Kiso Suzuki - Violin Company

Posted by vivian Melvin on Wed, 02/20/02 - 15:41:09.

I have a violin that is a copy of a 1720 Antonius Stradivarus that was
reissued in 1977. It is in good condition and I am wondering
what it is worth? Kiso Suzuki-Viol m Co
Copy of Antonius Stradivarus
Anno 1977 NOR Japan Trademark S

This is posted inside of the violin. Thanks for any help with this question.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Guitar

Hi I have an Accoustic Guitar made by K. Suzuki model no 9507 bought in 1975 cost £56.00, here we are forty years later and it still sounds as good as it did when it was new, What a lovely instrument. Mike

Re: Kiso Suzuki - Violin Company

: I have a violin that is a copy of a 1720 Antonius Stradivarus
: anno1973 no.7 3/4 size It is in good condition and I am wondering
: what it is worth? Kiso Suzuki-Violin Co Ltd
: Copy of Antonius Stradivarus
: Anno 1973 NO7 3/4 Japan Trademark S

: This is posted inside of the violin. Thanks for any help with this question.

Kiso Susuki Violin Co., ltd copy Anton ius Stradivarus 720 1968

What is this violin worth?

ihavea,kisosuzuki,violin,copy,of,antonius,stradivarusi720,anno1965,no4,what,is,it,worth

I HAVE ONE TOO....

DID YOU EVER GET INFORMATION ON THE VIOLIN? IF SO, PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU FOUND OUT CUZ I AM VERY INTERESTED IN KNOWING ITS HISTORY AND VALUE???

THANKS,
RHADA

: : I have a violin that is a copy of a 1720 Antonius Stradivarus
: : anno1973 no.7 3/4 size It is in good condition and I am wondering
: : what it is worth? Kiso Suzuki-Violin Co Ltd
: : Copy of Antonius Stradivarus
: : Anno 1973 NO7 3/4 Japan Trademark S

: : This is posted inside of the violin. Thanks for any help with this question.

mi hanno regalato una chitarra KISO SUZUKI VIOLIN CO LTD model no. W-250M
sapreste indicarmi il suo valore'
grazie
alisa

i have a kiso suzuki violin model no H150. its in mint condition could you tell me what it would be worth thank you matthew.

I have an accoustic guitar made at the kiso suzuki violin company i just wondered how many were made at the time and approximately how much the guitar would be worth now
Jody Savage
purplemood39@hotmail.com
Looking forward to a reply

Hi Silly me didnt say what model it was it is a W250 and has K SUZUKI CO in gold on neck or end of guitar ... so can you help me as to how many were made and what the value of the guitar is
Jody
: Looking forward to a reply

: I have an accoustic guitar made at the kiso suzuki violin company i just wondered how many were made at the time and approximately how much the guitar would be worth now
Oh i forgot to mention which one...silly me ...as clear as i can see it says Model W 250 and on the end of the guitar it has a gold stamped K SUZUKI CO. written on it and inside guitar there is a certificate verifying model and company..
: Jody Savage
: purplemood39@hotmail.com
: Looking forward to a reply

J200

One just ended on Ebay for $363 + $30 shipping. Bummer. Should have jumped on it.

Kiso Suzuki

I have a Kiso Suzuki acoustic guitar model no. BW-300P serial 70901 and was wondering if anyone knows much about these guitars and how much they are worth. it sound great and has mother of pearl inlays on the frets and ivory edgeing. its a very nice guitar and wouldnt trade it for anything.

BW300P

Does your guitar have an electric pick-up fitted?

: : I have an accoustic guitar made at the kiso suzuki violin company i just wondered how many were made at the time and approximately how much the guitar would be worth now
: Oh i forgot to mention which one...silly me ...as clear as i can see it says Model W 250 and on the end of the guitar it has a gold stamped K SUZUKI CO. written on it and inside guitar there is a certificate verifying model and company..havent heard if you know how much this guitar is worth this is updated from last one the date is now oct 2009 any replies welcome
: : Jody Savage
: : purplemood39@hotmail.com
: : Looking forward to a reply

Kiso Susuki

Hey there I have a Kiso Suzuki J-200 BB model that my Mom got when she was like 20 so its roughly 1970's-1980's old. Starting to think it might be reasonablr valuable considering I hated it as it was the worst guitar to start on as the action was crazy and the jumbo as was annoying so i moved onto factory made ttanglewood. Would sell if someone wants it as they may appreciate it more than me!

Tengo un violin KISOSUZUKI CO. 4/4 Copia de Antonius Stradivarus 1720. año de fabricacion: 1971 Japon No.7.
me gustaria saber como fue fabricado, de que tipo de madera esta hecho y en cuanto esta valorado. amo mucho este violin y me gustaria que por favor respondieran a mis dudas. muchas gracias!!!

I too have an accoustic guitar made at the kiso suzuki violin company. I bought mine in 1973 and paid about $350 as best I can recall. Mine has a pickup in the sound hole from the manufacturer. I have a matching 12 string but it is not electric. Both have aged to have a great sound but I too do not know what the current value is. If anyone knows if the company is still in business, I'd like to know so I might be able to do some research. Thanks, Dave.

So, here's what I know. I received my Kiso Suzuki J-200 (very similar to Gibson's version only WAY cheaper) for my high school graduation in 1981 brand new. I too have been trying to find info on my best friend. I did read somewhere that the KSVC went out of business around that same time, so my guess is that my guitar was one of the last ones made before they went out of business. I have never seen another Suzuki guitar, haven't seen them on ebay, craig's list, nothing. My mom said she bought it from a local music store in Yuba City, CA where we lived for $200.00 out the door and that included a hard case. As I mentioned, it looks very much like the Gibson model J(for jumbo)-200 (Elvis played that one). It has blonde wood guessing maple all around, inlay stripe down the back, crown shaped fret inlay mother of pearl, the pick plate is almost identical to Gibson's (dandelion flowers), chrome machine heads, and ivory edging. I wouldn't trade this guitar for ANYTHING. It's not only gorgeous after all these years, it still sounds and plays as good as the Gibson counterpart, which today lists for over $5k. In fact, I just spent a couple hundred putting a L.R. Baggs M1 pickup in it. I've looked at others and played many--nothing could replace this guitar.

J-200

Hi Maria,

Thanks for your post.
Its good to seeing some discussion on this marvellous guitar.
I have had mine since late 70's and I too would not trade it for anything.
I recently played it live and someone came to me afterwards and said they couldn't see me playing, but thought it was a Marshall guitar.

Guitars have come and gone, but this one will stay. :)
The action is easy andthe sheer presence of its sound is awesome. Its not called a Jumbo for nothing.
Its great acoustically and as an acoustic-electric. I chose not to cut a hole to install a pup, but installed a Takimine Triax Sound hole magnetic pup instead....
It runs on a 3v battery and lasts forever. It has 3 coils which go deep into the hole so it doesn't miss a thing.

I recently bought the Steve Vai Ibanez Ep9 Euphoria, which is beautiful to play, but the truth is I am more confident with the J200.

What a guitar!
Thanks again
Paul

i have model wos 260, a good size acoustic with mother of pearl inlay in frets in shape of crawling ivy. My grandfather tells me he aquired it second hand in 1970s. Before i got this guitar in 1995, i played a martin, but ever since this guitar came into my possesion i sold the martin and play this, the action is great and it sounds divine honestly its that good, never before or since have i played or heard a guitar that sounds as good as my K Suzuki.

kiso suzuki wos 260bb

I also have this guitar. It's amazing and very sentimental.I bought it in a keyboard store maybe around 1981. I always called the inlay, jack and the beanstalk.This guitar sounds amazing and plays amazing.It cost around 300.00 with a case from what I remember.

kiso suzuki wos 260

hi guys I also have a wos260/12 string in amazing condition with the tree of life inlay , adjustable bridge etc would love to see pictures of other owners wos260's and hear your story's of how you acquired your super rare vintage Suzuki guitar please join our quest to link All vintage kiso Suzuki guitar owners in one place ...facebook ( I know but pretty much everyone's on it !)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Suzuki-Guitars/189707151062854

wos-260**

I looked for ya on FB but truth be known i am a dinosaur, i do have a (cf suzuki & Co. ) guitar. it is truly a beautiful and best made guitar around. i bought it when i was 21 years old that would be 34 years ago. the shop i bought it at told me he special ordered it new for a man and when it came in the man did not like it well enough to buy it so i have always thought i bought it new. i took it to a guitar shop a few years ago in oak ridge Tn. and the man looked at it a few min's and said "what suzuki had done was take the best of the best being a gibson & a martin to make one great guitar. it has the heel of a gibson (heel being the back part of the neck where the neck is supported on the side of the guitar) and he went on to tell me all about how well made the guitar is made and what on it is a cf martin and what is a gibson fashion. it is truly odd how suzuki on the top of the head of the guitar put " CF suzuki & Co. " to make it look like a "CF Martin & Co. " the model # on mine is wos-260 BB so i have always thought. i took it to a shop in knoxville Tn. years ago and in a book of trade value we found the model # wos-260 but nothing had anything after that like mine being the " BB ". so i thought it might be the mark of " special order " like the man told me when i bought it but i truly have no idea what the BB means. i like you it seams to be impossible to find anything out about these guitar's.

wos 260 bb

ive always been under the impression bb was for bottom belly meaning the bridge... I also have the original fred gretsch 1981 guitar catalog in which the guitar is featured and on the cover it says fixed bridge .... so that's all I can tell you

i have a kiso suzuki violin co. (est 1951) model, wos-260br, a good size acoustic with mother of pearl inlay in frets in shape of crawling ivy. i would like to know more about this guitar if any one knows

wos 260 guitar

hi Robert I also own one of these rare Japanese wos260's could you send me a couple of pics of your guitar , I have the only 12 string version that can be found , but I have never heard or seen a wos ( Western ,Ovangkol back and sides and ,Spruce top ) BR so would love to see it , thanks jarrod

Model WOS 260 BB

We have one also. Its a great sounding guitar. They came out in the early 80's. It is called "The Tree of Life ". Cost around 300 US then. Still looking for the value now .

: i have model wos 260, a good size acoustic with mother of pearl inlay in frets in shape of crawling ivy. My grandfather tells me he aquired it second hand in 1970s. Before i got this guitar in 1995, i played a martin, but ever since this guitar came into my possesion i sold the martin and play this, the action is great and it sounds divine honestly its that good, never before or since have i played or heard a guitar that sounds as good as my K Suzuki.

I'm in China.So lucky that I have a chance to buy one from my teacher.WOS260 is so rare in China and it sounds so nice.It's so fantastic that like you all said.It cost 1200.00 CNY.It's aboat 300.00 US$.And it's nice to meet you who have this model.

The WOS 260 BB

I have it too .... I stole it from alocal pawn store for $60.00 !!!!
I love this guitar the action is crazy amazing and the tone is die for , it is the lawsuit version.. any info on it would be appreciated

: i have model wos 260, a good size acoustic with mother of pearl inlay in frets in shape of crawling ivy. My grandfather tells me he aquired it second hand in 1970s. Before i got this guitar in 1995, i played a martin, but ever since this guitar came into my possesion i sold the martin and play this, the action is great and it sounds divine honestly its that good, never before or since have i played or heard a guitar that sounds as good as my K Suzuki.

: : i have model wos 260, a good size acoustic with mother of pearl inlay in frets in shape of crawling ivy. My grandfather tells me he aquired it second hand in 1970s. Before i got this guitar in 1995, i played a martin, but ever since this guitar came into my possesion i sold the martin and play this, the action is great and it sounds divine honestly its that good, never before or since have i played or heard a guitar that sounds as good as my K Suzuki.

I too have a suzuki 260 with mother of pearl leafy type design going up the fretboard. I got it second hand in the early 80's. I was wondering if anyone knew how much it was worth - only out of curiosity - I don't want to sell it.

My acoustic sounds almost identical to the one described here, but I can find little info on it on the net, which I find odd. Mine is a Kiso Suzuki violin company LTD guitar (hard to read model number)It has a dark brown back and sides and a light 'golden' top with a mother of pearl vine inlay in the neck in the shape of ivy, it has a 'mustache' shaped peg board with white pegs and an inset on each side and an unusually shaped 'tortoise shell pick guard. Around the sound hole is a thick black line bordered on each side by with a 'candy stripe' sort of pattern. The thick black line is inset with mother of pearl decoration (dot then ornate diamond) On the the back it has one central vertical inset stripe (ornate)on the head it has 'CT? (hard to read ornate writing) Suzuki & co est 1951'. It is a beautiful guitar I have owned for the last 11 years but sadly know little about, I've not seen another like it at all:( It has a lovely sound and a really low action without any buzz, and is just so nice to play. I would love to know more about it, If anyone knows anything, I'd love to know how old it is
~Alison

Re: Suzuki - Violin Company Guitar #9 Serial #060411

: I recently bought this at an estate auction. I was told it was early 1950's but more than that I don't know. It's pretty beat up and I'm having trouble finding out much about it. Can you help me with the age and any other pertinent info you think woould be of interest.
Thanks,
Larry

Hi, I too have a kiso suzuki wos 260 identical it seems to the one you have...I have had mine for 25 years, it's the most beautiful guitar and many people who have played it, agree the sound is amazing..my dad bought it for me and I would love any information on this particular guitar, if you know anything at all, would love to hear from you...

few days ago i pick up my suzuki guitar from a op shop.so lucky that there was 2 of them but i pick mine which is a better condition.so on my guitar it has a label of steel reinforced neck .mother of pearl on the frets,its a small traveller type or you can say its like a baby martin size.the inner label its got established 1887, model no 6,suzuki voilin co.ltd. made in nagoya japan.the sound of it is great after i change a set of exp strings the on it.the action is low without any buzz.

The KISO SUZUKI is not in business any longer, and it is hard to assess a value on their tems...I have a violin and the most I've been offered is $10.00 ;-(

Ive got a KISO SUZUKI copy of Antonio Stradivarius classical guitar non sloid top. Its reads "anno 1967 50 (or 5U)" . Anyone with an information on the guitar, manufacturer or price would be helpful.

: Ive got a KISO SUZUKI copy of Antonio Stradivarius 1720 Violin Anno 1972 1/2 No. 7 Japan. Can any one tell me what it may be worth or any other info. Thanks

I'm in the Army Band station in Japan and I found the same type of guitar made in 1966 with I believe is the serial number 60. I was lucky enough to pick it up at a recycle shop for only 500YEN which was around 4.5 USD. It sounds and plays wonderful.
: Ive got a KISO SUZUKI copy of Antonio Stradivarius classical guitar non sloid top. Its reads "anno 1967 50 (or 5U)" . Anyone with an information on the guitar, manufacturer or price would be helpful.

appraisal

: Ihave a kiso suzuki anno 1975 1/2, no. 7, violin, japan .Stradivarius copy. I want to know more less the price because I want to sell it. I will appreciate the help. thank you

Respons suzuki stradcopy 1720

Hi ! I have the same strad year 1720-model 4/4 but anno/from 1981. I am also interested what it is worth since I wan´t to sell quite soon. I bougth it as a kid and have almost not used it all. It´s brand news as a matter of fact. Please mail me if You got som info about the value. I can mail You as well, but I rather do it through the ordenary e-mail. Cincerely; Anders (from Sweden)

Violino Stradivarus

Bom Dia!!!
Meu nome é Luciano de Castro, moro no Brasil e tenho em mãos um violino autêntico Stadivarus. Gostaria de saber qual é a importância deste violino, o valor real do mesmo.
Gostaria da sua ajuda para melhores informações...
Infelizmente eu não sei outro idioma, apeans o português brasileiro, espero que vc compreenda a minha situação, já que o meu pai faleceu e o violino nõa está nos dando nenhuma utilidade.
Sei que ele é caro, pois uma vez no jornal, foi anunciado uma venda acima de 1.000.000,00 (um milhão de reais), espero que vc possa detalhar para mim a situação e a preciosidade que possuo.

Certo da sua atenção, agradeço-lhe antecipadamente

Atenciosamente

Luciano de Castro
BRASIL

Re: Violino Stradivarus

tb possuo um stradivarus, me manda um e-mail

oi meu nome e dsp um bom sitio para venderes o stradivarus pelo dobro do seu verdadeiro preço e na borgim & burges em salvador

bom dia, luciano;
entre em contato comigo o mais rapido possivel, tb possuo em "stradivarus" e ja estou preparando um leilao

bom dia, luciano;
entre em contato comigo o mais rapido possivel, tb possuo em "stradivarus" e ja estou preparando um leilao

bom dia, luciano;

violino

: Bom Dia!!!
: Meu nome é Anderson dos Santos,ao ler sua declaração me interecei,por que tenho um violino antigo e tenho duvidas se é stradivarus ou não!Teria jeito de você me mandar algumas fotos de se violino?aguardo resposta.
O violino Stradivarus é um ótimo violino,se realmente é um stradivarus você é uma pessoa sortuda,por que ele é ótimo de som e não cai o som altocar na 1,2,3..7 posição.
Eu toco violino deste os 7 nos de idade,hoje tenho 15 anos e aninda tenho bastante que aprender,sou brasileiro moro no interior de São Paulo,espero que você me responda,obrigada.

Re: violino

tenho um violino stradivarus de 1701 gostaria de vender
vc sabe como posso fazer ? sei que foi vendido um violino
stradivarus de 1707 por 3,5 milhoes de dolares espero sua resposta

olha..o stradivarius se define como o melhor violino por ser muito antigo...feito com o verniz classico...e todas as suas pessas foram precisamente detalhadas a mao... seu som é muito bom... e eu estou precisando de um violino inteiro...caso vc esteja entreressado em negocia-lo responda o e-mail... porfavor...

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2016 , All Rights Reserved.