Old Takeharu guitar

Posted by Robert on Sat, 01/08/05 - 22:33:54.

I have an old Takeharu guitar from the early 1970's. It says Takeharu Guitar on the headstock with an emblem that looks like a crown and leaf on top, and two leaves under the words. It is a rather large accoustic. It is a light wood on the top, with a dark wood sides and back. The pick guard is very fancy and has a white bird, possibly a dove, and roses on it. The guitar looks very much like on Jim Croce used to play. It has a wonderful sound, and is easy to finger. I would like to know how much it is worth, and what model it is, or find out some place where I can find this information.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Takeharu WT-300

Hi all,
I hava a Takeharu WT-300 that I bought in a secondhand shop for a couple of hundred dollars a few years ago. Pristine guitar with a pristine case for being 38 years old. It looks like it has never been played. Still sounds great. Year 1976. Serial 60407. Anyone have any info on it?

price

it is a wtk200 12 string how much is it worth

TAKERARU OLD GIUTAR

In side guitar has T Yauram old made in Tokyo Japan.. GT 1/2 78809 0r 7cco9
Dated ;1977 with Tokyo design and crown designs T Yauram old
BEST HAND MADE CRAFTSMAN. The top neck has crows on word fancy Takeraru . neck pretty design no scratches looks like new. top of the hole fancy design..Like know more about this guitar bought to day.

Re: Old Takeharu guitar

: I also have a Takeharu guitar from the mid-late 1970's. It says Takeharu Guitar on the headstock with an emblem that looks like a crown and leaf on top, and two leaves under the words. It is a rather large accoustic. It is a light wood on the top, with a dark wood sides and back(with a light strip down the middle).It is model WK150 and I have never seen any others before. I would love to know something about them.

wk150

Hi, I just bought at auction the second Taka' that I have owned, mine is a WK150 , SN 80219, ,(the first one I reversed over in 1988 but still have the neck/fretboard,(undamaged)but mine has a large Triangular Maple stripe on the what apears to be Rosewood back, it plays like a dream, as my previous Taka' did.

I have A Takearu electric guitar which I love. I recently tried to get some infomation about it from a music store in Norwich where I live. They told me that the only info they had was in a guitar book called 'The Blue Book', (www.thebluebook.com. My guitar is a solid bodied model with 2 pick-ups and the takeharu name in mother of pearl on the top of the neck, apart from that there is no info on the guitar,not a made in ---- logo anywhere. Even though the guitar must be all of 25 yrs old it is still in great condition.

I have this same guitar and would be interested in any information you find regarding it. Likewise I will keep you posted. I believe mine is early 70's model WK 650 possible WB 650.

: I have a Takeharu Guitar model Folk WK-100 (Standard Western), manufactured 1978. I remember the price was 900 SEK in those days (100 EUR) in Sweden, 1979. I have used it all these years but yesterday I bought an Ibanez AEL20...

: I have this same guitar and would be interested in any information you find regarding it. Likewise I will keep you posted. I believe mine is early 70's model WK 650 possible WB 650.
Do you know what its worth today

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.