Takeharu W400

Posted by Ray Hunter on Wed, 03/08/06 - 22:37:39.

After reading many messages, I have not seen any with a Takeharu Model W400. Could anybody who knows about this model tell me a bit about it, please.
Thank You

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Takeharu 400

I've owned this guitar (W-400) for the last 30 something years. I used to plug it into my Fender acoustic amp, with a Dean Markley pick up in sound hole, and I would match it up against any guitar of it's day, for the beautiful and full sound it put out. It sits atop my mantle in my music room, as the retired "old pro" it is. I've looked around years ago, and couldn't find ANYTHING about this guitar, but knew it was a beauty. It doesn't surprise me, that it would match up with the Martin of that era. i guess I should take it to a luthier to get it primed back up, like the old days. It has a few issues from MANY hours of playing, but sounds like it's worth it to fix up. Happy strummin' all!

Re: Takeharu W400

: After reading many messages, I have not seen any with a Takeharu Model W400. Could anybody who knows about this model tell me a bit about it, please.
: Thank You

I bought an acoustic guitar in 1985 which has a label inside writing M. Suzuki Model W-400. It is a nice and clean sounding acoustic guitar. One should take Phosphor-Bronze strings. I don't know whether it is the guitar you are writing about.
Mike

#W-400

I have owned one for 25 years. Real good wood in it. I have to say that it sounds pretty good. It has the same wood as an expensive Martin. I play it alot.I have played a good number of guitars and I could put this up against many. It has a soft sound. I had some work done on it and it is very easy to play. The action and intonation is quite good. Any ideas of value>

Re: Takeharu W400

I have a W500. It seems to be a Japan copy of Martin D-35 or D-45. The guitar is built in 1978. It must hav been good lokking in old days, but not a great sounding instrument. I fixed it from a bad condition, and has put in to mic systems in it Tor T√łnnessen

Takeharu W400

I have done the same with the w-400. Sounds pretty good through my Fender amp.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.