old kraftsman guitars

Advertisement
Posted by willie on Fri, 01/31/03 - 08:56:57.
In Reply to Korean Guitar page

i own two old kraftsman 6 string guitars.
one is an archtop hallow boddy electric with f holes that belonged to my grandfather. the other is a thin solid boddy electric that was found in an old house and given to me by a friend. these are the only old kraftsman guitars that i have ever seen. ihave no idea how old they are.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: old kraftsman guitars

I just purchased an Old Kraftsman archtop electric with the two "Kelvinator" style pickups. Looking for a pickguard to fit if anybody has one they want to sell - or maybe a similar guitar that is damaged and needs to be repaired.

Old Kraftsman Guitars were the "house" guitar of the Speigel catalog company. They produced acoustics, thinlines, acoustic electrics and solid bodies. They were made in Chicago between the 1930s and 1960s mostly by Kay and Gibson. Good luck, Cool Guitar.

Here's some info on Old Kraftsman. Cut and paste it into your browser:

http://store.bluebookinc.com/downloads/BrowseCategory.asp?Product=electricguitar&Heading=685

I have most recently purchased an Old Kraftsman Acustic Gutiar, with F holes; but I do not know its age, nor anything else about the Old Kraftsman models. Can anyone provide any information on these guitars? I really like mine, and it actually keeps a tune quite well on a daily basis.

I also have an Old Kraftsman arch top (Hallow body Les Paul copy) electric with the F- holes. I was told buy a retailer that this model was made back in the late 50's
and carried an approx. value of $400.00

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.