kiso suzuki F-10 guitar

Posted by ray nelson on Sun, 02/15/04 - 16:32:54.

In addition to the #7,that I am wishing info on, I have a kiso suzuki F-10. Can anyone give me info on the age &value of this model?Thanks

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Suzuki F10

I have a Suzuki F10 I purchased new in 1971 for $55.00 Cdn and am still playing it. It has been played hard at parties, used on stage, and played lots around campfires. It still sounds great, better than a lot of other guitars I have tried - it has mellowed over the years, but with a new set of strings it just sings... Would like to get a better idea of where this guitar was made. I only has the paper label under the middle of the sound-hole with F10 printed on it - no serial numbers or other.

kiso suzuki F10

Hey, I have a kiso suzuki F10 as well, brought it for 35 english pounds when I was 15, i'm 35 now and only recently brought an electro acoustic for playing live, thats how much i love this guitar. It has a great tone esp for playing lead, is comfortable to hold, has a close action and you can leave it for 6 months and it'll stay in tune. Its not very loud but is perfect for the bedroom/flat player or learner. My new guitar costs 500 pounds and has some great wood, features but the old kiso still can take the pepsi challenge when it comes to certain things. I've brought many things in my life but the Kiso when i was 15 hands down represents the most value for money thing i've brought in relation to time spent providing enjoyment.

Always wondered about where it came from and from the limited info on the internet i've come to the conclusion its not worth very much (doesn't have the features to make it a vintage i.e. no solid top, bottom, doesn't have a one piece neck) but is a hidden gem and all owners love this guitar and have usually kept it for many years. So i plan on keeping mine and handing it down to my son or daughter. If it was really made in 1968 then i'd love my family to still be playing it in 2068.

Re: kiso suzuki F-10 guitar

: In addition to the #7,that I am wishing info on, I have a kiso suzuki F-10. Can anyone give me info on the age &value of this model?Thanks

Hi Ray,

I too have an F10 Kiso Suzuki Violin Co.,Ltd guitar (there doesn't appear to be too many of us about!!), but I don't think this adds to the rarity value, although I'd love to be proved wrong.

I purchased mine in 1976 for £8.00 (UK)and was informed then that it was about 8 years old (making it circa 1968). With regards value, I suggest you read all of the leads shown on this page and you will come to the conclusion that it could be worth £20 or £2000 depending on how gullible you want to be. Having read the blurb on these pages, my own impression is that the F10 was a lower priced instrument and potentially, not of vintage value, despite its vintage age. The arguments continue regarding their desirability and hence their value.

Having said that, I still own mine (for the last 32 years)and it is a great `BBQ' or `party' guitar, which is about the only time it comes out these days. Many years ago I covered the front of mine with postage stamps and varnished over them to stop them coming off (yes, I know this is a henious crime, but it certainly gives it a wow factor to non muso's at aforementioned gatherings).

I've been playing bass now for about 25 years, so the F10 doesn't get used a great deal, but it is certainly a nice warm sounding instrument, stays in tune and cannot really be faulted. It will probably be passed down to one of my grandkids.

I think all of the guff about the history and apparent mystery surrounding these guitars just adds to the intrigue and appeal of them. If you did get a response as to the F10's value, I would love to hear from you, but mine is past redemption (value wise) as I also put a pick on it back then which necessitated drilling holes in it!! (shock horror).

If you want to trade photographs, I could oblige as I cannot really remember what the front of mine looked like!

Best regards
Rob Byrne

I own a f-10, I purchased it in 2005 for $125 at a guitar shop in Oregon. I LOVE THIS GUITAR. I have an $800 Alvarez but prefer to play the Suzuki. THANK YOU SO MUCH for posting the year the guitar was made, Ive been trying to figure it out since I bought it. This is an awesome guitar that I will keep for the rest of my life- Amazing tone and it stays in tune! Im pretty sure this is a rare one, so if you have one, hold on to it, there's probably not too many left.

I own a f-10, I purchased it in 2005 for $125 at a guitar shop in Oregon. I LOVE THIS GUITAR. I have an $800 Alvarez but prefer to play the Suzuki. THANK YOU SO MUCH for posting the year the guitar was made, Ive been trying to figure it out since I bought it. This is an awesome guitar that I will keep for the rest of my life- Amazing tone and it stays in tune! Im pretty sure this is a rare one, so if you have one, hold on to it, there's probably not too many left.

Hey, I have a kiso suzuki

Hey, I have a kiso suzuki F10 as well, brought it for 35 english pounds when I was 15, i'm 35 now and only recently brought an electro acoustic for playing live, thats how much i love this guitar. It has a great tone esp for playing lead, is comfortable to hold, has a close action and you can leave it for 6 months and it'll stay in tune. Its not very loud but is perfect for the bedroom/flat player or learner. My new guitar costs 500 pounds and has some great wood, features but the old kiso still can take the pepsi challenge when it comes to certain things. I've brought many things in my life but the Kiso when i was 15 hands down represents the most value for money thing i've brought in relation to time spent providing enjoyment.

Always wondered about where it came from and from the limited info on the internet i've come to the conclusion its not worth very much (doesn't have the features to make it a vintage i.e. no solid top, bottom, doesn't have a one piece neck) but is a hidden gem and all owners love this guitar and have usually kept it for many years. So i plan on keeping mine and handing it down to my son or daughter. If it was really made in 1968 then i'd love my family to still be playing it in 2068.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.