Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - April, 2000

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Value & year of my Goya G-380.

no

: I've got a Goya G-380 Jumbo steel string flat top, ebony black trimmed in pearl white, with inlay on the fret board, bridge, back, and inlayed "Goya" insignia. It looks similiar to the Gibson "Everly Brothers" model. Trying to learn when it was made & it's value. Any help?

What is the best Distortion Pedal?

What is the best Distortion Pedal?

This popular thread has been given its own page : What is the best Distortion Pedal?

proto type jackson for viv cambell&last charvel made in usa

I have a jackson proto made for viv which was given to me in payment for a sound job i did for him.how do i find its value? i also have one of the last usa charvel guitars #3, i need a value for it as i intend to gig with them both ps last quote jack£2500 char£750

Re: proto type jackson for viv cambell&last charvel made in usa

: I have a jackson proto made for viv which was given to me in payment for a sound job i did for him.how do i find its value? i also have one of the last usa charvel guitars #3, i need a value for it as i intend to gig with them both ps last quote jack£2500 char£750. ps I am also looking to buy a 2u rackmount guitar effects processor, no pre amp, no amp drive , just programable effects.
The last quote I got was £850 for a Boss, no chance, a rolland or korg would do nicely please help.

Re: proto type jackson for viv cambell&last charvel made in usa

: : I have a jackson proto made for viv which was given to me in payment for a sound job i did for him.how do i find its value? i also have one of the last usa charvel guitars #3, i need a value for it as i intend to gig with them both ps last quote jack£2500 char£750. ps I am also looking to buy a 2u rackmount guitar effects processor, no pre amp, no amp drive , just programable effects.
: The last quote I got was £850 for a Boss, no chance, a rolland or korg would do nicely please help.
IF no one can help me on the value , then maybe someone can tell me the e-mail address to charvel/ jackson or jhs acessories as they used to sell them

Re: guitar cords

: I need the Guitar Cords for Ironman

Re: Jackson Soloist... good guitar? Also: 1 humbucker vs. 2 humbuckers

: : Just wondering what everyone's opinion is. Also, what is the difference between having one humbucker and two humbuckers? You can only use one at a time, correct? Thanks for any info.

well I dont know what their talking about cause I have a soloist and it is the best guitar I have ever owned....it has a great feel...I love the neck and I like the tone quite a bit. my intonation is perfect....I love everything about the Jackson Soloist....although I play stuff like Steve Vai and Joe Satriani....I think it is a very agressive players guitar....If you like stuff like that than the soloist is the best insturment.....(that and an esp) well thats all I have to say.......there awesome

: : Just wondering what everyone's opinion is. Also, what is the difference between having one humbucker and two humbuckers? You can only use one at a time, correct? Thanks for any info.
Jackson is making an import series from Japan that structurally is very good. Not very expensive at all. I believe it's based upon the Jackson Dinky model. Get it, gut it, Replace your pick-ups with higher end Seymour Duncans. This should give you a great guitar at a price well under what an original jackson soloist cost. I prefer the dinky's neck over the soloist neck. There is an amount of hype over the soloist. Do check out Ed Romans guitar site for some great Jackson info. Hope this helps

: I had a similar guitar, a couple years back, and I hated it. The neck was too hard, and needed refretting, only a couple of years after purchase. The double-locking tremolo was a nightmare. I had it with one single coil, and a humbucker. I liked this configuration, though Jackson pickups suck bigtime. You can only use one pickup at a time, this is because the 1980's style design that Jackson can't get off of, doesn't include the very cool coil tapping feature, that should be on every 3 pickup guitar. There are better guitars, then the overpriced, overhyped, Soloist. Good luck

The Jackson Soloist SL1 is an excellent guitar in all areas. It's build quality is amazing, it's tone is sweet and the neck is silky smooth. The sound from the Seymours Duncans makes it one versatile guitar. This is not just a Hard Rock/Metal guitar. Buy one, you won't regret it...I haven't:)

Re: learning base guitar

: can anyone please send me the basic cords so I can learn to play the base, I am 13 yrs old. Thankyou

Re: Neoclassical Shred/Classical Scales

DO YOU TRANSCRIBE RACHMANINOFF?
DO YOU KNOW ANY LINKS YOU COULD KINDLY INFORM ME OF
I WLL SWAP FOR SOME VERY VERY TECH WIDE INTERVAL SRING SKIP
SWEEP F.CHOPIN(PR:16.OP28 IN PREST.LEGATO
THANK YOU FOR READING THIS.
MARTIN

Re: learning base guitar

: can anyone please send me the basic cords so I can learn to play the base, I am 13 yrs old. Thankyou

Re: Neoclassical Shred/Classical Scales

where ever there's an h in pepes' scale examples
replace that with a "b" he must of had a typo problem
but his scales are accurate, Yngwie is all about
natural minor, harmonic minor, diminished and phrygian
scales and modes respectively. Try any search on
guitar lessons and you're more than likely to find
these scales in tablature format.

chords nya i will fly here

CM7 x35453
Em x79987
Dm x57765
G 355433
D#m x68876
A 577655

sori no solo ;d

CM7 E D D
CM7 E D G
oh my oh my, oh my oh my.. yeah

VERSE

CM7 Em Dm G
CM7 Em Dm G

CM7 Em
you know all the things I've said
Dm
you know all the things that we have done
G CM7
and things I gave to you
Em
there's a chance for me to say
Dm
how precious you are in my life
G Em
and you know that is true
A Dm G
to be with you is all that I need
Em A
cuz with you my life seems brighter
Dm G
and these are all the things I wanna say

CHORUS

CM7 Em
I will fly into your arms
D#m Dm G
and be with you till the end of time
CM7 Em
why are you so far away?
D#m Dm
you know it's very hard for me
G
to get myself close to you
CM7 Em D#m Dm G
oh yeah, o oh

VERSE

you're the reason why I stay
you're the one who cannot believe
our love will never end
is it only in my dream?
you're the one who cannot see this
how could you be so blind?

to be with you is all that I need
cuz with you my life seems brighter
and these are all the things I wanna say

CHORUS

why are you so far away?
to get myself close to you.. yeah, oh yeah

BRIDGE

I wanna get myself close to you
..wanna get, wanna get

CHORUS

why are you so far away?
to get myself close to you.. oh oo oo oh yeah

..wanna get, wanna get
I wanna get myself
I wanna get myself close to youuu..

Re: Eric Draven's Guitar Solo

: I'll write it out and send it to you today. I have to warn you though, when it's played it doesn't look the same as the way it's played on the film, but it sounds great!!

Re: Looking for advise from Experianced Guitar Owners and Players

[The body of this post has been reconstituted from replies so it may differ from what was originally written.]

My feeling is that Gibson type guitars are more forgiving(sound-wise)to a beginner.Fenders have a very clear,bright character with less sustain.If you dont know what your doing they can sound very harsh

Re: Looking for advise from Experianced Guitar Owners and Players

: I'm a newbie at electric guitars and the only info I've got about them is from guitar dealers (and who knows how trust worthy they are).. I'm looking for a guitar 800 bucks or under and am not sure what to get. I like a guitar that can get a really good classic rock sound. I was thinking of a Gibson LP (not gibson epiphone) but most are more than 800. The only thing that is around there is The Les Paul Lites but I don't know anything about there quality.
: :Which is better sounding and more reliable Gibson or Fender?? When I asked that to the guitar guy he said they are both completely different "animals" but I think one of them must be more preferred.... Could somebody help me ??? If you know any other type of guitar in the 800 dollar range let me know.. but am mostly considering LPs or Fenders...

Who do you listen to? What bands/players do you like? I can offer suggestions based on this.

Les Paul Original

: Where can I obtain the value of a Gibson "Les Paul Original" Electric Guitar? It was made in or about 1974 0r 75, and purchased in 1976. This guitar has had only one owner and in near mint condition.

Re: GIBSON SERIAL NUMBERS

: I'm not quite sure if ?'s advise is right if it's a vintage Gibson... or... I could be wrong...lol
: Anyway, you could check out http://www.gibson.com/downloads/bluebook/GibsonSERIALNUMBERS.pdf but need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader to view it. Have fun and good luck.

Re: unusual guitar bodies???

i'm looking for a big FAT hollow body , cannot find one anywere , anyone know were i can

: Thanks.

Re: belajar gitar

: aku ingin sekali bisa bermain gitar dengan lancar dan lihai,makanya aku ingin sekali bisa bermain gitar, please ajarin aku gitar dong!!!!aku suka sekali sama musik jadi aku harus bisa main gitar. Kalo ada yg bisa mainin gitar ajarin aku yach!!!!!!!!

S.D.Curlee Guitars

: does anyone know about these gutars? What are they like? Do they have a brass plate on the back?

Re: guitar amp

: could someone please send me instructions or refer me to the information i need to build a guitar amplifier.

http://www.muzique.com/amz/schem.html

S.D.Curlee Guitars

I talked to Randy Curlee (founder of S.D.Curlee Guitars) and he is sending me an article that sums up his company and guitars. I do have a rare brochure I will quote some for all to see:
Solid Honduras Pattern, Brass Strap Buttons, Adjustable Steel truss rod, Pickups, Mahogany Body, Guitar - Super Distortion humbucker and single coil high output, DiMarzio pickups, Adjustable Bass Bridge, Brass Control and Neck Anchor Plates, Individual tone and volume Controls, Pickup Selector Switch. If anyone is interested I can post more info, specs, etc.

Re: i dont know how to use kazaa or wnmix! help me!

: : : : : : : i have downloaded the kazaa and wnmix programs, but dont know how to use them.therefore, i am very unhappy. i love music and want to download to my hearts content.please help this computer dummy thank you!!!

Re: marshall cabinets

There are three basic Marshall cabs (not two)

1) A 1960AV cab has "vintage 30's" (70watts each). It is known as a vintage cab (Slash, Via, etc.) Hard rock sound with great tone.

2) 1960A, the standard or regular cab which has 75 watt speakers and a strait Marshall sound. Handles a lot of power and bass, good for general use.

3) 1960AC "classic" or "greenback" cab has 25watt celestions. (Van Halen, Hendrix, Cream, older smoother sound) The DSL overpowers this cab a bit.

I've tried all three with the DSL 100, I like the Vintage 30's the best with that amp. Lots of tone however not much treble.
The greenbacks sound like they are going to melt down -- totally saturated sound. Cool, in a way, but be ready to blow a speaker or two.
The standard 1960a cab sounds great with the DSL for all around modern heavy rock.

P.S. I have a Marshall DSL 100w head for sale and lots of used guitars at www.gtrkev.com

Re: i dont know how to use kazaa or wnmix! help me!

: : : : : : : : i have downloaded the kazaa program, but dont know how to use them.therefore, i am very unhappy. i love music and want to download to my hearts content.please help this computer dummy thank you!!!

Re: what's the difference between a bass and an electric guitar

this site is bull shit, it has no information and has wasted my time.

Re: Question on Gibson's nitro cellulose finish

: Whats the deal? on many reviews I hear that Gibson guitars finishes fade quickly because they all use nitro cellulose finishes.... oils from the arm and hand fade the guitar? is this true about Gibson guitar finishes??

Re: Question on Gibson's nitro cellulose finish

: Whats the deal? on many reviews I hear that Gibson guitars finishes fade quickly because they all use nitro cellulose finishes.... oils from the arm and hand fade the guitar? is this true about Gibson guitar finishes??

Re: to download free hindi vedio songs

: : : : : and hindi video clips
: : : i want vedio of chunari chunari song from MONSOON WEDDING Urgently.PLEASE

Re: to download free hindi vedio songs

: : : : : : and hindi video clips
: : : : i want vedio of yeh dil from AITRAAZ Urgently.PLEASE

Re: Free Hindi Mp3

: : : I want free hindi mp3's and Rapture dhol mix.

Re: free mp3 songs in hindi i download

: : : : : : i want mp3 hindi songs for free
: : : : Jhankar Beats film songs

Re: minta chord lagu

minta chordnya alter bridge donk ...
sm peter pan yg di belakangku ...

Re: start me up

Ducky this is Kev. Send a mess to my web page at:- hasslefree@dr-dre.com and i will av them straight to you!!!!!! its easy!

Re: start me up

: Hi there Ducky, this is kev. e-mail me at hasslefree@dr-dre.com and ill av them straight to you> its easy!!!!

Re: minta chord lagu

: minta chordnya betrayer
: sm chord-nya iron maiden

Re: LOTS Of GUITAR STUFF ON MIRC! A MUST CHECK!!!

Has this channel stopped working now?

Re: WANTED:TOKAI LES PAUL

: Im looking for a tokai les paul copy.
: Honey burst would be nice.

Yep,...very nice,..like the one I bought today with a very nicely figured flame-top. I wanted it the second I laid eyes on it.
If you're in Canada, Macaulay's Music Mart in Cambridge Ontario,...(near Kitchener) is where I found mine. Pete's # is (519) 653-5060

Re: download hindi songs of Lata Mangeshkar free

: : : : : : i want to download free hindi songs of Lata Mangeshkar.

Re: Win an ACID music loop library of your choice!

: Win an Acid loop library by telling us what loops you like...
: <a href="http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/news/149">http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/news/149</a>

: Come and win!

Re: Win an ACID music loop library of your choice!

: Win an Acid loop library by telling us what loops you like...
: <a href="http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/news/149">http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/news/149</a>

: Come and win!

Re: DOWNLOAD FREE HINDI VIDIO SONGS

: : : TO
: : : SIR
: : : PLEASE GIVE ME SOME HINDI NEW <B style="color:black;background-color:#ffff66">VIDIO</B> SONGS
: : : DOWNLOAD.

[The body of this post has been lost]

: : : : TO
: : : : SIR
: : : : PLEASE GIVE ME SOME HINDI NEW <B style="color:black;background-color:#ffff66">VIDIO</B> SONGS
: : : : DOWNLOAD.

: : : : PLEASE GIVE ME SOME HINDI NEW <B style="color:black;background-color:#ffff66">VIDIO</B> SONGS

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.