could talk about it and blablabla you know ...

just write me back for whatever...

Co co_couzino@hotmail.com

: i want to know for how much
: Hey,

: I just wanted to let you know that I have a Ken Lawrence Custom Replica ... I read that you want to get your hands on one, so we could talk about it and blablabla you know ...

: just write me back for whatever...

: Co co_couzino@hotmail.com

RE: you can have them made but youre looking at 5 grand and up. the maker of that guitar mainly makes basses. ive heard of private guitar makers making them but not at a cheap price. you just have to hunt down a guitar maker who wil do it.

There's one on ebay right now - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7338225071&category=33038&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

I can make you an exact replica of the JH Che Chin explorer CAll me 702-875-4552

: : Hey all. James Hetfield uses a tree-brownish Ken Lawrence Explorer. I read on a website, that it was made specially for him, but I've also seen a guy on www.pointyguitars.com (great guitars by the way) having the exact same guitar. Can anyone help me finding out how I can get my fingers to that(or a simile) guitar?! PLEASE help me.

: : Duff

visit http://www.TheGuitarCustomShop.com

check warmoth.com. it's a build your own guitar site. i warn you ken lawrence necks are expensive!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2018 , All Rights Reserved.