Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - August, 2000

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

no

hi everybody!

ìóçûêà

ðåáÿòà!!! èãðàéòå ïàíê-ðîê!

Re: ìóçûêà

:
yeah man meeeee 222222222222 whoa

7 stringbass

Conklin makes a killer bass, I have the honor of owning one.
Rosewood fretboard, maple body and purple heart back.
Lanepoor pickups piezos, stereo and the sound, well it's
awesome. Bass player, HAMMER ON!!!!

Guitar chords for Duane Eddy's Quiniela and Route#1

Anyone out there know the chords to the Duane Eddy instrumentals Quiniela and Route#1...... it starts in G minor on the record... please email me the chords if you have the time...thanks..ecarroll@storm.ca

Re: Guitar chords for Duane Eddy's Quiniela and Route#1

I can give you the chords to Quiniela but I can't seem to contact you.I sent you an e mail but it came back with the message no such address. If you contact me with a correct address I will be glad to send you the .chord chart

Re: Guitar chords for Duane Eddy's Quiniela and Route#1

: I can give you the chords to Quiniela but I can't seem to contact you.I sent you an e mail but it came back with the message no such address. If you contact me with a correct address I will be glad to send you the .chord chart

iwould like the chords to quinella pleaseRe: Guitar chords for Duane Eddy's Quiniela and Route#1

: : I can give you the chords to Quiniela but I can't seem to contact you.I sent you an e mail but it came back with the message no such address. If you contact me with a correct address I will be glad to send you the .chord chart

iwould like the chords to quinella pleaseRe: Guitar chords for Duane Eddy's Quiniela and Route#1

: : I can give you the chords to Quiniela but I can't seem to contact you.I sent you an e mail but it came back with the message no such address. If you contact me with a correct address I will be glad to send you the .chord chart

Rogue guitars & Jackson guitars

Anybody know if Rogue guitars are any good?
I've been thinking of buying the Rogue RK550,
mainly 'cos its real cheap and has 3 mini-humbuckers and 24 frets. Now the Rogues evidently are made in the same place as Squires, and i'm not too mad about them either. Also i've been considering some cheap Jackson models, most of them have only 2 humbuckers tho, and i doubt they are any good for lead work... any advice, comments etc?

Re: Rogue guitars & Jackson guitars

I'd go for a low line Jackson or Ibanez before a Rogue. Less features will probably mean a better guitar in this price range. The bridge pickup should be fine for solos, plus you'll probably get a better factory pickup in a Jackson or Ibz. Good luck

rogue 7 string

hey does anyone know if rogue 7 strings are good because i wanna get one only because its cheap.....but is it a good guitar>?

amp parts

I am curious to know if any body knows where i can find a web site that deals with getting replacment parts for a rogue amplifier. If you do please e-mail me. thanks

: Anybody know if Rogue guitars are any good?
: I've been thinking of buying the Rogue RK550,
: mainly 'cos its real cheap and has 3 mini-humbuckers and 24 frets. Now the Rogues evidently are made in the same place as Squires, and i'm not too mad about them either. Also i've been considering some cheap Jackson models, most of them have only 2 humbuckers tho, and i doubt they are any good for lead work... any advice, comments etc?

I purchased a Rogue AE-200 which is an acoustic cutaway with a built-in pickup and EQ. You get a lotta bang for the buck with this axe. It has a solid spruce top, mahogany sides and back, abalone rosette around the soundhole, abalone bindings, diamond-shaped inlays on the fretboard and the workmanship is comparable to or better than a fender or yamaha in the same price range. Tone is better than adequate. I am considering selling it though because I have acquired a few more axes since then and I am going to have to start parting with some of them. It is in new condition with a hardshell case. Let me know if you are interested.

i WAS INSERRESTED IN THE ACCOUSTIC ELECTRIC
SO EMAIL ME

: ERA INSERRESTED EN EL ACCOUSTIC ELÉCTRICO: TAN EMAIL YO

anybody know if the rogue MB-50G Mandolin Banjo anygood or not? how do you tune one anyway?just like a mandolin or what?

: mainly 'cos its real cheap and has 3 mini-humbuckers and 24 frets. Now the Rogues evidently are made in the same place as Squires, and i'm not too mad about them either. Also i've been considering some cheap Jackson models, most of them have only 2 humbuckers tho, and i doubt they are any good for lead work... any advice, comments etc?
When I was going to buy my first guitar I considered buying a Rogue, then I went to the store and played one. I ended up buying a Jackson and I love it. Jacksons are good if you want to play metal. I've heard other people refer to Jacksons as "aggressive guitars." I have no idea what this means but I would assume that it has something to do with being a good heavy metal guitar. If you're going to buy a Jackson, make sure you don't get Jackson pickups. That's the only think I hate about my guitar. They kick ass for when I'm playing with distortion, but they're too overdriven to play clean. Try to get Seymour Duncans as Jackson likes to put these on the guitars they don't use their own pickups on. Hope this helps.

Re: Rogue guitars

I guess you've got the answer to your question by now, but I thought I'd throw my opinion in anyway. I bought a Rogue RX200 a few months ago, and I've been very impressed with it. It only cost me about $200.00, and it's fully loaded. It has three pickups (humbucker-single-humbucker), Floyd Rose locking tremolo, 24-fret neck with shark-fin inlay, and so on. It sounds as good as it looks, too. I'd say Rogue is a good choice for a good musician on a budget, like myself.
Sincerely,
Eric

Re: Rogue guitars

I RECENTLY BOUGHT A ROGUE 12 STRING TO REPLACE MY 70`S EPIPHONE 12. I WAS LEERY ABOUT THE $140 PRICE. AFTER MY GRANDSON (GUITAR EXPERT) PLAYED IT AS WELL AS THE EPI,HE APROOVED.

Rogue guitars are very good! I've got one the hardware is easy to replace and the guitar is easy to handle.Also everything sounds perfect. You can even get it to sound a little bit conjested wich sounds really good destorted. I would definatley recomend this guitar to anyone!!!

rogue review needed

i am thinking on getting a Rogue LX200BL, and the only reason is because i am not very good financially and i play lefty and all lefty guitars are pretty expensive but this ones prices were slashed alot, and i am also a beginner if that makes a deifference anyways someone tell me something about this bass, thanx

i have been playing hard rock guitar fo 14 years and have owned gibsons and jacksons and bc richs and various cheap guitars to. about 3 years ago i bought the rogue double neck 12/6 string in a black/purple burst. the guitar was on closeout and i paid 1/4 of retail. the overall body and neck is heavy duty and the necks are set but they shake and pull the strings out of tune and the hardware is chinsy. the humbucker pickups arent to bad a little noisy but the bridges and nuts are junk.

Rogue guitars are awesome dude! Where is a site
where u can look at them on here? I can not find anything

Yeah, i bought a Rogue SS4 for like $76 (including shipping) from MFriend. It came with 2 single-coils and a humbucker @the bridge. 5 way switching. I'm a bass player, and i just wanted something EXTREMELY cheap, just to mess around on, and never planned on performing with it. Since it was such a nice find, I use it all the time.
The only problem is that the strings that came with it really sounded bad, but i just got some new ones and it has high quality sound. The single coils are great, the dont hum loudly, and they both sound great. The humbucker is pretty hot, but if you like the response of the HB, you can combine the smooth single coil with the HB and it sounds really nice. Im just mad I lost the tremelo bar.

Fender Precision Jazz Bass

I have a Fender Precision Jass Bass made in 1977 in near mint contition with fender hard case. What is it worth and where is the best place to sell it? Thanks

Gibson SG 1982 Firebrand

I am trying to determine the value of my SG 1982 Firebrand for resale. Can anyone point me in a good direction?
Thanks.

Re: Gibson SG 1982 Firebrand

: I am trying to determine the value of my SG 1982 Firebrand for resale. Can anyone point me in a good direction?
: Thanks.

Dude, I've owned a Les Paul Firebrand since 1985, and I LOVE IT! It's an '81 model actually, and I bought it used for $300. I've seen a few other firebrands in local stores selling for about $250 lately, and they're all the woodgrain finish ones. Mine was actually repainted and refinished by the original owner to black with a gold burst on the body, so it's pretty unique, and it's going to the grave with me, even though I now play a real Les Paul now most of the time. Anyway, I think I'd suggest selling it for around $250 or so, depending of course on its condition. When I got mine it was in MINT condition, excepting the new finish of course, with a good hardshell case.

Dude, I will buy that guitar from you for $275 with shipping and handling, or call me at my house at (1303) 554-9450.
Peace.

: Dude, I will buy that guitar from you for $275 with out shipping and handling, or call me at my house at (1303) 554-9450.
: Peace.

: : Dude, I will buy that guitar from you for $275 with
shipping and handling, or call me at my house at (1303) 554-9450. or call Bob Dooney @ guitar Bazzar in Boulder at 303 442-1366
: : Peace.

Vintage guitar price guide has them listed at $500.00, mint condition. The Blue Book has them at roughly the same. In my opinion there worth twice that. Considering todays prices and craftsmanship, they will blow away any new $800.00 SG. They were only made for a couple of years,(1980-1982). Great hard rock/heavy metal guitar.

Measuring Your Progress- by Jamey Andreas

Measuring Your Progress

In order to make Vertical Growth as players, there are some very
important
conditions to be met. One of these, and one very often lacking in a
player/practicers approach, is a systematic, scientific, method of
measuring
results. Of course, we all probably have some vague sense of whether or
not
we are actually making any progress as players. We all probably have
those
pieces or songs or leads we check in with from time to time to see if
we are
able to play them any better. But to really kick your progress into
high
gear, you need something a little, scratch that, a LOT more focused.
You need
a system. You need routines that you can apply to various situations,
routines that give results, and provide the feedback on measurement of
results that you need to assess the effectiveness of the routines
themselves.
You need to know whether a particular routine you have devised to solve
a
problem or improve something is actually working.

Imagine going in to a gym to work out, and expecting to get results by
randomly picking up weights each time you went in. How about, even
worse, you
never remembered what you did the last time! Sometimes you would work
out
with fifty pounds, sometimes a hundred. You know what would happen? At
best,
not much. At worst, a lot of sore or damaged muscles, and wasted time
and
money (but at least it would get you out of the house)!

Yet that is what many guitarists do when they practice. They will be
working
on, say, an arpeggio study or scale, and they will have no idea of the
speed they are able to play it, the speed at which their present level
of
development allows them to play that particular passage of music or
exercise,
before beginning to "fall apart." And it is very important to know
that!
Otherwise, you will have no idea (or not a clear enough idea) of when
you
have made progress, when you have gotten results from a particular
practice
approach. Just as a bodybuilder must know what weight they are
presently able
to lift or press so that they can work out with the right amount of
weight at
their particular point of development, musicians must know the same
thing
when it comes to their technique, which is THEIR athletic ability to
produce
music on their instrument.

This means that if I am working on a scale, I must know the top speed I
can
play it. I must work up to that speed every day. I must then apply
certain
practice routines designed to get me past that top speed, so that if
today I
can play it at 120 beats per minute in sixteenth notes, I will be able
to
play it at 132 bpm next month.

And how do we do that. GET A METRONOME AND LEARN HOW TO USE IT! I
swear, I
should start my own metronome company, given the number of metronomes I
have
been responsible for having people buy over the years! It is required
for all
my students. I cannot produce results with students if they don't have
a
metronome, and know how to use it effectively in practice routines.

And once they do know how to use it, they have a powerful method and
tool for
learning things ON THEIR OWN. Then my role as teacher becomes more of
showing
them higher levels of playing, and introducing them to more complex
situations that will be solved by using the same practice routines they
have
used on the ones previously mastered.

Here are some ways to apply these understandings to your immediate
situation:

1) Get a metronome, and use it for all "technical" routines. Use it
especially for all routines designed to increase speed, i.e., all scale
and
arpeggio studies.

2) Determine your top speed as soon as possible when learning a new
technical
exercise. This is the speed you will work up to each practice session.

3) Determine as soon as possible exactly where the exercise or musical
passage breaks down as you go past your top speed.

4) Isolate those notes, analyze the movements of both hands required
for
producing those notes, AND FIGURE OUT WHAT IS GOING WRONG at that
speed.

5) Move the metronome to much lower speeds, and look for the BEGINNINGS
of
those wrong things happening, and work with them there, at the
beginning. For
instance, if my top speed on a Gmajor second position scale is 120 bpm,
and I
notice at that speed my pinky is getting so tense it is beginning to
pull
away from the string, I will LOOK FOR THAT STARTING TO HAPPEN AT A MUCH
LOWER
SPEED. Once I see that (which I never noticed before), I can work with
it
there, fix it at the lower speed, and then I WILL SEE THAT PASSAGE
START TO
GET STRONGER, HOLD TOGETHER AT THE HIGHER SPEEDS.

The more you understand and DO these things, the more you will have the
great
confidence and pleasure that comes with knowing you can always make
yourself
a better guitarist because YOU KNOW HOW TO PRACTICE!

copyright 2000 by Jamey Andreas, guitarprinciples.com

the guitar solo to Prince's Purple Rain

the guitar solo to Prince's Purple Rain

This popular thread has been given its own page : the guitar solo to Prince's Purple Rain

Another Amp Question...?

Is it possible to put a head from a half stack in a rack and then have speakers cabinets on the side...or are rack mountable amps the only thing you can put in a rack????

Re: Another Amp Question...?

hehe, i think that you can put rackmount equip in a rack, heads would sit on top of the cabs.

Re: Another Amp Question...?

: hehe, i think that you can put rackmount equip in a rack, heads would sit on top of the cabs.

You can put heads in a flight case though...

lost music where has the metal gone?

woul it not be nice to have true metal back in our lives again why does all the new shit suck so bad? i think that i know----- no talent

Re: lost music where has the metal gone?

i'm not sure its the lack of talent, but the fact is that american 'hiphop metal' is fashionable, much more so than 'true metal', anyway the underground is going strong and following the metal tradition: unfashionable, powerful and innovative.
I too hope this new trend will pass soon.

: i'm not sure its the lack of talent, but the fact is that american 'hiphop metal' is fashionable, much more so than 'true metal', anyway the underground is going strong and following the metal tradition: unfashionable, powerful and innovative.
: I too hope this new trend will pass soon.

Wanna bang yer head? 2 words.. ICED EARTH..

: i'm not sure its the lack of talent, but the fact is that american 'hiphop metal' is fashionable, much more so than 'true metal', anyway the underground is going strong and following the metal tradition: unfashionable, powerful and innovative.
: I too hope this new trend will pass soon.

Wanna bang yer head? 2 words.. ICED EARTH..

It's not just metal that's gone. Alternative and just straight rock music have been tainted by rap and whiny pussies who think they're a rock band. Someone please kill Fred Durst and Kid Rock.

: It's not just metal that's gone. Alternative and just straight rock music have been tainted by rap and whiny pussies who think they're a rock band. Someone please kill Fred Durst and Kid Rock.
Amen Bro!

: i felt the hate rise up in me kneel down and clearthe stone of leaves i wonder out where u cant see inside my shell i wait and bleed

: woul it not be nice to have true metal back in our lives again why does all the new shit suck so bad? i think that i know----- no talent

I don't think that it's that metal is gone. I think it's just hiding for a while. Pretty soon people will get tired of rap and "rap-metal" (which is in my opinion rap only with a really detuned 7 string guitar) and metal will come back bigger and stronger than ever.

does anyone have the same goal(atl)

who has talent ambition KNOWLEDGE a drive to strive for the top in the music industry. where are you? can you play like randy or kirk or zack

the lone metal guitar

Re: does anyone have the same goal(atl)

: who has talent ambition KNOWLEDGE a drive to strive for the top in the music industry. where are you? can you play like randy or kirk or zack

:
: the lone metal guitar
I'm trying, check out "Phrygian Groove" at http://www.mp3.com/mozez it is currenlt #6 in Instrumental Rock at mp3.com at http://genres.mp3.com/music/pop_rock/rock/guitar_rock/instrumental_rock/?tp.

-- Peace, David Gerlach

who is randy kirk and zach i might have there ambitions if i new who they where

: who is randy kirk and zach i might have there ambitions if i new who they where

You don't know who these guys are?
Do you even know what a guitar is??
Kirk Hammett, Randy Rhodes, Zack Wylde

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.