About "Suzuki"

Posted by tetsu on Sat, 06/05/04 - 08:38:36.

Hi,

I'm tetsu. in Japan. Although my english strange, please forgive me. I got W-300 for a week ago and it has a nice sound. May be you know about this information of Kiso Suzuki, but many people uses english don't know about Suzuki well. Because Suzuki is Japanese company.

Kiso Suzuki is old name of it company, now we call "Suzuki Violin". There is Nagoya City Aichi pref. Japan. this company is making a violin, a cello, a viola, a contrabass, and mandolin etc... but it's NOT making and repairing a guitar. Because there are no workperson to make a guitar and there are no drawing. This is why a guitar printed "kiso suzuki" or "Three S" is very rare.
Suzuki was built by Mr.Suzuki Masakichi. May be Suzuki made guitars till first stage of the 80s (it means all Suzuki guitar is senior than me). Suzuki sometime made a guitar as OEM (ex. HILLBILLY, Tomson, sonoro, Watson, kansas, ƒ^ƒPƒnƒ‹(Takeharu)).
In Japan, many people uses Suzuki guitar, but it's minor than Yamaha, Yairi or Morris. Suzuki guitar's Model No. means price of it. For example, W-300 is 30000 yen, AE-25 is 25000 yen.(1 dollar is about 110 yen. But during then to now, inflation was occured in Japan. By my mother's speaking, the value of money then was twice as today's it. It means W-300 is about 550 dollars today.) I think it is inexpensive, but I bought my W-300 for 15.5 dollars at auction;-))

It's no context information, but I wish this information helps you. If you have an question, please tell me. I'll search on HomePage it was written on Japanese.

have a nice life with Suzuki guitar.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Guitars worth

I have a kiso Suzuki violin co. Model 9500 I want to sell but want to make sure I don't under sell it. It's got a missing tuning peg and a "dig" just to the right of sound hole. Doesn't affect sound though. Can someone point me in right direction... Thanks in advance!

Violão Threes Modelo AE-20S SÉRIE: 821115

Primeiramente me permitam dizer que estou no Brasil e que meu inglês é horrivel então usarei um tradutor online para expressar minhas palavras ok. Tenho em mãos um instrumento, acredito eu que, muito raro. Modelo AE-20S SÉRIE: 821115. Gostaria de saber detalhes da fabricação e origem dele!

First let me say that I am in Brazil and my English is horrible so I will use an online translator to express my words ok. I have a tool at hand, I think that's very rare. Model AE-20S SERIES: 821 115. I would like to know details of manufacture and origin of it!

Suzuki Three S

Hi,
I have a Suzuki Three S (named on the headstock as well as with Three S logo on label inside guitar) dreadnought guitar. I am trying to figure out quite what model it is, and what it is worth for insurance purposes. I know that it was bought around 1976 by my friend, Sandy. I always coveted it from the first time he let me play it - and he left it to me when he died far too young in 1999. I play it most every day (I used to play a Yamaha, but never touched it again once I restrung the Suzuki).

The label has a number (3180) and serial number(?) RM 25537 and says "Nagoya Japan". Anyone have any bright ideas how I can pin down model number and monetary value - sentimental value is priceless, and its sound is absolutely gorgeous.

Your Suzuki acoustic

Hi Marcus,

Your guitar sounds pretty much identical to mine. My label number is 3180 and serial number is RM 26321. If you look inside the soundhole at the bottom of the heel block you will see the date of manufacture stamped. (Mine is 770212 hence 12th February 1977). Your guess of 1976 for your guitar would be spot on.
If you receive this message, come back to me via email, we can talk more. I am in Cumbria, United Kingdom.

Regards - Roger Turner

About ''Suzuki''

hello there am from the great white north.yes i'm a eskimo ;p i just wanted to know if y'all know anything about Suzuki ''Nagoya'' model SD310C,it sounds pretty sweet i play with it everyday,i just want to know if it's a rare guitar?thnx in advance i'll check back here often for answers......

Guitar value

I found this Suzuki model W-1000BB in a pawn shop back in the 1980's in ment condition. Does anyone know its worth?

kiso suzuki 9500

Hi. I recently purchased a kiso suzuki 9500 from a charity shop. Its in fantastic condition and the tone is beautiful. There is no serial that i can see so i was just wondering if you had any information on how long these guitars were ij production for and also if it was worth the £40 i paid for it. I think its well worth the money i paid :) So just really looking for date of it and value.
My email steven.henery@gmail.com

Thanks
Steveb

Re: About

: Hi,

i have a question. I have a Suzuki guitar with a label that says S5. Do you know anything about it?

: I'm tetsu. in Japan. Although my english strange, please forgive me. I got W-300 for a week ago and it has a nice sound. May be you know about this information of Kiso Suzuki, but many people uses english don't know about Suzuki well. Because Suzuki is Japanese company.

: Kiso Suzuki is old name of it company, now we call "Suzuki Violin". There is Nagoya City Aichi pref. Japan. this company is making a violin, a cello, a viola, a contrabass, and mandolin etc... but it's NOT making and repairing a guitar. Because there are no workperson to make a guitar and there are no drawing. This is why a guitar printed "kiso suzuki" or "Three S" is very rare.
: Suzuki was built by Mr.Suzuki Masakichi. May be Suzuki made guitars till first stage of the 80s (it means all Suzuki guitar is senior than me). Suzuki sometime made a guitar as OEM (ex. HILLBILLY, Tomson, sonoro, Watson, kansas, ƒ^ƒPƒnƒ‹(Takeharu)).
: In Japan, many people uses Suzuki guitar, but it's minor than Yamaha, Yairi or Morris. Suzuki guitar's Model No. means price of it. For example, W-300 is 30000 yen, AE-25 is 25000 yen.(1 dollar is about 110 yen. But during then to now, inflation was occured in Japan. By my mother's speaking, the value of money then was twice as today's it. It means W-300 is about 550 dollars today.) I think it is inexpensive, but I bought my W-300 for 15.5 dollars at auction;-))

: It's no context information, but I wish this information helps you. If you have an question, please tell me. I'll search on HomePage it was written on Japanese.

: have a nice life with Suzuki guitar.

Hello Tetsu, I have a Kiso-Susuki Classical Guitar in good condition. On the label it says G-150 80348. Do you know how much it is worth? Thanks!

"Three S"guitar model AE-20s

Anybody have any information on this model?

Three S. AE-20S guitar

I would know something about this guitar.

To dianne, suzuki G-150 +catalogs

Hello,

About suzuki G-150, the guitar price was 15.000 Yen in japonese catalogs. So it was a cheap but good guitar. My father bought the same model new in France in 1981, for a price of 1000 francs, which mean 150 euros now. So, around 200 $. It was his classical guitar teacher who went with him in the shop and recommended this model to my father after trying it.

It's not pricy, i think the top is laminate but good sounding, i really love mine.

Greetings from france, and sorry for my english !

PS : here are some catalogs of suzuki folk guitars http://www.t-shiga.com/sub7-5-1.htm

: Hello Tetsu, I have a Kiso-Susuki Classical Guitar in good condition. On the label it says G-150 80348. Do you know how much it is worth? Thanks!

I am trying to find the value of the Suzuki mandelin my grandfather brought back from WW two it is the bowl type in very good condition. with the designation of a printed (NO.) and stamped (4). Does this mean it was the 4th one made? it has the original label and still plays fine.: Hi,

: I'm tetsu. in Japan. Although my english strange, please forgive me. I got W-300 for a week ago and it has a nice sound. May be you know about this information of Kiso Suzuki, but many people uses english don't know about Suzuki well. Because Suzuki is Japanese company.

: Kiso Suzuki is old name of it company, now we call "Suzuki Violin". There is Nagoya City Aichi pref. Japan. this company is making a violin, a cello, a viola, a contrabass, and mandolin etc... but it's NOT making and repairing a guitar. Because there are no workperson to make a guitar and there are no drawing. This is why a guitar printed "kiso suzuki" or "Three S" is very rare.
: Suzuki was built by Mr.Suzuki Masakichi. May be Suzuki made guitars till first stage of the 80s (it means all Suzuki guitar is senior than me). Suzuki sometime made a guitar as OEM (ex. HILLBILLY, Tomson, sonoro, Watson, kansas, ƒ^ƒPƒnƒ‹(Takeharu)).
: In Japan, many people uses Suzuki guitar, but it's minor than Yamaha, Yairi or Morris. Suzuki guitar's Model No. means price of it. For example, W-300 is 30000 yen, AE-25 is 25000 yen.(1 dollar is about 110 yen. But during then to now, inflation was occured in Japan. By my mother's speaking, the value of money then was twice as today's it. It means W-300 is about 550 dollars today.) I think it is inexpensive, but I bought my W-300 for 15.5 dollars at auction;-))

: It's no context information, but I wish this information helps you. If you have an question, please tell me. I'll search on HomePage it was written on Japanese.

Kiso Suzuki W-1000BB

Hi, I just inherited a Kiso Suzuki acoustic. The Model is W-1000BB. I cant find documentation anywhere. I would like to know if it is worth restoring. It has fret rattle on a few frets and is unfortunately pretty bad.
Everything is original on it. The tone from this guitar is quite amazing within the playable areas on the fretboard.
What is this guitar worth and is it worth restoring to a playable state?
Thanks,
Scott.

Re: Kiso Suzuki W-1000BB

The same model guitar as what you have inherited sold on EBay for ~$250. The guitar was in very decent shape. Hope this gives you an idea on whether or not to invest in your guitar.

Darrin

I´m Ingo from Germany. Maybe you can help me.I have got a Suzuki #12. Can you give me some information about it? I would like to know in which year it was build and how much it is worth. I cannot find any information about this model.. Thank you for helping me.
Regards,

Ingo

I have a Kiso Suzuki model #50
Please can you help with age or maker anything
My life is nice with Suzuki guitar
George

Re: About Suzuki Model E 1 Acoustic Guitar

Anyone have any info on an older, M Suzuki Model E 1 guitar. Don't know the exact date of manufactuer and can't find much info. Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Konnichi wa Tetsu san,

O tasukete onegai shimasu,

I bought very old beautiful Suzuki classical acoustic guitar. Beautiful old style Label in guitar says it is factory number 34 (very low number!?). Produced in Nagoya.

I would be very grateful for any advice as to production or value?

Honto ni arigato gozaimasu

Arno

Re: About "Suzuki Threes Model A330A

Hi I'm Joe from Vancouver Canada and I just across a Suzuki AD330A and wondering if anyone has information of this guitar and it's price. The guitar sounds great.

: Hi I'm Joe from Vancouver Canada and I just across a Suzuki AD330A and wondering if anyone has information of this guitar and it's price. The guitar sounds great.

I have one as well. Purchased it in 1978. Still have it, still play it ... sounds great. I had it appraised last year at $1,500.00.

Re: Kiso Suzuki

Hello... I'm Legis from Jakarta, Indonesia and I just wan't to know about TOMSON guitar brand. I need more information about my guitar type. 2 guitar TOMSON brand i have, Tomson Spirit Sounds - white colour (strato type) and Tomson Les Paul type-black colour. TOMSON it's realy Kiso Suzuki-JAPAN product? How olders TOMSON and GRECO start produce in Japan?
As long as far Tomson guitar have a good sounds...i like that.

Re: Kiso Suzuki

Hello... I'm Legis from Jakarta, Indonesia and I just wan't to know about TOMSON guitar brand. I need more information about my guitar type. 2 guitar TOMSON brand i have, Tomson Spirit Sounds - white colour (strato type) and Tomson Les Paul type-black colour. TOMSON it's realy Kiso Suzuki-JAPAN product? How olders TOMSON and GRECO start produce in Japan?
As long as far Tomson guitar have a good sounds...i like that.

Hi I'm Joe from Vancouver Canada and I just across a Suzuki AD330A and wondering if anyone has information of this guitar and it's price. The guitar sounds great.

mendolion for sale

hi i feel pleasure 2 inform u that i v got a mendolion manufactured by ur company in 1962 with its origional case n stiker pasted inside the intrument i want to sale it back to ur company let me know about the price'terms n comditions ill be waiting 4 a favourable reply as soom as possile tahnx

Kiso Suzuki mandolin model MR-30

:I have a Suzuki Model MR-30 mandolin. Can you give me any information about value and time made?

Thanks,
Tom

Hi,

Suzuki mandolin 190

I have a 60 year old suzuki model 190, in perfect condition with original carrying case. Can you please give me a guide to it's
valuation for insurance purposes?

Thank You

Re: Kiso Suzuki mandolin

I have a Suzuki Mandolin. This is what label says:
Trade "S/Violin" Mark (very large S over the word Violin)
Mandolin (very large Letters)
Suzuki-Violin-Sha
1969 No. X68/805
Kiso-Fukushima

There are no words on top of fret board above tuning keys.

Please tell me what you can about this instrument. It appears to be in good shape.

Thank you, John.

Re: Kiso Suzuki mandolin model MR-200

I am looking for a tail-piece for this instrument. Thank you for your site. Jerry

: : I'm tetsu. in Japan. Although my english strange, please forgive me. I got W-300 for a week ago and it has a nice sound. May be you know about this information of Kiso Suzuki, but many people uses english don't know about Suzuki well. Because Suzuki is Japanese company.

: : Kiso Suzuki is old name of it company, now we call "Suzuki Violin". There is Nagoya City Aichi pref. Japan. this company is making a violin, a cello, a viola, a contrabass, and mandolin etc... but it's NOT making and repairing a guitar. Because there are no workperson to make a guitar and there are no drawing. This is why a guitar printed "kiso suzuki" or "Three S" is very rare.
: : Suzuki was built by Mr.Suzuki Masakichi. May be Suzuki made guitars till first stage of the 80s (it means all Suzuki guitar is senior than me). Suzuki sometime made a guitar as OEM (ex. HILLBILLY, Tomson, sonoro, Watson, kansas, ƒ^ƒPƒnƒ‹(Takeharu)).
: : In Japan, many people uses Suzuki guitar, but it's minor than Yamaha, Yairi or Morris. Suzuki guitar's Model No. means price of it. For example, W-300 is 30000 yen, AE-25 is 25000 yen.(1 dollar is about 110 yen. But during then to now, inflation was occured in Japan. By my mother's speaking, the value of money then was twice as today's it. It means W-300 is about 550 dollars today.) I think it is inexpensive, but I bought my W-300 for 15.5 dollars at auction;-))

: : It's no context information, but I wish this information helps you. If you have an question, please tell me. I'll search on HomePage it was written on Japanese.

: : have a nice life with Suzuki guitar.

Re:suzuki mandolin m-80

:hallo, i would like to inform me what label of strings is used for a new suzuki m-80 mandolin.

Thank you.

Re: Kiso Suzuki mandolin model MR-30

Talking about value: I run a guitar shop for more then 30 years and sell out many Suzuki mandos. Price for mentioned model approx U$ 850. Model MR150 approx. U$ 1250.
Hopefully you have enough info.
Grtzz

: Thanks,
: Tom

: : I'm tetsu. in Japan. Although my english strange, please forgive me. I got W-300 for a week ago and it has a nice sound. May be you know about this information of Kiso Suzuki, but many people uses english don't know about Suzuki well. Because Suzuki is Japanese company.

: : Kiso Suzuki is old name of it company, now we call "Suzuki Violin". There is Nagoya City Aichi pref. Japan. this company is making a violin, a cello, a viola, a contrabass, and mandolin etc... but it's NOT making and repairing a guitar. Because there are no workperson to make a guitar and there are no drawing. This is why a guitar printed "kiso suzuki" or "Three S" is very rare.
: : Suzuki was built by Mr.Suzuki Masakichi. May be Suzuki made guitars till first stage of the 80s (it means all Suzuki guitar is senior than me). Suzuki sometime made a guitar as OEM (ex. HILLBILLY, Tomson, sonoro, Watson, kansas, ƒ^ƒPƒnƒ‹(Takeharu)).
: : In Japan, many people uses Suzuki guitar, but it's minor than Yamaha, Yairi or Morris. Suzuki guitar's Model No. means price of it. For example, W-300 is 30000 yen, AE-25 is 25000 yen.(1 dollar is about 110 yen. But during then to now, inflation was occured in Japan. By my mother's speaking, the value of money then was twice as today's it. It means W-300 is about 550 dollars today.) I think it is inexpensive, but I bought my W-300 for 15.5 dollars at auction;-))

: : It's no context information, but I wish this information helps you. If you have an question, please tell me. I'll search on HomePage it was written on Japanese.

: : have a nice life with Suzuki guitar.

tetso Hi!

do you know anything about the model 45?

Re: About "Suzuki"

Thank you for your help

Re: About "Suzuki"

There are Suzuki violin's HomePage.(But it's written on Japanese)
http://suzukiviolin.co.jp/

hi. do u know about Suzuki guitar (model no is 10). it s quite old. thnx in advance

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2016 , All Rights Reserved.