Re: Suzuki Acoustic (WR-150)

Posted by José Forte on Thu, 07/12/07 - 18:30:02.

: : Hi I have a Kiso-suzuki wr-150 serial(71024) I am wondering what it is worth to you? Thanks for your time.
: : Jeff Miller

: :
: : : This is was I e-mailed to the 1st site I saw on Suzuki Acoustics.> I just happened to be checking for sites on Suzuki's & yours was the 1st I pulled up. I have a Suzuki acoustic WR-150 which I purchased in 1978 for $145.00 reduced from $175.00, when I was 18. I believe it is a 1976 according to the salesman at the time. The Serial# is 71017. They were no longer producing them and this was the last one at his shop.
: : : The only info I have on it is the tag inside the sound hole which reads:Kiso Suzuki Violin Co Model#WR-150 and looks like it is hand signed by Suzuki but not for sure, could be just part of the printing process. This is said to be the same company that made the violins for the "Suzuki way of Music" for teaching young children music.
: : : I was offered $1200.00 by a 56 yr old guitarist from So St Paul, MN USA who has had blues bands ever since jr high school. He said that the Japanesse in the 70's turned out some great guitars trying to get into the american and euro markets and confirmed the high quality.
: : : Today at Mars Music I played a $1000. Martin that I wouldn't trade my Suzuki for.
: : : I really started to play for the last 5 yrs and everyone who has played it from pro's to novice really likes it and always comments on the great tone. I will continue searching and if I find another info, I will try to get it to you.
: : : http://hometown.aol.com/rpalodi/myhomepage/business.html

: : : Rich Palodichuk,
: : :

: I have a Kiso Suzuki WR 150 The Serial# 000843
: wonder what its worth
: Doug White

: white88@bellsouth.net

I also have a Kiso Suzuki WR 150 serial nº 60625 that i purchased in North Spain ( Vigo), in October, 1976. I paid 3 500 pesetas in that time. ( Since i´m portuguese, that represents about 1 750$00 in that time. By now, in terms of euros, it would be about € 10,00 or 8 dollars. Given tha gap of time, if today that would amount to about $ 150,00.

But, i think the sound of that particular japanese guitar, is well worth the sound os Martins costing ten times more...

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

suzuki WR150N sn 095134

jUST BOUGHT it last week. Looks great, put elixir nanoweb strings on it . It sounds dead. It was bought and then left in a closet judging by no wear on it. Will an instrument come back to life if exposed to noise? Anyone have any ideas on the noise factor and reviving resonance?

model 150 guitar

Ive got a Kiso Suzuki model 150 messd up my e mail yesterday sorry serial#00905 not 945. how old is it? I don't get the formula to find out the age. thanks

Kiso Suzuki 150 guitar

I have a Kiso Suzuki model 150. I am wondering how old it is? serial#00945 ive had it many years.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.