Kiso suzuki fe 150 1956

Posted by Andrew Carlin on Sun, 10/08/06 - 15:34:52.

i have recently aquired aformentioned guitar, was wondering if anyone had any info about possible value and history.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Kiso suzuki fe 150 1956

Hi
Suzuki were very good at making copies of well known guitars, Gibsons especially. Not only were they good copies they were good quality guitars. Is your guitar a copy of a Gibson - I would look for the Dove and Hummingbird. If it is it doesn't mean that it is valuable. A 1975 Suzuki copy of a Gibson Hummingbird in Cherry Sunburst colour ( I think they made them both in Cherry Sunburst and Black sold recently on eBay for about US$1200. A genuine 1969 Gibson Dove recently sold on eBay for around US$9000 and Gibson has just released a Gibson Dove "Elvis Presley" replica - yes Elvis did play one, for around US$4000.
I have a 1973 Suzuki 150D copy of a black Dove which is in near perfect condition and looks very much like the Elvis replica. It looks and plays brilliantly (according to my guitar teacher)but would only fetch about US$200 here in Australia. Hope this gives you some insight.
regards
Terry

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.