Suzuki F120 12 String?

Posted by Craig on Mon, 10/01/07 - 13:12:38.

Hello. I bought mine in San Francisco in 1970 but don't play it much because it sounds kinda "thin" and "tinny". Anybody think this could be because my strings are light gauge? There are many things about this guitar I just love. Appreciate your responses.

Craig.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Suzuki F120 12 String?

: Hello. I bought mine in San Francisco in 1970 but don't play it much because it sounds kinda "thin" and "tinny". Anybody think this could be because my strings are light gauge? There are many things about this guitar I just love. Appreciate your responses.

: Craig.

Hey Craig,

I've got a Suzuki F120 12 string. Bought it 5-6 years ago from a pawn shop. Love it. Paid about $150 for it. It has surprised more people than any other guitar I own. They pick it up and sniff, "Oh, it's a Suzuki," like its going to bite them. Then they play it and poof, they fall in love. I've had people offer me $500 for it after one playing. I've been looking all over the net for some info on F120's but have found very little. It would be nice to know when they were manufactured. Is see your post was from three years ago. I hope you kept your F120.

Mike

I learned on a Suzuki Cutaway Classical. It sounds as good as any I ever played if not better. I have been collecting Vintage Suzuki guitars now for several years. If it is a Nagoya Suzuki, it is a safe bet. Kiso Suzuki's are probably very similar in quality but that is not what I started collecting. I love these old suzuki's. You will pay thousands for similar sound and playability. Cherish the ones you can get your hands on.

: : Hello. I bought mine in San Francisco in 1970 but don't play it much because it sounds kinda "thin" and "tinny". Anybody think this could be because my strings are light gauge? There are many things about this guitar I just love. Appreciate your responses.

: : Craig.

: Hey Craig,

: I've got a Suzuki F120 12 string. Bought it 5-6 years ago from a pawn shop. Love it. Paid about $150 for it. It has surprised more people than any other guitar I own. They pick it up and sniff, "Oh, it's a Suzuki," like its going to bite them. Then they play it and poof, they fall in love. I've had people offer me $500 for it after one playing. I've been looking all over the net for some info on F120's but have found very little. It would be nice to know when they were manufactured. Is see your post was from three years ago. I hope you kept your F120.

: Mike

just got one

i bought a suzuki f-250 12 about a year ago and woulndt trade it for a new car! just picked up an f-120 12 today, needs strings and a nice waxing but if it sounds half as good as the 250 it was worth it. got it at a flea market for $100.00

I don't know if this is still active, but I just found this blog... I own a Suzuki Three's F120 12-string which I bought new in 1983 (I think). I have had similar experiences with friends who play as well - they pick it up, start playing, and don't want to put it down. My model has a pickup inside, but I think the last time I plugged in was in the 80's (major feedback issues, plus it sounds better all by itself).

I love this guitar and just recently polished it with some Music Nomad cleaning and polishing products, changed the strings, and oiled the fret bar. It looks and sounds as new as the day I bought it. I couldn't be more pleased (now "I" can't seem to want to put it down).

I don't know much about the history of this fine instrument, but I know it is a pleasure to use and enjoy each time I pick it up.

P.S. - I even still have the original plastic coating on the pickup guard (why remove it, right!)

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.