Re: Suzuki W-5025 Guitar

Posted by Matt on Fri, 06/03/05 - 07:11:23.

: Hi Roy, It seems to me that there are a lot of us in the same boat. My `Suzy` seems very similar to yours, but has got `Three sSs` on the headstock.
: Surely there must be someone somewhere who has the answers to all our questions.
: best of luck.....Nick.

I have been looking for years for info. My wife got her W5025, idential description of Roy's, in the late 1970's at "HECK Music co." in Ventura,Ca. It has played very nice over the years and we continue use it almost every day. It was originally about $300. My sister-in-law also got one at the same time, but it is slightly different in appearance. These are the only ones I have ever heard of.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

I've got a W-5025 bought second hand, has been played well by former owner, but after cleaning and setting it up is rings like a bell. Very good handling, though V - shape neck can be tiring on the hand. Very high value for the money.

: : Hi Roy, It seems to me that there are a lot of us in the same boat. My `Suzy` seems very similar to yours, but has got `Three sSs` on the headstock.
: : Surely there must be someone somewhere who has the answers to all our questions.
: : best of luck.....Nick.

:
: I have been looking for years for info. My wife got her W5025, idential description of Roy's, in the late 1970's at "HECK Music co." in Ventura,Ca. It has played very nice over the years and we continue use it almost every day. It was originally about $300. My sister-in-law also got one at the same time, but it is slightly different in appearance. These are the only ones I have ever heard of.

I just aquired a Suzuki W 5025 tonight, old and filthy; Headstock show Suzuki Three S, so it's a pre-Martin lawsuit one. 100 euros.
I'm going to clean it up; lt has a potential soundwise. Nice MOP rings ( double ones) around the soundhole, 3 piece back ( rosewood outside, birdseye maple in the middle). Looks like a multi layer top with nice undulating spruce on top.

: : Hi Roy, It seems to me that there are a lot of us in the same boat. My `Suzy` seems very similar to yours, but has got `Three sSs` on the headstock.
: : Surely there must be someone somewhere who has the answers to all our questions.
: : best of luck.....Nick.

:
: I have been looking for years for info. My wife got her W5025, idential description of Roy's, in the late 1970's at "HECK Music co." in Ventura,Ca. It has played very nice over the years and we continue use it almost every day. It was originally about $300. My sister-in-law also got one at the same time, but it is slightly different in appearance. These are the only ones I have ever heard of.

well from what i read , a article from a guy from japan, that it is pretty rare since they don't make guitars any more. the w5025 sre from the 70's i think 1977 or 1976. amd the serial no. is the price in yen. so 5024 x 100= then about 110 yen to the dollar. it came out about 4000.00 dollars that don't seem real back in those days. i think it prbably was like 546.00 dollars back then which was still alot of money. selling my need the money but it is a beautiful playing guitar.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.